Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ok, so install of the Diabolical slipstream is time consuming. Especially if you're very particular in terms of alignment, want a no squeak /rattle install, and don't want to do anything twice. There is a lot of hardware to install.

Took me about 6 hrs taking my time and addressing any fitment concerns along the way. There is no manual, it's a 1.5 hour long youtube video so prepare yourself for that.

It's a very well engineered system, clearly took some time to get this created.
I got the newer slide 2.0 and the newer slipstream, so I have the rotating handles on the top panels of the slipstream and the heavier gauge slides that can manage 4-500 lbs is my understanding. The rear most section of the slide needs to be unbolted in order to access the jack or storage compartment. I wish the slides allowed for it to simply pull out further as this is a hassle if you need to empty the rack to access the bolts to remove the rear section to just be able to lift the storage compartment lid. MY understanding is the more heavy duty slides used prohibited this.

It's a pretty kick ass slide though, uses basically all of the trunk space, will still allow for factory storage access, and will clear a tailgate table.

I have read a lot of folks talking about the rattles and using bungee cords and misc things to yank on the hitch pins that hold the top and front plate of the slipstream. Here's the secret to a rattle free setup, use rubber heatshrink on the pins. Keep it a tad long so that it protrudes past the pin about an 1/8 of an inch and double layer it. The pin is a tighter fit this way, does not move, and the rattle, which is mainly generated by the side of the clip that attaches once installed is completely buffered by rubber and makes ZERO noise now. You're welcome.

For the front fold down panel I could not get the top pins to fit with the rubber so I actually went to a slightly smaller diameter hitch pin and then rubber wrapped and it worked great.
Also I used multiple layers of 3m rubber heatshrink on the latches under the top panels. Stacking until I got the proper snug fit was the key. About three layers on average. One particular corner required four.

The issue with the Raptor and this kit is that the support bar hits the rearmost panel so it can not lean far enough back when opened to stay up on it's own. Hugely annoying. I made a prop out of some stainless rod I had on hand. Rubber wrapped the ends so no metal on metal contact and also made it less likely to rattle about depending on where I stashed it when not in use. Works great.

The Dometic CFX 55IM with full cover fits spot on. Has about a 1/4" of room on top and about 3" of play front to back. Unfortunately with the cover on it does not fit on the driver side, only passenger. With no cover I think it would just fit on drivers side, if you have a preference. As many others have mentioned on various forums the components are very well packaged. Everything arrived in perfect condition, extra hardware included in case you lose any bits during install, and Alan the owner is very responsive and helpful. American, family owned company, American made parts, well engineered and excellent customer service. There are cheaper alternatives out there but the quality, fit and finish, support, and modularity make this setup top tier in my opinion.

Pictures for your perusal.

IMG_5473.jpg

IMG_5475.jpg

70509136033__F0C40CDD-FD0F-41B5-B094-501EE38C59FB.jpg

IMG_5477.jpg

IMG_5478.jpg

IMG_5482.jpg

IMG_5485.jpg

IMG_5500.jpg

IMG_5501.jpg
Sponsored

8oncoPete

Raptor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor and 2024 BMW i7 / 2019 BMW X5m
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Fantastic Obiwan and thank you! I have the slipstream as well and I removed from my Badlands and will transfer to my Raptor. It really is a well-built incredible designed unit. It's been out since taking delivery since the top isn't off yet, but as the weather is warming, the top will be coming off for the summer and the slipstream will be reinstalled.

You don't happen to have a shopping list of the new hitch pins and shrink wrap you specifically bought and used do you :) !

OP
OP
Obiwan

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Fantastic Obiwan and thank you! I have the slipstream as well and I removed from my Badlands and will transfer to my Raptor. It really is a well-built incredible designed unit. It's been out since taking delivery since the top isn't off yet, but as the weather is warming, the top will be coming off for the summer and the slipstream will be reinstalled.

You don't happen to have a shopping list of the new hitch pins and shrink wrap you specifically bought and used do you :) !

The heat shrink is 3M fp-301, I had it on hand as I use it often for wiring up engine management systems. I used primarily 1/4", 1/2", and 1" with a 2:1 ratio. Not sure where to pick it up currently as I buy in bulk and it generally lasts me 5 or so years but I imagine it's everywhere online.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/b00019872/

These are the hitch pins I used for the front fold down panel top corners, you can pick them up at Tractor supply or Big-R typically. Add a layer of rubber (technically polyolefin) to suit your desired fit. I used three and it was snug but not impossible to remove or install.

Ford Bronco Diabolical slipstream and cargo slide 2.0 install in Bronco Raptor, with no rattle mod. IMG_5502

Ford Bronco Diabolical slipstream and cargo slide 2.0 install in Bronco Raptor, with no rattle mod. IMG_5503

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve got the same enclosure minus the slide since I already had the American Adventure Labs floor and fridge slide. Your suggestion for the prop rod is awesome. Thanks for that!

So far, the rattles haven’t been bad at all, but will use the heat shrink method if it gets worse.

Great write up!

Shawn_1121

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Damn you fit a cfx 55. thats great to hear. im in the market for a fridge and have been looking at the iceco VL Pro series and the Dometics CFX.how much is there actually left with the cfx 55?
Sponsored