David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How many miles were on the Goodyear tires?

I'm assuming these are the originals. I bought my '22 used. The rears were down to 6/32 but the front 2 were still at 10/32 depth.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

my car exhaust is 105db, bronco is quiet no matter what I put on it.

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I saw that the K03’s are out and I wonder if they are better. I have been planning to replace my stock rims and tires with K02’s and Icon Rebound Pro’s when the stock tires wear out.

I saw someone went with 285 70/r17’s without lifting and not removing the crash bars.
I have read in other forums, from folks who have the KO3's, that there is noticeable noise reduction, and much improved wet traction.

Reactions: Cat

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can anyone confirm if the KO3s are out? Previously they only had them on their site as OEM for one of the chevy trucks and maybe the ranger raptor. I can now only find the KO2 on their site. I was planning to hold out for them since I'll probably replace my KO2s in another year or so.

OP
OP
WildtrakBronco

WildtrakBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can anyone confirm if the KO3s are out? Previously they only had them on their site as OEM for one of the chevy trucks and maybe the ranger raptor. I can now only find the KO2 on their site. I was planning to hold out for them since I'll probably replace my KO2s in another year or so.
I've only been able to find certain OEM sizes for Chevy and the Raptor so far. Haven't seen a widespread release of them.

I have read in other forums, from folks who have the KO3's, that there is noticeable noise reduction, and much improved wet traction.
can you confirm their overall availability?

Sponsored

Big Rig

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is about as "sciency" as I got with this, but I knew there was going to be a significant difference. I didn't like the hum of the Goodyears from day one and today I got around to getting new BFG KO2 tires installed. Before removing the OEM tires, I took a db reading at highway speed using an app on my iPhone. No radio on or anything else. The max on the meter represents what was recorded inside. It was a constant 81db hum going down the highway at 65-70mph.

After the swap, same test only now running the BFG tires, and it is a HUGE difference to my ears. Down to a 73-74db while driving. Will be interesting to see if these BFG get louder as they wear. I had a set of Wilkpeaks that did that to me after about 15k miles.

Also, for reference I have a 4-door Wildtrak with hardtop and OEM sound deadening headliner installed.

IMG_3374.PNG
Thank you for doing this!

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is about as "sciency" as I got with this, but I knew there was going to be a significant difference. I didn't like the hum of the Goodyears from day one and today I got around to getting new BFG KO2 tires installed. Before removing the OEM tires, I took a db reading at highway speed using an app on my iPhone. No radio on or anything else. The max on the meter represents what was recorded inside. It was a constant 81db hum going down the highway at 65-70mph.

After the swap, same test only now running the BFG tires, and it is a HUGE difference to my ears. Down to a 73-74db while driving. Will be interesting to see if these BFG get louder as they wear. I had a set of Wilkpeaks that did that to me after about 15k miles.

Also, for reference I have a 4-door Wildtrak with hardtop and OEM sound deadening headliner installed.

IMG_3374.PNG
Crank up the tunes or earplugs?
And tire noise increases as tires wear.
If you're running aggressive tread it's gonna be loud. Live with it or run street tires.
You can't have it all.
Paul in AZ

OP
OP
WildtrakBronco

WildtrakBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hard to believe that tire noise is a concern . If your wanting aggressive tires....they will be noisy. . Its simple
Paul in AZ

Good thing you're here to save us all with this wisdom. :rolleyes: It never fails though, every forum for the last 25 years has people shitting on others for sharing knowledge and information. I'm so glad you stopped by.

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW z3, Nisan rogue, joint-custody of Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I saw that the K03’s are out and I wonder if they are better. I have been planning to replace my stock rims and tires with K02’s and Icon Rebound Pro’s when the stock tires wear out.

I saw someone went with 285 70/r17’s without lifting and not removing the crash bars.
I run KO2 285/65R17 with no lift and crash bars still in. No rub and room for mudflaps. (Offset of the wheel makes a difference — I'm on Method 703s +35.) The 285/65s are taller (34ish) and narrower than the 285/70R17 (33ish). Been super happy with them, and they do great in snow, which is why I opted for the tall and narrow. I 'm sure there was some difference in noise, but I can't recall it being noticeable between these and the 255/70R18 Bridgestone Duelers that came stock on my OBX.

Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Were you on the same stretch of road for both tests? Different road services make a dramatic difference.

Alanp970

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4 Door Base Sasquatch Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rotate your tires at every oil change or 5,000 miles. Even those super quiet KO2’s will get loud quickly if you don’t. My last KO2’s got noticeably louder if I went past about 7-8,000 miles and once they get noisy it’s hard to get ‘em to quiet down. KO3’s look a bit less aggressive than KO2’s so I bet they’re quieter…..just wondering how they’ll perform off-road

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

IMG_3374.PNG
I had the same result. I’m a white letter tire guy so I had to go with the load range E version, but they are still much quieter and the ride was no more harsh than the Goodyears when I have them aired down to 35 psi. Also, I use these tires on my heavy duty trucks and they wear evenly and I get between 65,000 and 80,000 miles on a set. I think you’ll be pleased.

Big Rig

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hard to believe that tire noise is a concern . If your wanting aggressive tires....they will be noisy. . Its simple
Paul in AZ
No complaints here. I appreciate the thoughtfulness and effort that OP did to analyze. Anyone that is willing to do the research and post is a good guy in my book. Thanks again OP!!!
Good thing you're here to save us all with this wisdom. :rolleyes: It never fails though, every forum for the last 25 years has people shitting on others for sharing knowledge and information. I'm so glad you stopped by.
Love you man!