codythepirate

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Heritage Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
So, due to the lack of info that I could find when I searched the Intewebs, even when I stumbled upon this site, I have decided it's worthwhile to share my learned knowledge pertaining to the disassembly and repair after my wife and her BRAND NEW Bronco bumped into a passing doe........ If you want to know how to remove and replace anything from the radiator to the grille and all in between, stick around. I'll be covering it and sharing part #'s to help out where I can.
Sponsored

OP
OP
codythepirate

codythepirate

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Sorry for the delay. I can't seem to get pictures to load when I try and attach them. 🤷‍♂️

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry for the delay. I can't seem to get pictures to load when I try and attach them. 🤷‍♂️
You might need to have a certain number of posts before being able to post pics.

Sponsored
OP
OP
codythepirate

codythepirate

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Apparently I can't attach photos from my phone. I can send the photos from my phone to a memory stick then attach & upload from my computer. Pretty lame and will definitely hinder the number of photos I'll post as it's inconvenient and time consuming. Anyway, Here's a few shots of the damage. Got very lucky as there was no sheet metal damage and the only painting I have to do is the oxford white on the grille.

Last edited:
OP
OP
codythepirate

codythepirate

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Almost $5K in parts alone from the dealership. Probably could've saved a little if I had time to shop around but I wanted all OE parts to go back on so the local dealer parts counter was my quickest bet. Here's the list:
Radiator: MB3Z-8005-A
Condenser: MB3Z-19712-A
Grille shutter assembly (included the rear air deflector, shutter motor, & harness pigtail): M2DZ-16138-C
Air deflector for front of grille shutter assembly: M2DZ-8312-A
Right headlight assembly (without processor): M2DZ-13008-E
Headlight processor: ML3Z-13C788-A
Grille: M2DZ-8200-HBPTM
FORD letters for new grille (since the originals were fastened by the little posts on the back of each letter being melted down flush to the mounting pad of the grille): M2DZ-8A224-CAPTM

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Stupid deer.

After having one nearly kill me on a motorcycle a few years ago, it wouldn't bother me one bit if they were eradicated. Here's to deer hunting! :beer:

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why didn’t this get covered by insurance? Just wondering..

TomH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Almost $5K in parts alone from the dealership. Probably could've saved a little if I had time to shop around but I wanted all OE parts to go back on so the local dealer parts counter was my quickest bet. Here's the list:
Radiator: MB3Z-8005-A
Condenser: MB3Z-19712-A
Grille shutter assembly (included the rear air deflector, shutter motor, & harness pigtail): M2DZ-16138-C
Air deflector for front of grille shutter assembly: M2DZ-8312-A
Right headlight assembly (without processor): M2DZ-13008-E
Headlight processor: ML3Z-13C788-A
Grille: M2DZ-8200-HBPTM
FORD letters for new grille (since the originals were fastened by the little posts on the back of each letter being melted down flush to the mounting pad of the grille): M2DZ-8A224-CAPTM
And people are questioning why auto insurance premiums are rising...

OP
OP
codythepirate

codythepirate

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Stupid deer.

After having one nearly kill me on a motorcycle a few years ago, it wouldn't bother me one bit if they were eradicated. Here's to deer hunting! :beer:
I feel ya. I don't want them eradicated as I am an avid whitetail hunter and we eat deer meat almost everyday, but I sure wish they would learn to use their posted crossing zones for all our sake! HAHAHAHA

OP
OP
codythepirate

codythepirate

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
That capable bumper came out of that without a scratch though!
I was a little shocked but extremely happy that steel bumper (thanks for a REAL bumper by the way FoMoCo) handled it without a ding.
Sponsored