First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately it will be impossible to compare these unless they are photographed together in 1 photo in the same lighting conditions. Cameras, sun, shade - each have to much impact to make accurate comparisons separately.
100% agree but you can tell there’s a difference between the metallic azure and the non-metallic Area 51

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Updated with photo of Area 51 vs Azure Gray on official Bronco water bottle paint samples:

psx_20220917_111139-jpg.jpg
Got a chance to see the paint samples next to each other at the Woodward Dream Cruise a few weeks ago and I gotta say, as an enthusiast I think I'll be hard pressed to differentiate between the two as we start to see them driving around.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Unfortunately it will be impossible to compare these unless they are photographed together in 1 photo in the same lighting conditions. Cameras, sun, shade - each have to much impact to make accurate comparisons separately.
Not to mention the monitor, display they are being viewed on. Colors have to be seen in person. This coming from a pro photographer.

Sponsored

Deleted member 32220

Neither will the original rock rails despite what Esteban indicated back pre-launch. Only frame mounted rails have the capability to support the weight.
The originals will support it, they just won’t take a moderate beating before giving up the ghost. The optional step/ rails are aluminum w/ a cast aluminum hoop step. You could ruin those hopping the median at the mall!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

These are vendor direct ship and expensive. Looking at the the contour in the pics the two rail styles look different. The step alone for the 2D shows a retail of a little over $610.00 per side. The 4D complete rails retail around $1,600.00 per side but does show brackets, (most) hardware, rail and steps are included but I've gotten burned by the catalogue on bronco parts so I don't trust.

I do like these steps but think they are overpriced and would hate to cut them up in order to make it work on an older style rail. Depending how catty I feel, I may have parts order me a set for my demo to see if they work. No idea if they're available at this time or on indefinite back order. DOW isn't showing anything beside vendor direct ship.
Yep, I have the old style rails (I bought from you) and I bought a set of Mabett (yep too cheap for IAG or AR) steps which are good. But I like the looks of these, but again, I'm waaay too cheap, maybe some take offs down the road. If you figure out if they will fit.

And the long 2 dr version would be good for rear seat access.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For those looking for an example on a Bronco. Was driving in some thick traffic so the pictures aren’t the greatest.

E32AA838-128E-4935-95FE-63EC8F406C52.jpeg

azure gray metallic 2023 ford bronco.jpg

rock rails to accommodate the optional hoop step.jpg

Updated with photo of Area 51 vs Azure Gray on official Bronco water bottle paint samples:

psx_20220917_111139-jpg.jpg
So, Area 51.5 :LOL:

Thanks for the pics. (y)

CeeCeeBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Deleted member 32220

Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting 1663694039205

disregard the red arrow, the photo was copied from earlier. I’m pointing out that the rail doesn’t go all the way to the front fender edge.

On a positive note, not continuing to the front edge, of the front fender will allow for OEM front mud flaps to work. That would be my preferred set up.

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For those looking for an example on a Bronco. Was driving in some thick traffic so the pictures aren’t the greatest.

Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting 1663694039205

Doubt those are rock rails. Just looks like the removable hoop step. does not support the weight of the bronco if that's what it is

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do people just enjoy making things up? Whatever. Here are the actual facts from Ford.

https://accessories.ford.com/products/bronco-4dr-2021-rock-rails

Will support 1.5x the weight of the vehicle. These are the OE rails that come standard on Black Diamond, Badlands and First Edition models.
It makes selling aftermarket parts easier by scaring people o_O :ROFLMAO: 😁 :oops:

I'm not saying a lot of the aftermarket mods aren't more durable, many of them are, but they are preying on the ignorance of people new to off road vehicles.
Over engineered parts are not always better, there is always a penalty, usually cost and weight.
People with too much disposable income are throwing way too much money at these parts and they have no idea the negative impact of adding hundreds of pounds to an already very heavy vehicle does.

It's clear there is little play when it comes to weight with Broncos, spend some time with the Ford builds, add some skids and you can't add a sliding tray or a roof rack. Very little play.

I'm watching these threads with people putting on massively heavy aftermarket steel bumpers and skids, not to mention all the AR built to survive nuclear holocaust parts, heavier rims, heavier tires and you know they aren't finding places to lose some weight. All of this will take a toll on your beloved Bronco.

Bottom line, if you don't need the extra durability, adding it 'just in case' is going to hurt you far more than it is going to help you.

And if there is any chance you feel like this sounds like you, go find a cat scale and weigh your Bronco.

... OK rant over. I'm sure no one cares, they're all just overly excited to have their new ride to modify with everything new that comes out.

Last edited:

Builder

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 CC F350 4x4, 2002 F150 4x4, 2013 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you ever feel useless just remember that Ford actually pays the people who decided to roll out the Bronco lack of color palette.
Sponsored