Naughty Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badsquatch, 2022 F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I should create a YT channel with my hot-wife soley for the clicks of the leg humpers, and get paid to talk about a few things I like and everything I don't like.

That video was about as biased as you can get.
How much did he get from Bilstein to wear that t-shirt?

Clowns...
Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I should create a YT channel with my hot-wife soley for the clicks of the leg humpers, and get paid to talk about a few things I like and everything I don't like.

That video was about as biased as you can get.
How much did he get from Bilstein to wear that t-shirt?

Clowns...
Im thinking about it!

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think people are greatly exaggerating the handling and drivability differences between the Bronco and the Jeep. I daily drive a JL Rubicon on 37s and have driven it 100k miles in the past 4 years all over the country. It drives great, tracks straight, handles fine. I've test driven 2 Broncos now and was surprised at how little difference there was, and in some cases it drove worse (agility, width).

The Bronco does have about 5-10% tighter steering, and the IFS handles some road unevenness a bit better. But it's not the revelation that forum members are making it out to be. The Bronco I found to be louder, felt way wider, less agile, and the throttle lag made it feel slower than my Jeep with 5.13 gears. So it's not like if you get a Jeep your life is hell on earth unless you are on a 9+ rated trail. Its a much smaller difference than people here want to admit.
My wife has a 2020 JLUR. Stock and we did 6800 miles from louisiana to wyoming and back over three weeks. NONE of us were impressed with the jeep on handling or tracking on the highway and found it laborsome. Full disclosure. Ive daily driven a 5 ton, deuce and a half, 5/4 ton, all the way down to a m38a1. Owned CJā€˜s, cherokees and a lot of cars. I only had about 30 minutes in a bronco as a test drive but drove the jeep to and from the test drive. I cant imagine its worse. Or even the same.

point is its all relative.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
This site is beyond ridiculous. Guys saying things like "the hard top is junk", then accuse you of being a blue oval fan boy if you dare disagree, or even say you like your Bronco. I for one have not owned a Ford since a 92 Ranger, have owned only Toyota and Mazda since 2004. Never considered a Ford until Bronco caught my eye. Definitely not a fan boy, but the amount of hate on this site is crazy. I didn't want a soft top, but after 6 months I'm enjoying this top. It works great, keeps the rain out and the sun rider position is awesome. I passed a soft top jeep the other day running sun rider, and its top was bouncing around. Mine wasn't bouncing at all. I was planning on getting a hard top as soon as they are available, now I will wait a few years. If you really want soft touch interior, get a Lexus or minivan, I don't want that in my Bronco, nor do I want automatic climate control (horrible!), adaptive cruise or other nonsense. It should come on a $50K car you say? Really? Bronco is a Bronco, don't like it get something else. Pretty simple really.

Last edited:

WilPower

Badlands
First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4dr 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember when they bought the Bronco and started making videos for it I was so happy because of what they've done for Jeep. They said it was always gonna be a desert racer build instead of a rock crawler. I'm disappointed they made this comparison video because it seems just like an easy money grab for YT views. Of course the Wrangler is a better rock crawler and some build materials are more refined as it's not a launch vehicle. A stock Bronco encroaches on beating a stock Wrangler off-road in many aspects and beats the Wrangler on-road in all aspects.
Yep and if it were a youtube channel for Baja racing, the Wrangler would have had zero chance compared to the Bronco. Their comparison was for a rock-crawling machine after putting in 20k+ in upgrades. A stock Badlands will go anywhere a stock Rubicon will.

Sponsored

Mocopo

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 4dr Badsquatch. 22 JLUR-XR.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A stock Badlands will go anywhere a stock Rubicon will.
I would go as far as saying it would go further, until Jeep came out with the XR package. If The Bronco is nowhere near as capable as the Jeep, then why are they being forced to answer back on everything Ford does with the Bronco? Sasquatch package? Crap, lets make a 35" tire package too. Everglades trim? Crap, lets make a snorkel available on the Rubi trim from factory. The competition is already paying off immensely!

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Opinion is not important, but I can't understand why they continue comparing one with the other, so one might be more capable than the other, but remember Jeep has been around a lot longer than the other. Give Bronco a few years and it will be better, BTW it can Rock Crowl, it goes like a bat out hell as a dessert runner, etc. it can do it all and with a little patience, you might not break tie rods, or just carry spare ones.
I'm getting my WT on the first week of Sept 22, and I'm freaking looking forward, once I break in 1000 miles, I will be out in Johnson valley, Colorado, Moab and whatever other place it will take me, that's the beauty of being retire.... Peace

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think people are greatly exaggerating the handling and drivability differences between the Bronco and the Jeep. I daily drive a JL Rubicon on 37s and have driven it 100k miles in the past 4 years all over the country. It drives great, tracks straight, handles fine. I've test driven 2 Broncos now and was surprised at how little difference there was, and in some cases it drove worse (agility, width).

The Bronco does have about 5-10% tighter steering, and the IFS handles some road unevenness a bit better. But it's not the revelation that forum members are making it out to be. The Bronco I found to be louder, felt way wider, less agile, and the throttle lag made it feel slower than my Jeep with 5.13 gears. So it's not like if you get a Jeep your life is hell on earth unless you are on a 9+ rated trail. Its a much smaller difference than people here want to admit.
You are definitely biased. Of course you aren't going to notice much difference, you didn't want to obviously. I have relatives with Jeeps and have driven plenty, the difference is considerable. There is a reason almost all reviews think so too, and they aren't all Ford fan boys. I test drove a Jeep a few years ago with the intent to purchase, but changed my mind because of the ride and steering compromise. Guess I'm not off road material, is what I chalked it up to. When I drove my Bronco home (never did test drive), it was like wow this thing drives and steers better than my Mazda sedan. The Bronco is wider and bigger so maybe there is something there, but it sure is tossable around town and in parking lots. My 5'2" wife is comfortable driving it. I don't hate jeeps at all, I think they are super cool and have more off road creed than Bronco, but on road handling and steering belongs solidly on the Bronco side for sure.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
As far as the creature comforts (cup holders, sturdiness of grab handles, A/C in the rear) sure I can agree with them on many of those points.

From a rock crawling standpoint, I've been saying from the beginning, having taken the Bronco on trails rated 7, it can EASILY keep up with a Jeep to that point. Beyond that, you aren't seeing any stock vehicles anyway, so may the more modded vehicle win!

I watched the video hoping for an honest review, but I gave up when they mentioned they hadn't driven their Bronco as hard as their wrangler when it was stock (which is clear in their videos anyway). How can you stack two vehicles against each other if you don't push them both equally?
Overall the extra spaciousness of the Bronco is more comfortable in my opinion, especially in the back seat. The grab handles in the rear and the side ones on the dash are certainly sturdy, not the one in the center which is kind of useless anyway. I don't have one in my Base, and would remove it if I had another model.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This site is beyond ridiculous. Guys saying things like "the hard top is junk", then accuse you of being a blue oval fan boy if you dare disagree, or even say you like your Bronco. I for one have not owned a Ford since a 92 Ranger, have owned only Toyota and Mazda since 2004. Never considered a Ford until Bronco caught my eye. Definitely not a fan boy, but the amount of hate on this site is crazy. I didn't want a soft top, but after 6 months I'm enjoying this top. It works great, keeps the rain out and the sun rider position is awesome. I passed a soft top jeep the other day running sun rider, and its top was bouncing around. Mine wasn't bouncing at all. I was planning on getting a hard top as soon as they are available, now I will wait a few years. If you really want soft touch interior, get a Lexus or minivan, I don't want that in my Bronco, nor do I want automatic climate control (horrible!), adaptive cruise or other nonsense. It should come on a $50K car you say? Really? Bronco is a Bronco, don't like it get something else. Pretty simple really.
Not sure what you mean- from what I gather from this forum, MOST members who have received the bronco love it. Then you have subgroups from that- the ā€œdiehardsā€ who will defend every mentioned issue with ā€œdonā€™t buy one thenā€ or ā€œitā€™s an off-road vehicle not a mini vanā€ (although I donā€™t think the outer banks trim is marketed as an off road machine). Theyā€™ve excused Ford for every issue (MIC top, 2.7 valve bad batch, windshield recall, etc) and just cannot fathom a buyer having a less than 100% stellar opinion of EVERY part of the bronco.
Then there are those of us who love their Bronco and enjoy it immensely but are open minded to point out issues or flaws in hopes that they get noticed and addressed by Ford and improve future bronco production. They are commonly berated by the die hards for having the gumption to point out anything negative or annoying about the bronco or Ford. Again, see MIC 1.0, 2.7 issues, etc.
Iā€™m sure there are a few haters on here, but they are overwhelmingly outnumbered by those who love the bronco. Itā€™s a tremendous vehicle but itā€™s not perfect. In any case, this is a forum and open discussion should be encouraged, not thwarted by either the diehards or the haters.

Sponsored

Mocopo

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 4dr Badsquatch. 22 JLUR-XR.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Overall the extra spaciousness of the Bronco is more comfortable in my opinion, especially in the back seat. The grab handles in the rear and the side ones on the dash are certainly sturdy, not the one in the center which is kind of useless anyway. I don't have one in my Base, and would remove it if I had another model.
For me, a lot of those smaller complaints like the grab handles are just secondary to what I actually bought mine and use it for, which is the off road capability. There's nit picky things like that with the Wrangler as well (also an owner here). IMO, what you brought up about spaciousness is a bigger point of comparison. Things that the aftermarket won't be able to fix, or help close the gap.

56huck

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I subscribe to LiteBrite on YouTube and generally enjoy their content
I owned a lifted Rubicon for 7-years and 100k miles. Iā€™ve owned my Bronco, Badlands, Sas, lux since the end of January and 14k miles.
in my opinion, the Bronco is better than the Jeep in every measure with the possible exception of hard rock crawling (9 or 10 rated trails). So far my Bronco has matched or exceeded my Modified Rubicon on every trail, but the highest rated trail Iā€™ve done so far is a 6
I thought their comparison was pretty accurate on the Bronco but failed to point out many similar deficiencies with the Jeep (like the plastic linkage in the t-case that easily breaks and can leave you as stranded as the rare occurrence of the electronic Bronco T-case shifter). A lot their complaints about the Bronco were speculative (it might break someday) or preference

kre62

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You are definitely biased. Of course you aren't going to notice much difference, you didn't want to obviously. I have relatives with Jeeps and have driven plenty, the difference is considerable. There is a reason almost all reviews think so too, and they aren't all Ford fan boys. I test drove a Jeep a few years ago with the intent to purchase, but changed my mind because of the ride and steering compromise. Guess I'm not off road material, is what I chalked it up to. When I drove my Bronco home (never did test drive), it was like wow this thing drives and steers better than my Mazda sedan. The Bronco is wider and bigger so maybe there is something there, but it sure is tossable around town and in parking lots. My 5'2" wife is comfortable driving it. I don't hate jeeps at all, I think they are super cool and have more off road creed than Bronco, but on road handling and steering belongs solidly on the Bronco side for sure.

Hey agree to disagree. I'm not saying there isn't a difference, there is, it's just that if you gave the prevailing sentiment full weight, you'd think the jeep is impossible to drive, even with the wheel turned 180 degrees it wont go straight, all over the road, death machine, and the Bronco practically drives itself, the most comfortable vehicle on planet earth.

My comment is that, with that perception in mind, I didn't find there to be a big difference. Like I said, 5-10% max between the two. Jeep was fine on the road. Bronco was a bit better. 4runner, defender, full size trucks all absolutely annihilate both the Jeep and Bronco on the road. I'd group the Jeep and Bronco together in terms of drivability.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500. 2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think they summed it up pretty fairly. I would consider myself an off-roader ā€œliteā€ version. Definitely didnā€™t want a Subaru and have no interest in off-roading just for the sake of doing a challenging trail. Got the Bronco to get me where I want to go, away from people, to some beautiful scenery for solitude, and safely.

That being said I canā€™t speak to the Broncos ability or inability to handle tougher trails or rock crawling as Iā€™m sure many of you can.
I agree, the bronco will be just fine for me and what i plan to do with it which is not serious any serious rock crawling. Plus i love the off road technology that comes with the bronco. Also the jeep has been around for years and has thousands of aftermarket parts to make it more capable and I'm sure the bronco will too in a few more years.

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I subscribe to LiteBrite on YouTube and generally enjoy their content
I owned a lifted Rubicon for 7-years and 100k miles. Iā€™ve owned my Bronco, Badlands, Sas, lux since the end of January and 14k miles.
in my opinion, the Bronco is better than the Jeep in every measure with the possible exception of hard rock crawling (9 or 10 rated trails). So far my Bronco has matched or exceeded my Modified Rubicon on every trail, but the highest rated trail Iā€™ve done so far is a 6
I thought their comparison was pretty accurate on the Bronco but failed to point out many similar deficiencies with the Jeep (like the plastic linkage in the t-case that easily breaks and can leave you as stranded as the rare occurrence of the electronic Bronco T-case shifter). A lot their complaints about the Bronco were speculative (it might break someday) or preference
I posted a similar comment on their YT channel. I have been wheeling my MY21 4dr Badlands SAS and also feel strongly that it's better in almost every measure compared to the Jeep.

With regards to serious rock crawling, it's only a matter of time until aftermarket companies begin offering long travel kits and improved components (i.e. steering, differential, transfer case) for the Bronco to level out the playing field. If you have doubts just take a look at Ultra4 racing to see where the IFS rigs stack up in the field.

I've been following their channel from the beginning and have seen the progression of their build to what it is today. It's possible that they've forgotten about their past issues with their 1st and 2nd (replacement) Rubicon but that doesn't mean that they didn't have problems along the way.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.