RoverDude

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (First Edition)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Do I need to change all of the following Modules in forscan if I only installed the factory 4/7 pin wiring harness with no Trailer Brake Controller ?
1658882024599.png
Those settings have nothing to do with the brake controller.
Those settings should enable the auxiliary power to work( enabling relay ), blind spot, trailer sway options.
Sponsored

jwmartin

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Those settings have nothing to do with the brake controller.
Those settings should enable the auxiliary power to work( enabling relay ), blind spot, trailer sway options.
I have a 2023 wildtrack also like Finallyabronco's post . I loaded my old profile and it didnt have the trailer module, going to give the forscan a go again with a new profile. I just matched both sides of connector because my connector looked like Finallyabronco's. Not like Fords installation instructions for that plug.

Mezley

Big Bend
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any updates with this?

1986Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 V90 T6 Polestar, 2018 4Runner, 1990 Pao
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What updates are you looking for?

Maybe I can help, I recently installed the Lumen 4/7 kit with an aftermarket hitch and used the Forscan data on page 1 to update the Bronco.

2023 Badlands, 2.3 manual, High Package, built in March.

Lumen kit did not have printed directions, just a QR code but the directions were good. One iffy spot for zip-tie block... ate up most of my time trying to get it back out. I also undercoated the Bronco with black Fluid Film a couple of months ago so it made this particulalry fun.

Wiring was as expected and not as intimidating as most would think. There is a member here, Mr. Toad?, that has a rather great video:

The Forscan block changes were mostly accurate with the BCM lines having the most difference; some of the lines were already changed to what RoverDude was changing them to.

I changed everying else identified and wrote all to each module. The BCM got hung up on 33% and 88% but went through.

The on-screen menu is updated with the trailer options and I have a 7-pin tester coming in this afternoon to check the connections. The 4 pin is working fine.

The only caveat with this is that I will have no idea if any of the OEM trailer towing options are working as intended like BLIS.

I will upadate later when the 7-pin tester comes in.

1986Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Still waiting on the 7-pin tester. 2100 DTC error for the TRM is present and will not go away.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RoverDude

RoverDude

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (First Edition)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Still waiting on the 7-pin tester. 2100 DTC error for the TRM is present and will not go away.
Look at the values I had for TRM.
Even if they're the same values,
write the entire module,
not just the individual lines.
Write all should (hopefully)....? Clear that up.

1986Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Still some problems.

What do you think about changing the pin setting in APIM from none/4 pin to 1-7 pin?

Last edited:

Sponsored

1986Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Waiting on the 7-pin tester but no more DTC errors. Shut it down, started it up and ran it for a bit, then checked again and still no errors. Tow options still on the dash screen.

I will update when the 7-pin tester shows up.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Last edited:

1986Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@RoverDude

7 pin tester came in and all wiring (minues the electric brake signal) is the way it should be.

I'm glad I dug down a little and saw that you said the following in another thread:

"If you don't install the brake controller, there's no separate trailer brake signal.
The trailer tow module is responsible for the left signal right signal brake signals and the relay for the battery charge.

The brake controller is totally separate, not connected to the tow module. It's a separate variable signal.
Yes, it goes to the seven pin, but is not predicated on any of the programming"

Interesting to note and I wonder if there is a fix for:

4-pin tester will pull a message on the dash screen saying there is a trailer attached, sensors are deactivated, etc.

7-pin tester will NOT pull up the message which I think means that OEM software to deactivate sensors, etc. is not activated?

Last edited:

1986Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I also added the tow light check function in the APIM. This is super handy and everyone should have this.

1986Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier, but both of our Toyotas have 4/7 pin connectors. I tested them with the trailer wire tester and both act the same way as the Bronco in regards to the electric brake signal.

Neither of the Toyotas have a software delete for any of the systems when a trailer is attached so the comparisons ended there... at least for the trailer wiring. Now is probably not the time to mention that towing was standard, the 4/7 connector was standard, they have been utterly straight reliable for as long as we have owned them as standard...

Tofudude

Base
First Name
Chan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Brono Base Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I also added the tow light check function in the APIM. This is super handy and everyone should have this.
Do you happen to have a screen shot of the line you change to turn this function on?
Sponsored