Sponsored

Badlands to Heritage Grille Swap -- part number, purchasing, painting, installing

Lots O Fords

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Bronco, 23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A heads up for those swapping and have a front camera. The trim covering the camera is the same and you will want to paint to match.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A heads up for those swapping and have a front camera. The trim covering the camera is the same and you will want to paint to match.
Yup I had to do that...I used SEM for ABS to prep the grille (I stripped the primer) and to scuff the camera cover prior to painting. They make good stuff.

Lots O Fords

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Bronco, 23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wound up doing a poor paint job on the camera cover because I wanted it put back together the same morning, and since the grille paint came out so good, I ordered a new camera cover to have it painted with paint that has hardener and I'll swap it out in the future.
To me the grill change made a big difference and I am so happy to have gone OEM
Ford Bronco Badlands to Heritage Grille Swap -- part number, purchasing, painting, installing KIMG0201.JPG

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wound up doing a poor paint job on the camera cover because I wanted it put back together the same morning, and since the grille paint came out so good, I ordered a new camera cover to have it painted with paint that has hardener and I'll swap it out in the future.
Ford Bronco Badlands to Heritage Grille Swap -- part number, purchasing, painting, installing KIMG0201.JPG
Well done!

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

This is almost exactly what I want to do, it looks fantastic!

roadtripper

Badlands
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey @broncorik , did you have to pop out a piece of the grille to fit the camera in there? In your first pic of the uninstalled grille it looks like thereā€™s a flat piece of plastic between the O and R. (Iā€™m hoping thatā€™s the case because the Badlands I ordered doesnā€™t have lux package/front camera).

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey @broncorik , did you have to pop out a piece of the grille to fit the camera in there? In your first pic of the uninstalled grille it looks like thereā€™s a flat piece of plastic between the O and R. (Iā€™m hoping thatā€™s the case because the Badlands I ordered doesnā€™t have lux package/front camera).
Hello! The Heritage grille has the camera cutout...I believe all the Heritage trim levels have a camera. I got that specific grille because the other grilles that look similar to it came only without a camera cutout.

roadtripper

Badlands
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello! The Heritage grille has the camera cutout...I believe all the Heritage trim levels have a camera. I got that specific grille because the other grilles that look similar to it came only without a camera cutout.
Right on. I was worried something might look off without the front camera. But after looking at some other pics for the same PN, the spacing between all letters looks the same so it should work well with or without the camera. Thanks mate

Ford Bronco Badlands to Heritage Grille Swap -- part number, purchasing, painting, installing 1715272037329-b7

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anytime! The spacing is even. If you don't need the camera, you could go with the base trim one...I would have gone that route if I didn't have a camera (and if I didn't want the grille to have Ford on it versus Bronco... I prefer the Ford lettering).
Sponsored

Last edited: