Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

First, Gen 1 gauge clusters totally sucked, nicely labeled gauges totally unusable while underway.

And since they did this for the Mustang, there is hope. Give us a digital dial tach to the right. Digital speedo center with no bar graph surrounded by four digital dial gages of our choosing.
Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They tried, by putting the speedo on the left side, just like it was to the left of the column in the 1st gen.

Except they then gave us a digital one right next to it, which pretty much means nobody ever looks at the analog one, myself included.
I don’t even like digital watches, but I’ve been s
It would be great for the Raptor folk that have the full digital screen. Us lesser crowd have an analog speedo and the rest is digital, so that would give us side by side speedo's which would really work up the crowd here!

qrzlshgwgs491.jpg
yea, half the work is done. Rework the digital side to look like the mustang dash, and I might be happy.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don’t even like digital watches, but the digital speedometer has wiggled its way into my brain. Drove the wife’s Expy the other day, and the analog speedometer threw me off a little. Made me hate digital cluster even more.

Daniela at 3W Auto Life

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Gloria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That seems like a trending, not just on Broncos, not just on car panels......

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
BTW, I always assumed the speedo was on the left because it was cheaper to have a single digital panel rather than have an analog gauge in the middle that would necessitate two separate panels on either side.
LCDs are cheap. I'm glad they didn't go with 'twin LCDs flanking analog' because that's what 90% of Fords looked like through the 2010s

Ford Bronco Classic Bronco instrument cluster Untitled

But what we got wasn't much better.
An analog speedometer with a TINY needle and 20mph increments, so you can't quickly determine your speed at a glance. A little easter-egg of a locking hub design, but you really can't see it unless the roof is off and the sun directly behind you.

Awkward off-center LCD with graphics that remind you of early 2000s -- a time when electronics in vehicles were of questionable quality.
Hardware that can't quite handle the animations, resulting in every action looking like a PowerPoint presentation on an old Thinkpad.
Terrible use of screen real estate. Huge speedometer, weird X.X tachometer, and the laziest vehicle-status I've ever seen.

Why is it top-down? Everybody else, including the rest of the Ford lineup, has switched to a perspective rear view.
Why are the lane marking indicators curved?
Why is the following distance indicator a clunky rectangle that makes it obvious the headlight graphic isn't symmetrical?
WHY DOES THE HEADLIGHT GRAPHIC RANDOMLY CHANGE BRIGHTNESS? It's not related to the auto-highbeams in any way.

As much as I hate my 2022 Silverado, Chevy at least gave it a full LCD, extremely customizable, and enough hardware to actually provide smooth animations. Too bad that was the only part of the truck they actually tried on.
Sponsored

Last edited: