First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I plug the battery into the port to charge at (ideally) 400W, the battery just clicks it's relays on and off without charging. It feels like there is an electronic thing preventing the bronco from recognizing the battery. I can charge my laptop just fine. I have tried it with the car running, not running, limiting the power draw on the battery app.

Wondering if anyone has has a similar experience with the AC port and if you fixed it?
Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I plug the battery into the port to charge at (ideally) 400W, the battery just clicks it's relays on and off without charging. It feels like there is an electronic thing preventing the bronco from recognizing the battery. I can charge my laptop just fine. I have tried it with the car running, not running, limiting the power draw on the battery app.

Wondering if anyone has has a similar experience with the AC port and if you fixed it?
Maybe the output wattage/amps is not enough to charge the Delta PRO. I just got my Delta PRO...have not used it yet.

OP
OP

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you try charging it from the AC port and report back?

The 110V provides ~400 watts. In the Ecoflow app you can set the Delta 2 AC charging rate to well below 400W so it wouldn't draw too much power.

TX21BRONC

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Hemi, Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, the Delta 2 will not charge with the cigarette plug. It will just click like you said. I created a solution that charges my Delta 2 at over 300W. I will take some pictures of my install and post sometime this week. Just need to take the pics but it works great.

OP
OP

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about if you use the AC wall cord with the AC outlet? Does that not work either?

Sponsored

paleh0rse

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco and others
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's likely due to a modified sine wave issue. The Delta2 requires a pure sine wave.

This guy has/had the same issue with the Delta2 in his Tacoma, but he came up with a solution - a DC-DC Converter. Unfortunately, that solution requires wiring something else to the battery, but it may be worth it - the end result is 400+ watts of dependable charging!

He originally hoped that Ecoflow could solve the problem with a firmware update; but, as far as I know, that hasn't happened yet.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

damn. too bad ford used a square wave cheap ass converter...I'm gonna devise a way to upgrade the turd.

Shrek27

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is this the case with all Ecoflow batteries? Was real close to pushing the button on a River 2 Pro but wouldn't want to deal with that same problem

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, the Delta 2 will not charge with the cigarette plug. It will just click like you said. I created a solution that charges my Delta 2 at over 300W. I will take some pictures of my install and post sometime this week. Just need to take the pics but it works great.

What solution did you use?

TX21BRONC

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bronco AC outlet doesn't work with Ecoflow Delta 2 IMG_9153.JPG
Ford Bronco Bronco AC outlet doesn't work with Ecoflow Delta 2 IMG_9154.JPG
Ford Bronco Bronco AC outlet doesn't work with Ecoflow Delta 2 IMG_9155.JPG

Sponsored

TX21BRONC

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did exactly like what was shown in the YouTube video above. It works great. I ran a #4 AWG wire from my battery to the disconnect seen in the picture. I then routed to a distribution block and then from that distribution block to the DC/DC inverter. I then ran the PV wiring from the DC/DC inverter to the EcoFlow. The system works great. It charges at over 400W.

TX21BRONC

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did exactly like what was shown in the YouTube video above. It works great. I ran a #4 AWG wire from my battery to the disconnect seen in the picture. I then routed to a distribution block and then from that distribution block to the DC/DC inverter. I then ran the PV wiring from the DC/DC inverter to the EcoFlow. The system works great. It charges at over 400W.
Forgot to mention, I also ran that yellow wire to the fuse box to have a trigger for the inverter. Since this photo, I have revised the distribution block and I actually have tapped off of it and ran a wire to the back area where I have a switchbox that controls various lights I use when I get to camp so that I can set up and cook when it gets dark.
Sponsored