Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those who want to see a bit more about the kit...

The kit isn't perfect, and mine had some minor quality issues. But for the price point I think it's definitely solid.

Obviously I haven't had the tools for long, but just based on initial impressions... they're not as good as Snap-on tools (wouldn't expect them to be) or even Gearwrench tools. But they do seem to be a step up or at least on-par with the store brands like Kobalt or Husky. In many ways, hard to rate, as some of the tools—like the ratchets—are above average and seem to punch above their weight. While some of the others tools are little more "meh".

The only real downside is the missing tools. Some of the missing tools are not a big deal, but the missing Torx Plus sockets is rather frustrating. So hopefully the Motley guys come out with add-on packs (or even a stand-alone Torx Plus pack) in the future.

Overall I think they're in-line with the price point once you take into account the fact that they are Ford branded/licensed. I don't know if they're quite worth the full $350, especially since you'll have to spend a little more money to buy up the missing tools. But with the seemingly endless coupon codes on Ford Accessories and FordPass points, isn't hard to get it for a little less than that. Good stuff. (y)

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only real downside is the missing tools. Some of the missing tools are not a big deal, but the missing Torx Plus sockets is rather frustrating. So hopefully the Motley guys come out with add-on packs (or even a stand-alone Torx Plus pack) in the future.
I don't understand why they're missing Torx Plus sockets. And why did Ford allow that to happen? After all, Ford is licensing the Bronco emblem on these tools. To me that's a major short coming. Did anyone at Ford other than the marketing department review these?

I don't think there are any regular torx screws on a Bronco. Same with the tamper proof star key set and hex keys. I'm not sure there are needed for a Bronco. Maybe someone can comment?

I think the hex keys, tamperproof keys, gap gauge, cable ties, wire, electrical tape and snap off knife were included as a cheap way to run up the tool count.

Having said all that. I'm still thinking about getting this kit. As others have noted, it is a good beginning. I'd do some swapping out and adding. A dead blow hammer would be at the top of the list. I'd replace the electrical tape with Scotch Super 33+ or Super 88. I'd add some longer tie wraps. And the list goes on...

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Motley Industries has a sale right now. With the discount code it's $52.50 off.

Code: MOTLEY15

OP
OP
jorgem31

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Me too, but they did charge my credit card last week🙃
They charged my card like 5-6 times but never fully processed the charges so it didn't hit. But still no ETA on getting the tools.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't understand why they're missing Torx Plus sockets. And why did Ford allow that to happen? After all, Ford is licensing the Bronco emblem on these tools. To me that's a major short coming. Did anyone at Ford other than the marketing department review these?

I don't think there are any regular torx screws on a Bronco. Same with the tamper proof star key set and hex keys. I'm not sure there are needed for a Bronco. Maybe someone can comment?
There are some "normal" Torx on the interior brackets/electronics. Not something you would ever need out on the trail, but they're there. I haven't seen a single security/tamper-proof Torx yet, but since security Torx can be used on regular Torx bolts it's not a huge deal, and may actually be beneficial if you want to use this toolkit for other stuff.

The Torx Plus though... yeah... I don't understand. From what @Greg_L said earlier, this kit has been in the works since prior to the Bronco entering mass production. And it sounds like they may have gotten some bad info early on from either the prototype they were working with or Ford itself.

To give them the benefit of the doubt... some of these Torx Plus bolts are in places most people definitely would never be. The TP-45 socket I used, for example, was behind the trim panels on the seatbelt hardware itself that I encountered it while upgrading my audio system. TP-20 was on some screw holding a bracket. And honestly... it may have actually been a T-20 bolt. I've noticed on smaller Torx sizes they're almost identical and can usually be used interchangeably. I've learned to always go for the Torx Plus tools first on the Bronco, but yeah—it may have actually been T-20. EDIT: I just checked and they are actually probably T-25 bolts, not TP-20.

But, the exterior accessory point on the Bronco's exterior. Eh... like I said in the video, just can't quite justify that. Hard to know who is at fault there... but I'll admit it is somewhat frustrating.

Last edited:

Greg_L

Raptor
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor 2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

I think the hex keys, tamperproof keys, gap gauge, cable ties, wire, electrical tape and snap off knife were included as a cheap way to run up the tool count.

Having said all that. I am debating getting this kit. As others have noted, it is a good beginning. I'd do some swapping out and adding. A dead blow hammer would be at the top of the list. I'd replace the electrical tape with Scotch Super 33+ or Super 88. I'd add some longer tie wraps. And the list goes on...
There is a lot of misinformation in this thread so I’d like to clear it up.
Fasteners that have BRONCO stamped in them are torx plus. If it doesn’t have the BRONCO identification, it’s regular torx. Contrary to what RagnarKon stated, the accessory points he refers to are actually T30 plus (included in the kit), NOT T25 plus. It’s an easy mistake to make because they are very close in size. The modular bumper bolts are T40 plus (included in the kit), and removing the top requires T30 plus and T50 plus.
In summary, the kit includes TP30, TP40, and TP50 which covers all the torx plus fasteners with the exception of the seat belt adjuster which we were not made aware of when developing the kit. In addition, there are regular torx bits T10, T15, T20, T30, T40, T50 included in the kit. If you have beadlock rings, those are regular torx 45, not torx plus (the fasteners are not stamped BRONCO). Some have questioned why the 13/16 impact socket is in there. 13/16 remains a very popular size, especially in aftermarket lugs wheel locks. 13/16 will also work on 20mm applications (but not vice versa). All the impacts are made of CrMo so they can be used on an air or cordless impact. There are a number of tools in the kit that allow the user to make repairs on other vehicles, not just the Bronco. So if you own a motorcycle, ATV, boat, trailer, you more than likely able to work on those as well. I hope this clears things up. Feel free to ask me any questions.

SVTGoat

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There is a lot of misinformation in this thread so I’d like to clear it up.
Fasteners that have BRONCO stamped in them are torx plus. If it doesn’t have the BRONCO identification, it’s regular torx. Contrary to what RagnarKon stated, the accessory points he refers to are actually T30 plus (included in the kit), NOT T25 plus. It’s an easy mistake to make because they are very close in size. The modular bumper bolts are T40 plus (included in the kit), and removing the top requires T30 plus and T50 plus.
In summary, the kit includes TP30, TP40, and TP50 which covers all the torx plus fasteners with the exception of the seat belt adjuster which we were not made aware of when developing the kit. In addition, there are regular torx bits T10, T15, T20, T30, T40, T50 included in the kit. If you have beadlock rings, those are regular torx 45, not torx plus (the fasteners are not stamped BRONCO). Some have questioned why the 13/16 impact socket is in there. 13/16 remains a very popular size, especially in aftermarket lugs wheel locks. 13/16 will also work on 20mm applications (but not vice versa). All the impacts are made of CrMo so they can be used on an air or cordless impact. There are a number of tools in the kit that allow the user to make repairs on other vehicles, not just the Bronco. So if you own a motorcycle, ATV, boat, trailer, you more than likely able to work on those as well. I hope this clears things up. Feel free to ask me any questions.
Greg is there other tools that can be added to this if and when purchasing?

Sponsored

Greg_L

Raptor
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
For those who want to see a bit more about the kit...

The kit isn't perfect, and mine had some minor quality issues. But for the price point I think it's definitely solid.

Obviously I haven't had the tools for long, but just based on initial impressions... they're not as good as Snap-on tools (wouldn't expect them to be) or even Gearwrench tools. But they do seem to be a step up or at least on-par with the store brands like Kobalt or Husky. In many ways, hard to rate, as some of the tools—like the ratchets—are above average and seem to punch above their weight. While some of the others tools are little more "meh".

Overall I think they're in-line with the price point once you take into account the fact that they are Ford branded/licensed. I don't know if they're quite worth the full $350, especially since you'll have to spend a little more money to buy up the missing tools. But with the seemingly endless coupon codes on Ford Accessories and FordPass points, isn't hard to get it for a little less than that. Good stuff. (y)
Just to clarify, the accessory points you refer to are not TP25, they are TP30 (included in the kit). Easy mistake to make because they are very close in size. The modular bumper bolts are TP40 (included in the kit) and removing the top requires TP30 and TP50 (included in the kit). Only fasteners marked BRONCO require torx. If you have bead locks, the rings are T45, regular torx (fastener is not stamped BRONCO). The Torx keys in the kit include a T45.
The kit does not include a TP45 for the seat belt adjustment bolt. We did not have this information when the kit was built.
The kit does not include the axle nut socket which was a decision made by Ford. The socket can be added of course. BTW, it’s a 36mm, not 35mm. We will be offering an axle nut socket on our site in the next few weeks, as well as some other tools as well.
In regards to quality, I can assure you that it is the same (or better) quality spec as GearWrench which we used as one of the benchmarks. The tools in the kit come from 10 different factories depending on the tool type. This was to assure the best quality, tool type by tool type. Our parent company has been in the tool business since 1979 a makes quality tools for some very well known companies. The choice to laser etch the tools was a style Ford preferred. It gives a clearer mark than stamping. In addition, the tools feature premium corrosion protection far exceeding ANSI specs. The impacts are phosphate coated because they are made from premium CrMo therefore they do not have the extra corrosion protection like the other tools (you cannot chrome plate CrMo). All tools come with a lifetime free replacement warranty. Warranty information is included in the pocket of the kit.
Feel free to email us at [email protected] if you have additional questions.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to clarify, the accessory points you refer to are not TP25, they are TP30 (included in the kit). Easy mistake to make because they are very close in size. The modular bumper bolts are TP40 (included in the kit) and removing the top requires TP30 and TP50 (included in the kit). Only fasteners marked BRONCO require torx. If you have bead locks, the rings are T45, regular torx (fastener is not stamped BRONCO). The Torx keys in the kit include a T45.
The kit does not include a TP45 for the seat belt adjustment bolt. We did not have this information when the kit was built.
Truthfully, I'm pretty confident in the missing sizes I mentioned in the video. For example... two of the bolts—the inboard bolts—on the cowl accessory points are indeed TP30, but the other two are TP25. (Others are free to verify.)

Ford Bronco Bronco Branded Tools Roll-up Kit 1712239373920-vr

BUT... I will double check today and post the results either tonight or tomorrow. It feels like somehow wires are getting crossed, and I don't know why—maybe some of the engineering docs Ford has provided are incorrect, maybe there are variations between Broncos with different build dates... not sure.

Either way... if you guys create "expansion packs", I'd absolutely be interested in buying them... as long as they have the right sizes.

---

Also, huge props for offering a lifetime warranty—I'll admit I missed that in the literature when I was filming the video a few days ago.

Greg_L

Raptor
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Greg is there other tools that can be added to this if and when purchasing?
In 2-3 weeks, there will be other tools than can be added listed on our site. They won’t be Bronco branded however. I’ll post here when they are available. Thanks!

Greg_L

Raptor
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE ORDERED THROUGH FORD'S ACCESSORY SITE

We are working with Ford to get those orders sent to us for fulfillment. I cannot give an ETA on when they will get the issue fixed. I'm hoping it will be in the next 10 days. However, if you are ordering with points, you CAN order through your local dealer with points or points/cash. We are shipping to the dealers daily. We have plenty of stock so don't be concerned about us running out.
In some states, like Arizona, products cannot be ordered on Ford's sites. The following Phoenix dealers DO keep inventory on hand. San Tan Ford, Peoria Ford, Earnhardt Ford Tempe, and Sanderson Ford.
Again, feel free to email us at [email protected]

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The following Phoenix dealers DO keep inventory on hand. San Tan Ford, Peoria Ford, Earnhardt Ford Tempe, and Sanderson Ford.
Last month had my Brondo into Sanderson Ford to take care of the seatbelt recall.
I saw several (more than two) on the shelf at their Custom Shop. Their Custom Shop
will match any sale prices on Ford's accessory site.
Sponsored