First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 jeep rubicon, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Has anyone purchased the Warn wireless Hub receiver and used the app to control their winch? It says it works with all warn winches and I was just wondering if anyone has gone this route. The ability to control the winch via my phone app has some serious advantages--and I would still have the wired controller for back up. Just trying to verify this works prior to purchasing.
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't have one to verify, but the Ford Performance/Everglades winch is a Zeon 10-S.

Just a peek from a random sales article:

Ford Bronco Control Everglades model winch via bluetooth 1714952053088-46

So it looks like it should work fine. Will just be a matter of plugging it in where the wired controller goes and pairing it to your phone - looks like you don't even have to do anything with the contactor wiring.

OP
OP
rdg04578

rdg04578

Everglades
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 jeep rubicon, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
yeah best I can tell is as long as ford did not change the plug for the control of the warn winch it should work fine. the app is free so for the convenience of not having the run the controller into the cab thinking this is a good option

Last edited:

TerryB

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands Sasquatch, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless Warn/Ford did something weird, the controller you have shoild be wireless. Just disconnect the cable from the controller.
i had the wireless hub receiver on my Jeep and didn’t care for it due to very limited range. worse than the wireless controller, which isn’t great. This was a few years ago and they may have improved the product Since then.

gjptennis

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Subaru Outback, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Unless Warn/Ford did something weird, the controller you have shoild be wireless. Just disconnect the cable from the controller.
i had the wireless hub receiver on my Jeep and didn’t care for it due to very limited range. worse than the wireless controller, which isn’t great. This was a few years ago and they may have improved the product Since then.
This - and my Warn Evo VR remote is a combo of both wired/wireless. range has been fine so far but have only had to use it a few times to extract others.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My only concern about using bluetooth vs the traditional spread spectrum wireless would be range. Bluetooth is pretty limited in range (maybe 30 feet ideally - less if obstacles) where as the traditional wireless controllers have ranges that far exceed the length of your cable. And are more forgiving for interference and obstacles.

On the other hand - traditional wireless is not very responsive. There is a nasty 1-2 second lag after pressing/releasing a button. I’ve not used bluetooth winch apps but I would imagine based on how the technology works it should be instantaneous responsiveness.
Sponsored