First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Finally got around to installing the TRMR Half Rack with Pak Rax from Trailrax this weekend. Wanted to share some photos in this thread as well.

The installation instructions were not easy to follow. Had to watch the official video twice, followed by another video from Middleton Motorsports which was still a little bit tricky to follow just because you have to adapt their instructions for the full rack to fit the half rack. The inner and outer clamp system developed and used by Trailrax should have their own instructional video alone to be completely honest. That was probably the most difficult part to understand. Admittedly, it did start to make more sense once everything was laid out on the ground. I'm sure anyone who's used Trailrax products in the past will already know what to do.

The rack itself is pretty awesome. It's sturdy, rugged, and adds that bit of missing capability back to the Bronco. I ordered my Bronco with the factory OEM roof rails but had to remove them to put on the Baja Designs XL Light Bar, but still wanted some kind of rack solution. This was that solution. And the best part IMO is because the rack is clamped directly to the hard top itself, removing it for topless summer time fun is still very easy to do. Just gotta remove the Pak Rax arms, and the rack itself will pop off with the top.

Anyway, sorry for the long write up. Just wanted to share my experience and thoughts :)

Ford Bronco Anyone running a roof half rack? IMG_4758
Ford Bronco Anyone running a roof half rack? IMG_4759
Ford Bronco Anyone running a roof half rack? IMG_4761
Ford Bronco Anyone running a roof half rack? IMG_4763
Ford Bronco Anyone running a roof half rack? IMG_4764
Ford Bronco Anyone running a roof half rack? IMG_4766
Ford Bronco Anyone running a roof half rack? IMG_4767
Ford Bronco Anyone running a roof half rack? IMG_4768
Ford Bronco Anyone running a roof half rack? IMG_4769
Ford Bronco Anyone running a roof half rack? IMG_4771
Ford Bronco Anyone running a roof half rack? IMG_4773
Ford Bronco Anyone running a roof half rack? IMG_4778
Ford Bronco Anyone running a roof half rack? IMG_4787
Sponsored

FDHog

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat FX4, 22 Road Glide ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wanted to go with Valkyrie, but they don't make one for the 2 door. I just ordered the JCR shortie for my 2dr. Will post after I get it.

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally got around to installing the TRMR Half Rack with Pak Rax from Trailrax this weekend. Wanted to share some photos in this thread as well.

The installation instructions were not easy to follow. Had to watch the official video twice, followed by another video from Middleton Motorsports which was still a little bit tricky to follow just because you have to adapt their instructions for the full rack to fit the half rack. The inner and outer clamp system developed and used by Trailrax should have their own instructional video alone to be completely honest. That was probably the most difficult part to understand. Admittedly, it did start to make more sense once everything was laid out on the ground. I'm sure anyone who's used Trailrax products in the past will already know what to do.

The rack itself is pretty awesome. It's sturdy, rugged, and adds that bit of missing capability back to the Bronco. I ordered my Bronco with the factory OEM roof rails but had to remove them to put on the Baja Designs XL Light Bar, but still wanted some kind of rack solution. This was that solution. And the best part IMO is because the rack is clamped directly to the hard top itself, removing it for topless summer time fun is still very easy to do. Just gotta remove the Pak Rax arms, and the rack itself will pop off with the top.

Anyway, sorry for the long write up. Just wanted to share my experience and thoughts :)

Looks great! On second thought this probably will work with skis. They’ll hang beyond the rear of the Bronco but probably not much past the spare tire.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Went with RCI. Best of both worlds. Full and half for the price of one (and $235 off right now!)

Sponsored

sirvegetable

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey all, I was thinking about getting a roof rack and then saw the half rack. There a few companies that make the half rack now. I know I could get a snowboard carrier put up there but I haven't seen pictures of anybody running a the half rack. Other than the snowboard carrier, what else would work up there? Trying to see if this would work up there? Maybe a small cargo basket or platform?

Thanks for any ideas and picts!
same need/ask but have a factory roof rack installed, any recommendation of what can install on top of the factory rack?

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wanted to go with Valkyrie, but they don't make one for the 2 door. I just ordered the JCR shortie for my 2dr. Will post after I get it.
how do you like it? Hard to find one for the 2 door and then we get the extra cost from every manufacturer

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all, I was thinking about getting a roof rack and then saw the half rack. There a few companies that make the half rack now. I know I could get a snowboard carrier put up there but I haven't seen pictures of anybody running a the half rack. Other than the snowboard carrier, what else would work up there? Trying to see if this would work up there? Maybe a small cargo basket or platform?

Thanks for any ideas and picts!
Ya, me!!!
I like it!

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/turn-offroad-rack-on-the-low-q-bronco.88605/#post-2156421
Sponsored