Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I started to dig up what I used, but found that I was lacking good documentation. The following items is a start. The ratchet handle is aluminum, but the rest of the ratchet does rust.
The flexible extension, I did not use the right angle part was useless.

All of this was found on Amazon.

FIRSTINFO F32422B 1/4-Inch Hex Bit Mini Ratchet Wrench- 72 Tooth, Low Profile, Light Weight, Aluminum

AUTOTOOLHOME Flexible Drill Bit Extension with Right angle Drill Adapter Flex Shaft for Electric Screwdriver Power Impact Drill Magnetic Hex Shank Quick Change 11.5" Long
Sponsored

JMacBadlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

everything installed and working great. I also added a solenoid to disconnect power to the winch from the upfitter switches and I added a wireless remote so so need for the wired plug to operate. It all fit with the capable bumper with no issues and I added some moose knuckle shackles.

I was thinking the same thing with the material the adapter is made of. I was going to look into if I could take off and put on just when I'm wheeling or spray it down with rustoleum before install.
IMG_7954.jpeg

OP
OP
Bellime

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

everything installed and working great. I also added a solenoid to disconnect power to the winch from the upfitter switches and I added a wireless remote so so need for the wired plug to operate. It all fit with the capable bumper with no issues and I added some moose knuckle shackles.

Ford Bronco DIY - remote engage/disengage Rough Country Hidden Winch lever IMG_7954
Sounds great.. just to tell you, I made a bracket for the plug up front, accessible from outside without having to open the hood, it is tucked out of the way so you won’t see it unless your looking for it.

Ford Bronco DIY - remote engage/disengage Rough Country Hidden Winch lever IMG_1629

I leave the remote in the center console.

I also put a manual disconnect for the winch power, I wanted to keep my aux switches free for other things. So I mounted it next to the battery, my reasoning was that my day-to-day driving doesn’t need a winch, when I am in the mountains I’ll leave it on, thus no need to open the hood.

Just my two cents

JMacBadlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that looks like a good spot for the plug. I have mine zip tied near the battery as a back up if the wireless remote fails.

OP
OP
Bellime

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

that looks like a good spot for the plug. I have mine zip tied near the battery as a back up if the wireless remote fails.
I guess I didn’t get that option, I only have the cabled controller

JMacBadlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the wireless remote on amazon and wired it up to the winch control box so you can still use the wired or the wireless. Its a simple add on that came with an extra control solenoid that you don't need but could use if yours fails some day. It was $55 the small black box on the side is the remote box that I stuck to the side of the controller cover. Probably could have fit inside the cover but didn’t want to cut plastic and risk losing the waterproofing seal.
Ford Bronco DIY - remote engage/disengage Rough Country Hidden Winch lever IMG_7871
Sponsored