Sponsored

Does Closing the order books lead to faster production???

Nuxx

Badlands
First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do we think that after closing the order books Ford will be able to streamline existing orders and get them to customers faster than what has been going on up to this point?? I placed an order FEB 10 2022 on a Badlands Sasquatch Hard Top. I Hope by next summer I will have it???
Sponsored

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nobody really knows. I think the premise was to finish all the current orders by the end of MY 22... Good luck either way

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you mean Summer of 2023 and your dealer has a lot of allocations and not a lot of builds in front of you with similar constraints and you are not going with Lux, then maybe.

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Doubt it. Chip shortage is still real. Dealer Allocation is still there. They still have a massive backlog. It’s just now that people can’t walk in, and get one in 3 months when people who have waited 2 years haven’t even received a VIN.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IMO, it is all about managing production capacity. The Ranger isn't going to stop production. Ford threw a bone to reservation holders making the Everglades only available to unscheduled order holders. And then there is the Bronco Raptor that will consume some of that capacity. Sure some reservation holders were chosen to order a Bronco Raptor, but Ford will be producing more than just the few lucky reservation holders that were selected.

Ford wants to get both the Everglades and Raptor produced in sufficient volume. But MAP suddenly won't be able to crank out more so unscheduled order holders that don't choose the Everglades trim or were fortunate to be selected to order a Raptor should brace themselves for a longer wait. Ford shutting down new orders only prevents the line from growing. It doesn't mean the line will move quicker.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It will stop the walk in big bend soft top line jumpers, and force Ford to figure out how to deliver what has already been ordered in the past 14 months.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not a single bit imo…there’s still thousands of orders pending and a constraint in parts 🤷🏼‍♂️

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nobody really knows. I think the premise was to finish all the current orders by the end of MY 22... Good luck either way
Premise is to avoid orders and build inventory for dealers on which they can charge higher ADMs. Most/many orders are now at MSRP (lesson learned the hard way by many members here). These retail units will be jacked up big time.
Sponsored

Last edited: