Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently got a fridge slide, a dometic fridge, and a Anker Power Station. My plan is to run the power station to the DC power outlet in the rear of the vehicle, and have the fridge plugged into the power station. My only issue is the fridge/slide/power station sit on the driver side of the vehicle, and the power outlet is on the passenger side of the vehicle. I considered moving the slide and everything to the passenger side, but the fridge gets caught on the tailgate area.

I'm looking to relocate that outlet, or maybe add the Dometic Hardwire Kit so I can have a DC plug on the drivers side. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm a novice when it comes to electrical work and have no idea where I could even tap into power or run the wires.

If anyone has any knowledge they could share I would appreciate it!

51OvYaIE5JL.jpg
Sponsored

tobyw

Wildtrak
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The wiring for the trailer package is tucked behind the driver side interior panel. Maybe you could tap into the trailer charge circuit?

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldn't a 12V socket extension cable be easier?

Ford Bronco DC Power Relocation? 1714510838699-4r

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The rear cargo socket - a lot of people have issues trying to pull long sustained rated power from it. It’s supposedly rated for 20A.

If you are going to keep that stuff long term, if it were me I’d actually run another wire all the way up to the battery. You could throw it on a relay so it only gets power with ACC.