Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All the info I can find says the JL Sport (which is what the Texas Trail is based on) says that they came with the Dana 30 in the front. Only the Rubicon came with the 44 up front.
Ford Bronco Differentials and axles differences strengths CE64FAA3-DC21-40CD-A270-C0C3586BB3F8
Ford Bronco Differentials and axles differences strengths DCF14544-A640-4B8E-898F-389673399C23
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Comes standard if you go tow or diesel last time I looked. I know I was looking hard at Jeep Gladiators in 2021 before I got covid laid off.
You do understand that tow and diesel are options... which makes the axle an option too...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fordified1

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok that makes sense. Tx Trail package includes tow. I was mis-informed by a jeep guy neighbor that all Gladiators come with D44’s front and rear. His is Diesel btw.

Last edited:

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok that makes sense. Tx Trail package includes tow. I was mis-informed by a jeep guy neighbor that all Gladiators come with D44’s front and rear. His is Diesel btw.
You just had to say "Jeep guy neighbor" and it all would have made sense from the beginning. :LOL:

2DR22Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04Cobra, 95Cobra, 17Explorer, 89Bronco!!, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really good thread here. I am glad I stumbled into it.

Jaydentrost

Black Diamond
First Name
Jayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have gathered there are basically 3 different diffs under Broncos. 190, 220, and 230. Guessing this represents the ring gear diameter in millimeters.

Does a Black Diamond non SAS with 4:46 ? gearing have the same strength diffs as a SAS with 4.7 gearing? I do understand I won’t get a front locker and for what I’ll be doing that’s ok. I have a buggy on portals I crawl with.
Think about how larger rotors stop a vehicle better than smaller--it's because it's harder for the axle to turn. The same situation applies to larger tires.
Sponsored