Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello All - I have an issue with Apple CarPlay. About 1 in every 10 times I turn on my bronco, CarPlay will connect like usual and begin playing but there won't be any sound. The volume will be up and the song on Spotify or podcast will be playing and you can see the time left changing. But there will be no sound regardless of volume level. Switching apps has the same result.

The only solution I've found is to put the bronco back in park, shut it off, open and close my door, and then restart the bronco. Carplay always works like normal after that.

Does anyone else experience this? It's just a nagging problem but I'd love to solve it if possible!
Sponsored

JoeD

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same problem. Sometimes just closing the spotify app and reopening Spotify will fix it. Some times I disconnect CarPlay by turning off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi for a moment and the turning them right back on and letting CarPlay reconnect. My symptoms are just like yours though. I have been wondering if Apple Music was conflicting with Spotify and basically kicking it to the backgroun.d. But the track is still playing because you can see it progressing.

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I also have had this issue. I had to turn carplay off on my iphone then back on.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I discovered that while we were traveling, my wife's phone was connected on carplay with google maps on here phone. She turned the volume down while the Google voice was giving directional guidance (she turned it down all the way) then the volume for music would not work weather it was FM radio or music from her phone. We had to time everything right whenever the Google voice was going to give voice directions again and turn her phone volume back up. I know it is weird but it restored the volume control back the vehicle volume control.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The only solution I've found is to put the bronco back in park, shut it off, open and close my door, and then restart the bronco. Carplay always works like normal after that.
Not that this fixes the problem of no volume, but you can "reboot" Sync without having to shut down the vehicle. Hold the Radio Power + Fast Forward buttons together for about 10 seconds, it will reboot just the entertainment system and reconnect to your phone.

Carplay has similar wonky issues for me - I mostly think it's Apple-related for my issues (not that I think Sync is error-free). Occasionally my Spotify app on Carplay won't actually do anything, it gets "stuck" until I force quit it on the phone and re-launch it. I can't get notification sounds to play while in Carplay (they play just fine if I'm just on Sync). And the phone volume is always stuck at 18, I have to turn it up each and every time I get a phone call.

Sponsored

malpais

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some old Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also have this problem. A disconnect/reconnect of the phone to car play fixes it. But it is rather annoying

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Double check that your iPhone is sending audio to "CarPlay" vs the iPhone speakers.

Bronco luv

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Hello All - I have an issue with Apple CarPlay. About 1 in every 10 times I turn on my bronco, CarPlay will connect like usual and begin playing but there won't be any sound. The volume will be up and the song on Spotify or podcast will be playing and you can see the time left changing. But there will be no sound regardless of volume level. Switching apps has the same result.

Does anyone else experience this? It's just a nagging problem but I'd love to solve it if possible!
Check your volume on your phone. I noticed mine was down and when I turned it up, it worked.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have similar issues with Carplay and Spotify. New one for me today, was everything worked fine, except my sub wasn’t working. Stopped, shut vehicle off, let it sit for a bit then restarted the Bronco. Everything worked fine after that. Just weird.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

yeah mine does it also
i turn off wait mins turn back on .lol
at times its just right side volume

Sponsored

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You guys aren't that special. Happens with Android Auto as well.

Seems lately I just reset the radio and move along. I doubt Ford is ever going to completely fix these issues with the phones and Sync4 playing nice.

LewyOnMars

Wildtrak
First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco WildTrak, FJ Trail Teams
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Happens to me with android auto too.

And the issue is it's hard to know what is Ford's problem and what is Google or Apple's problem.

I'll have issues where when I first call someone in the vehicle I'll sometimes have to switch it to the phone's speaker and back in order to actually hear them.

I've got another issue that just started in the last week or so.. sometimes when I put it in reverse there's a burst of static. Can also happen randomly when driving... if I'm talking to someone at the time, the conversation goes all garbled and I have to hang up and call them back.

Another fun issue is when the android auto screens stop responding to touch.. I have to hit the button in the ford part of the screen that un-maximizes android auto, and then put it back in order to be able to touch the android stuff again.

Oh and then there are the random blank or partially blank screens.. I swear that didn't start until I put OnXOffRoad on my phone... but it's probably totally unrelated.

Feel like I need to keep a better eye on what's updating when so I can at least properly assign blame on these issues :)

Anyway, 90% of the time it works 100% of the time ;)
Sponsored