Sponsored

Anyone have the DV8 FS-15 Series Rear Bumper?

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Considering this for my '23 BL. It would be great to hear your experience with it.
TIA!
Sponsored

Cobrafang

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have one and love it. My ONLY compaint is that I am thinking strongly about a GOBI rack for my softtop wildtrak. And I can't get DV8 to send me the top of the bumper drawings so I can send it to GOBI or even to send it to them direct. Other than that....AWESOME!!!!!

Oh I installed them myself so yea...they are heavy...get help or use a transmission jack.

OP
OP
BigSkyBronco

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have one and love it. My ONLY compaint is that I am thinking strongly about a GOBI rack for my softtop wildtrak. And I can't get DV8 to send me the top of the bumper drawings so I can send it to GOBI or even to send it to them direct. Other than that....AWESOME!!!!!

Oh I installed them myself so yea...they are heavy...get help or use a transmission jack.
Do you have the tow hitch? Any interference? Thanks.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve got one mounted since June or so. I like it fine. I would have went with Turn Offroad’s version had I wait a month or so for theirs to get released. It’s very similar - but, minus the logos on the sides and the frame caps are a bit cleaner.

Zero hitch interference.

Ford Bronco Anyone have the DV8 FS-15 Series Rear Bumper? IMG_4289

I mounted the Diode Dynamics 3” flush mount and needed to grind about 1/16” off the bottom of the opening for them to slide in. Primer + paint and a week or so after work project, but finally mounting it up was a breeze with the help of a jack and my 10 year old.

One thing I can say is that I scrapped it pretty good on a rock within the first week (climbing a ledge that would have easily ripped the OEM bumper/plate off). I’ve been meaning to sand and touch up - but, the powder coat is holding and not peeling or bubbling up further. So, that’s a plus.

IMO you’ll want a solution to get rid of the OEM muffler. That monstrosity will be even more of an eyesore once you have the high and tight bumper. I personally love my Magnaflow.

Cobrafang

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you have the tow hitch? Any interference? Thanks.
I do have the factory tow hitch. There was no interference or anything.

Your are welcome.

Sponsored

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine looks exactly like redone17’s photo. Fits perfectly around the factory hitch. Bumper fits high and tight and doesn’t stick out too far on the sides. I like it.

OP
OP
BigSkyBronco

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine looks exactly like redone17’s photo. Fits perfectly around the factory hitch. Bumper fits high and tight and doesn’t stick out too far on the sides. I like it.
@contented Thanks for the 👍🏻 Does your plate mount like his?

OP
OP
BigSkyBronco

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve got one mounted since June or so. I like it fine. I would have went with Turn Offroad’s version had I wait a month or so for theirs to get released. It’s very similar - but, minus the logos on the sides and the frame caps are a bit cleaner.

Zero hitch interference.

Ford Bronco Anyone have the DV8 FS-15 Series Rear Bumper? IMG_4289

I mounted the Diode Dynamics 3” flush mount and needed to grind about 1/16” off the bottom of the opening for them to slide in. Primer + paint and a week or so after work project, but finally mounting it up was a breeze with the help of a jack and my 10 year old.

One thing I can say is that I scrapped it pretty good on a rock within the first week (climbing a ledge that would have easily ripped the OEM bumper/plate off). I’ve been meaning to sand and touch up - but, the powder coat is holding and not peeling or bubbling up further. So, that’s a plus.

IMO you’ll want a solution to get rid of the OEM muffler. That monstrosity will be even more of an eyesore once you have the high and tight bumper. I personally love my Magnaflow.
@redone17 How did you mount your plate? It looks a lot cleaner than what shows on the DV8 website. 👍🏻

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have that bumper AND the GOBI rack.

I just sent the name and a bunch of pictures from DV-8's website. They definitely work together and they have the combo in their records. Mine is exactly a year old.

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here you go.

Edit - the included license plate mount is ok if you never wheel in tight places. But it lets the plate stick out beyond the bumper. If you’ve ever scraped fender flares, you would catch the plate too. Thus I relocated It.

Ford Bronco Anyone have the DV8 FS-15 Series Rear Bumper? IMG_1851

Last edited:

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@redone17 How did you mount your plate? It looks a lot cleaner than what shows on the DV8 website. 👍🏻
It does. I bought dv8’s license plate relocation kit. It bolts to the spare tire mounts and you have to rewire the light.
It’s an additional $75 bracket that they sell. Kinda BS that it’s not included - but, I didn’t want a plate hanging off my spare and the bracket that comes with the bumper has the plate sticking way out too far off the body lines IMO.

But, you can read about some modifications I did to the bracket here. Minor, but made a big difference to me.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-plate-relocation-bracket.57456/#post-2071766

Last edited:

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cobrafang

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have that bumper AND the GOBI rack.

I just sent the name and a bunch of pictures from DV-8's website. They definitely work together and they have the combo in their records. Mine is exactly a year old.
That is fantastic news...can you share a pic of the Gobi mount on the bumper?

Thanks.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond