First Name
Vicki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My 2023 bronco has 7000 miles on the odometer and it has been at the dealer 38 days In the past two months. The dealer claims that it is a problem with the camshaft, sensors and the vcts.
clearly, this falls into lemon law territory. Now the dealer has told me they are replacing the entire engine on my new truck! I’ve contacted Ford about a buyback, but I really love my truck. What do you guys think? Do you think replacing the engine will resolve my issues or is this just the beginning of continual problems? Thanks for your input.
Sponsored

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The number of days at the dealership does not mean you qualify for lemon law. There are numerous of factors that need to be met in order to have a strong lemon law case so if this is your first time bringing your Bronco to the dealership for this specific issue then this might not be enough to call it a lemon.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd give the new engine a chance and try to get the dealer to throw in extended warranty.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

CHeck your state lemon laws. In louisiana Im pretty sure its something to the effect of being in the shop "X" amount of times for the same repair within a certain time frame or if spends "X" amount of time in the shop, but on that last part its a gray area cause theres variables like parts on backorder, or length of time to actually perform repairs. I believe that part is like 90 days.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The number of days at the dealership does not mean you qualify for lemon law. There are numerous of factors that need to be met in order to have a strong lemon law case so if this is your first time bringing your Bronco to the dealership for this specific issue then this might not be enough to call it a lemon.
Lemon law varies by state. But in the vast majority, 30 days in the shop within the warranty period would in fact trigger the state Lemon Law.

OP is in California, and in Cali it is 4 attempts at the same problem, OR 30+ days in the shop for a warrantable repair.

So. Yes the OP could Lemon Law it.

But, if I'm getting a whole new engine? I'd likely take it.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lemon law varies by state. But in the vast majority, 30 days in the shop within the warranty period would in fact trigger the state Lemon Law.

OP is in California, and in Cali it is 4 attempts at the same problem, OR 30+ days in the shop for a warrantable repair.

So. Yes the OP could Lemon Law it.

But, if I'm getting a whole new engine? I'd likely take it.
Just to add that CA has free arbitration too and a decent website on it:
https://www.dca.ca.gov/acp/acpprocess.shtml

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Florida is 30 days out of service or 3+ times for same repair. FCA bought back my ‘14 Chrysler 300 John Varvatos after the instrument cluster shorted out and they could not get the part to fix it. Car still ran and drove great but no gauges is No Burno! They also paid for my rental car the whole time. Funny thing is, after the deal was agreed to but before the actual transaction, the part arrived! I told FCA I’d happily cancel the buy back in exchange for a 5 year extended warranty on the whole car in case this happened again. They refused! So I got 41k back for an 18 month old car with 20k miles on it instead of them just giving me a $2500 extended warranty. It’s no wonder they’re in such awful financial trouble today.

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
OP, I’ve had to lemon a Subaru and a Ram here in Ca, if you have questions or a super easy attorney I can recommend one that helped me. Years back I did a ford buy back on an F150 and it took a while but Ford really came through, newer year model and more features.
Sponsored