First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had to trouble getting a solid answer from the salesman I’ve been dealing with the last 2 weeks.
I’ve asked when i would bet getting a confirmation order Email from FORD. ?
his response has been “I’m not sure, maybe days…weeks..months.. not sure”

but I see that people have started already getting their order confirmation emails from FORD today. 3/37

im thinking of trying to place another order at another local dealership in town (Las Vegas).

my question…
WOULD this two order attempt void or cause any issues with the original or new order ?? ??????

My fear is that the Ford system detects my name in each order and possibly kicks me off for having two orders in lined up.
at face value, I admit it would look like to FORD like I’m trying to buy multiple Broncos to flip for a profit.
In reality, since I’m not getting the feedback i would like from salesman,…
I like to try and give myself the best chance to receive my order this year. 2023
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My money says Ford corporate will simply see this as two unrelated orders from two different dealers.... UNTIL ... it is time for delivery... then they want to see that the Bronco was sold to the person that ordered it.

With the name match policy, it may be very likely that the dealers will want a NON-refundable deposit at some time because they can possibly be penalized for selling a Bronco to a name that did not match the original order.

Since you KNOW that you are going to walk away from one of those orders, and you are not the first person to do this, you can see how they want to safeguard themselves from that situation.

That was sort of my intent with my second Granger reservation a LONG time ago, but with current price protections, it might be hard for me to walk away from approx $2000 below 2021 invoice pricing. That's like $8k in savings in 2023 bucks.
That kind of deal probably won't happen for a pretty long time ...unless the economy fails hard core again.

OP
OP
BroncoVegas19

BroncoVegas19

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My money says Ford corporate will simply see this as two unrelated orders from two different dealers.... UNTIL ... it is time for delivery... then they want to see that the Bronco was sold to the person that ordered it.

With the name match policy, it may be very likely that the dealers will want a NON-refundable deposit at some time because they can possibly be penalized for selling a Bronco to a name that did not match the original order.

Since you KNOW that you are going to walk away from one of those orders, and you are not the first person to do this, you can see how they want to safeguard themselves from that situation.

That was sort of my intent with my second Granger reservation a LONG time ago, but with current price protections, it might be hard for me to walk away from approx $2000 below 2021 invoice pricing. That's like $8k in savings in 2023 bucks.
That kind of deal probably won't happen for a pretty long time ...unless the economy fails hard core again.
Yes, that makes sense.

I’ve already paid a deposit at the first dealsership today.
I’m was told verbally that it was 100% refundable at any time. even on day of delivery.
but you bring up a good point about the dealership safeguarding themselves. so i will reach out and ask for something in writing about the refund.

I figured the chances of getting two orders build at the same time were very unlikely, so i would just pull out of one order as soon as the other was being build.

with the points you bring up, ilmake sure to do a little extra research.
ill just have to dig a little more into what my options would be.

Thank you for your response

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as a confirmation email or something, when I placed my order, they were able to get the DORA almost immediately, but he had said sometimes it takes a day or 2.
DORA ... Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement ....

Ford is Acknowledging (confirming) to the dealer that they have received the order.

Tell them you'd like a copy of the DORA, then you don't need to worry about an email.
Waiting on an email.... some folks never received one, and then one day the dealer called..."Hey, your Bronco is here! Come get it."

We actually hand wrote all the pricing/sales taxes/fees/ DOWN PAYMENT/ etc etc with an "out the door" price as the grand total.

NOT A LAWYER ... so ....

If you are getting a good price, having a down payment goes a LONG way to improving your legal standing if they were to try to play fuck fuck games with you.
Pay no attention to those blowhards going on about having zero down.

The exchange of funds shows a mutual approval of the contract at that point in time.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will look like this... NOT MINE... random image search....
Ford Bronco Can i order from two different dealers? 1679984252918

OP
OP
BroncoVegas19

BroncoVegas19

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As far as a confirmation email or something, when I placed my order, they were able to get the DORA almost immediately, but he had said sometimes it takes a day or 2.
DORA ... Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement ....

Ford is Acknowledging (confirming) to the dealer that they have received the order.

Tell them you'd like a copy of the DORA, then you don't need to worry about an email.
Waiting on an email.... some folks never received one, and then one day the dealer called..."Hey, your Bronco is here! Come get it."

We actually hand wrote all the pricing/sales taxes/fees/ DOWN PAYMENT/ etc etc with an "out the door" price as the grand total.

NOT A LAWYER ... so ....

If you are getting a good price, having a down payment goes a LONG way to improving your legal standing if they were to try to play fuck fuck games with you.
Pay no attention to those blowhards going on about having zero down.

The exchange of funds shows a mutual approval of the contract at that point in time.
Thank you.
This is exactly the info I needed.
Thank you for taking the time to break it all down the way you did.

Very appreciate it
Sponsored