First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm trying to sell my Black Diamond, and Carmax's website said they couldn't make me an offer. I've reached out to a coupe dealers in my area and I just listed it in a couple different parts of this forum, hoping to get some attention here. I'd like to avoid Marketplace at all costs šŸ™ƒ
Same here! I'd like to avoid that place. I'm thinking about Cars and bids
Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is there a local classified site you can use? Car gurus, cars.com, auto trader?? Selling private isnā€™t difficult and can be the difference of thousands of dollars. Also avoids BS fees with dealer trade ins and certain auctions.

We just sold my sons WRX Subaru on a local classified site in our area. Sold to first inquiry and same day. Itā€™s a sellers market. Take advantage of it.

Ask for cashiers check or bank wire. If you have loan youā€™ll coordinate a payoff amount with your bank and buyer cuts separate check typically. Print off a bill of sale to provide to buyer. Super simple stuff that can save you thousands.

Ford Bronco Best place to sell the Bronco? FC859EED-E7B4-4040-ACF9-7AD5D28DDF2B

OP
OP
Balthezor

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there a local classified site you can use? Car gurus, cars.com, auto trader?? Selling private isnā€™t difficult and can be the difference of thousands of dollars. Also avoids BS fees with dealer trade ins and certain auctions.

We just sold my sons WRX Subaru on a local classified site in our area. Sold to first inquiry and same day. Itā€™s a sellers market. Take advantage of it.

Ask for cashiers check or bank wire. If you have loan youā€™ll coordinate a payoff amount with your bank and buyer cuts separate check typically. Print off a bill of sale to provide to buyer. Super simple stuff that can save you thousands.

Ford Bronco Best place to sell the Bronco? FC859EED-E7B4-4040-ACF9-7AD5D28DDF2B
Do you wait to give the title until the cashier's check clears?

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you wait to give the title until the cashier's check clears?
I think it depends. Where do you live?šŸ¤£

The most recent transaction I shared I did not. He brought a cashiers check the following day which was from a banking institution Iā€™m familiar with. I gave him the keys and signed the title and that was it. He was also not giving off the Iā€™m a fraudster vibe.

If thatā€™s a concern you can either go with them to their bank and see cashiers check drawn or ask for a Fed Funds bank wire thatā€™s same day.

If youā€™re more comfortable holding the title until the check clears, I would post that as a term of the deal in the vehicle posting.

Every vehicle Iā€™ve sold was private with one exception. Never had an issue. Good luck. Great looking 2 door. You wonā€™t have a problem selling it.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hey all. Unfortunately things have changed and I can't keep my poor Bronco anymore. What is the best place to sell? Car Max? Local Ford dealer or one of those online sites? Wondering if anyone have similar experience. Thank you.
Carmax is lame. They have been scared of the current car market. My local Ford dealer gave me a great price on my Badlands in October. Autotrader also got me lots of calls.

Sponsored

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What part of PA?

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for your insight. Did you go to Ford dealers or any dealers? How long ago was this?
This was about 3 weeks ago. Yes, went to the Ford dealers and they low-balled us. Ended up selling it to a local Jeep dealer at $43,500. It sold right away too, or else the owners wife is driving it. Had to turn off notifications from the Ford App for it.
Edit: KBB trade number was Way Too High for reality. They haven't come back to Earth yet.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you go online, look into Bring a Trailer. It's a process, but you'll likely get more for it than other online methods.

I just had a FJ cruiser up on BaT (didn't reach the reserve), but the bids went a few thousand higher than any other offers I've gotten from autotrader folks (most of them are scammers anyway) and from online/dealer quotes.

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My recent experience with Autotrader for a non bronco sale. 95% of contacts were scammers. Wasted a lot of time just reading the responses or figuring out they were scammers as soon as they said they were out of area but would ship it sight unseen etc etc.

Carmax and carvana offers have plummeted in the last six months, at least for that particular car and for my like new Gladiator I traded. Neither were competitive for what my Ford dealer ended up offering (plus I got the tax credit here in texas).

KBB numbers are too high and not in line with reality in my prior two experiences.

But I agree with the advice above. Get a floor price from carmax and a local dealer or two. Then list on here and probably make some easy money and make someone here very happy. That is an awesome build and should go very quickly (but I'm biased)
Sponsored