First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look at this 60th anniversary Mustang instrument cluster (all digital) that Ford is providing to Mustang owners (for free!) as an over-the-air update:
Ford Bronco Classic Bronco instrument cluster tempImagerAonX0

Wouldn't it be awesome if Ford offered something like that for us Bronco people?
Ford Bronco Classic Bronco instrument cluster 1966 Bronco Neg 146009-126

Of course, some of the accessory gauges would need to go on the side, not much different than as it is now, but blackout the whole background and do this retro treatment and I might even be willing to pay a reasonable amount for it. (But free would be nice!)
Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They tried, by putting the speedo on the left side, just like it was to the left of the column in the 1st gen.

Except they then gave us a digital one right next to it, which pretty much means nobody ever looks at the analog one, myself included.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, I would love to be able to have my dash screen upgraded to this. As it stands right now, I find the dash display pretty much useless for daily driving. This Mustang upgrade makes the dash very useful for what I like to see displayed, and it looks great!

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It would be great for the Raptor folk that have the full digital screen. Us lesser crowd have an analog speedo and the rest is digital, so that would give us side by side speedo's which would really work up the crowd here!

Ford Bronco Classic Bronco instrument cluster qrzlshgwgs491

OP
OP
timhood

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They tried, by putting the speedo on the left side, just like it was to the left of the column in the 1st gen.

Except they then gave us a digital one right next to it, which pretty much means nobody ever looks at the analog one, myself included.
The digital speedo instead of a digital "analog" tach befuddles me. When Ford knew we were no longer going to get the premium instrument panel, why didn't they just create a useful analog-style tach where the digital speedo is?

BTW, I always assumed the speedo was on the left because it was cheaper to have a single digital panel rather than have an analog gauge in the middle that would necessitate two separate panels on either side.

Sponsored
OP
OP
timhood

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be great for the Raptor folk that have the full digital screen. Us lesser crowd have an analog speedo and the rest is digital, so that would give us side by side speedo's which would really work up the crowd here!

In theory, Ford could offer a full-digital drop-in upgrade kit with a software update. Sure, it would probably be too expensive and the take rate wouldn't justify the effort, but a guy can dream. :LOL:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

In theory, Ford could offer a full-digital drop-in upgrade kit with a software update. Sure, it would probably be too expensive and the take rate wouldn't justify the effort, but a guy can dream. :LOL:
IIRC, there's a few here that have retrofitted the Raptor IP, not sure how difficult but doubt Ford would do a kit for us. I posted about the 60th Anniversary Mustang in the Heritage thread ... maybe Ford will give us this option if they do a 60th anniversary Bronco!

OP
OP
timhood

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IIRC, there's a few here that have retrofitted the Raptor IP, not sure how difficult but doubt Ford would do a kit for us. I posted about the 60th Anniversary Mustang in the Heritage thread ... maybe Ford will give us this option if they do a 60th anniversary Bronco!
I had seen at least one thread where someone was in the process of Frankensteining a Raptor IP into a regular Bronco. I recall the part price was pretty steep, but the unknown of what would actually work, plus I think there were some Raptor-to-non-Raptor translation oddities IIRC. That would be the software part of the hoped-for kit. If we'd gotten the full upgraded IP as originally planned, then this retro display would have been easy--just an OTA update that magically appears. :)

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m ok with digital speed; easier to read, but an analog tach is better for my brain to recognize. Even after over a year, not used to it when off-roading in manual mode.

The Braptor set up is ideal. I do like my “gauges” stack to the right though, so I can monitor the battery and trans temp.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look at this 60th anniversary Mustang instrument cluster (all digital) that Ford is providing to Mustang owners (for free!) as an over-the-air update:

Wouldn't it be awesome if Ford offered something like that for us Bronco people?

Of course, some of the accessory gauges would need to go on the side, not much different than as it is now, but blackout the whole background and do this retro treatment and I might even be willing to pay a reasonable amount for it. (But free would be nice!)
Yeah Furd!!!
Where it at?!?
Stoopid-ass injuneer specs a digital tach...nobody in their right mind ever wanted a stoopid-ass digital tac.
And double honking when shutting the door?!?
WhoTF comes up with this shit?!?

Sponsored

malpais

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some old Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The analog gauge is such a waste of space. Driving with my left hand on the top of the wheel blocks it from my view anyway.

I just can’t understand what thinking was putting both a digital and analog one

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Analog one is behind my left hand. I honestly forget it exists for weeks at at time.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just can’t understand what thinking was putting both a digital and analog one
The instrument panel designer called in sick that day. So, they had the two women who designed the interiors do the gauge cluster. The Gen X one added the analog speedo. The Millennial one added the digital stuff. Neither was familiar with oil pressure gauges.

OP
OP
timhood

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford needs to put the Raptor digital dash on all or at least on the high/lux and offer a install kit for the rest of us
At one point, there was supposed to be a "High Level Instrument Panel." I can't recall if it was to come with Badlands and higher trims or the Lux package, but I do remember seeing that in the build and price and wondering exactly what that meant.

An early rendering of the IP suggests designers were thinking of a full digital instrument panel with a classic-looking analog style speedometer:
Ford Bronco Classic Bronco instrument cluster FordBronco_IP_Sketch
Sponsored