Sponsored

Any real world reviews of American Adventure Labs?

74Bob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '11 F150 FX4 Eco, '06 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you have a picture of this setup? I also have the P.A.C.S Drawer in mine and I am trying to figure out how to mount a fridge to it.

Did you have to drill a hole into it to get the fridge mount?

What I did was locate the existing holes drilled the fridge mount and then get some metric bolts to bolt it down I used 3 per each side of the fridge slide base.

20240417_152315.jpg

20240417_152242.jpg

20240417_152222.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
ElDuderino

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello!

I cannot confirm- but I believe that I was the first to request an AAL rear seat delete for the 2 door bronco, and a cargo shelf (modified from the 4 door version they did have at the time). I drove my vehicle to them and left it at the shop for a week so they could measure and scan and prototype brackets, etc. They didn't charge me any custom/R&D fees because they were planning to offer those products at some point anyhow. I also had them install the dakota lithium batteries and redarc system (and all the fuses, auxiliary 12v ports, engine bay shut-off, etc.) below the floor. I also installed their molle panels on both sides of the rear, a rear view mirror camera system, and an arb dual chamber air compressor on the driver side molle panel. I went further and did pay material cost and R&D for a modular/removable passenger seat delete that extended the platform from the rear to about where the front of the seat would be (so still room in front to have someone sit on the platform extension if needed in an emergency... I usually wheel in groups but I am alone in my vehicle so I wanted the platform for my dog.. and so that I could sleep on it (deep sleep mattress).

I also originally had a fridge slide installed, but then upgraded to the flip and slide which required raising the cargo shelf (they fabbed some temporary lifting brackets so I could get home).

I have had nothing but great experiences with AAL so far. They are constantly iterating new improvements and are very receptive to customer feedback and requests.

Due to distance and scheduling I am still using some of the non-final versions of my ordered products but am planning to make the trip to them soon to get the coated final versions.

I should be sleeping right now (supposed to meet a group at a trailhead at 9am an hour and a half away from me.. but I'm too excited to sleep. I'll attempt to post some of the pics and videos that AAL provided me (and some were used on their instagram, etc.) A lot of the files are too big.

I plan to use their tailgate table once available and I am also still hoping for them to find the time to do the ARB twin compressor remote mounting (in the small tire tool/jack area) like they do for the jeeps!

I hope any of this helps.

IMG_4416.jpg

IMG_4394.jpg

IMG_4377.jpg

IMG_4376.jpg

IMG_4403.jpg

Edit: I did not take the photos or videos myself with my camera... if for some reason AAL would like me to remove these please let me know- I'm sure you can figure out who I am... but I promise I will also post pics of the final versions of these wonderful products in a future thread!
Finally putting my build together. Quick question, what size dometic is this? Before I ordered I asked AAL if my Dometic 45 would fit with the flip n slide and cargo shelf and they assured me it was a perfect fit. With everything installed at max height, my fridge needs about a half an inch more space to fit.

Edit: I just now saw that you said your buddy has a dometic 55 in his with the same setup? Is he running a custom plate for the cargo shelf to make it higher? I leave for Utah in 9 days and need to get this sorted. My 45 wouldn't fit, and the 55 is even taller than that. My local REI has the 35 in stock, but losing a lot of room inside the fridge.

Last edited:

Bored

Badlands
First Name
Bored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BL 2DR 2.3L MT & '23 BL 2DR 2.7L AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally putting my build together. Quick question, what size dometic is this? Before I ordered I asked AAL if my Dometic 45 would fit with the flip n slide and cargo shelf and they assured me it was a perfect fit. With everything installed at max height, my fridge needs about a half an inch more space to fit.

Edit: I just now saw that you said your buddy has a dometic 55 in his with the same setup? Is he running a custom plate for the cargo shelf to make it higher? I leave for Utah in 9 days and need to get this sorted. My 45 wouldn't fit, and the 55 is even taller than that. My local REI has the 35 in stock, but losing a lot of room inside the fridge.
Hey! Sorry for the delayed response. I had/he has a CFX 55IM; but he has an adapted/custom/cheater bracket that bolted to the top of the other standard bracket that gave it adjustments higher than standard. I currently run a 45 with a goose gear slide and no shelf and didn't run any other fridge on the flip n slide so I'm sorry I won't be much help.

OP
OP
ElDuderino

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey! Sorry for the delayed response. I had/he has a CFX 55IM; but he has an adapted/custom/cheater bracket that bolted to the top of the other standard bracket that gave it adjustments higher than standard. I currently run a 45 with a goose gear slide and no shelf and didn't run any other fridge on the flip n slide so I'm sorry I won't be much help.
No worries. Thanks for getting back. I ended up taking the 45 back and swapped it for a 35. Just would not fit. I figured you must have had some kind of bracket fabricated to get a 55 in. Will just stop for food refills more frequently.

Shawn_1121

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

hey im currently looking at the ICECO VL45PRO and the CFX45. I shouldn't have an issue with either of one of these right? The Dometic measures at 27.32in deep and the IceCo 28.1in(26.4in without Handles)

I plan on making my own floor system and just getting the matching slides for the fridges.

TYIA

Sponsored
OP
OP
ElDuderino

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hey im currently looking at the ICECO VL45PRO and the CFX45. I shouldn't have an issue with either of one of these right? The Dometic measures at 27.32in deep and the IceCo 28.1in(26.4in without Handles)

I plan on making my own floor system and just getting the matching slides for the fridges.

TYIA
The height was the issue for me. Would not fit under the cargo shelf. Depth shouldn’t be and issue.

Shawn_1121

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The height was the issue for me. Would not fit under the cargo shelf. Depth shouldn’t be and issue.
so you had the AAL rack all the way up and it still didn't fit?

monsterfd

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 raptor widebody 37s, 2018 raptor 2018 JKU 35s
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The AAL stuff ive got:
Shelf
floor
6" drawer
flip n slide, dometic 45
flat slide
dual battery, 4 cell with redarc
bottle opener/trash bag holder

works really well, I wheel with a family of 4 and all the stuff needed for a 5 day week. I like that everything has a place and we dont have to play cargo jenga like we did with an open cargo area. the flip n slide. we can access things quickly, no rattle or squeaking going on. i choose AAL over other options that use wood for durability, a little extra room as the AAL stuff is as thin as it gets, and maybe its lighter too.

The only bad is some of my floor wasnt counter sunk, and the battery hatches that I got dont match the instructions and had some missing parts for their doors, but they have great customer service and resolved it for me.

Ford Bronco Any real world reviews of American Adventure Labs? Photo May 07 2024, 1 12 47 PM

Ford Bronco Any real world reviews of American Adventure Labs? Photo May 07 2024, 1 13 59 PM

Ford Bronco Any real world reviews of American Adventure Labs? Photo May 07 2024, 1 13 38 PM

Ford Bronco Any real world reviews of American Adventure Labs? Photo May 07 2024, 1 13 11 PM

Ford Bronco Any real world reviews of American Adventure Labs? Photo May 07 2024, 1 12 43 PM

edit: dometic 45 on the slide

Last edited:
OP
OP
ElDuderino

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so you had the AAL rack all the way up and it still didn't fit?
I had the cargo shelf on the very last hole so there was only 2 bolts holding it on each side (which I don’t think you are supposed to do) and I couldn’t get the 45 to fit. Sounds like AAL made the user Bored a special bracket to raise the cargo shelf even higher to be able to fit the 55 liter dometic.

Shawn_1121

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had the cargo shelf on the very last hole so there was only 2 bolts holding it on each side (which I don’t think you are supposed to do) and I couldn’t get the 45 to fit. Sounds like AAL made the user Bored a special bracket to raise the cargo shelf even higher to be able to fit the 55 liter dometic.
are you running just a slide or a slide/draw for your dometic?

Sponsored
OP
OP
ElDuderino

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

are you running just a slide or a slide/draw for your dometic?
Flip n slide. If you just get the slide from AAL I think it’s a lot shorter. Will have more room.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you flip the side brackets of the cargo rack? This allows the rack to be installed even higher.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It’s also important to note that @ElDuderino has a 2dr. The 2dr cargo shelf has a lower maximum height than the 4dr shelf (by like 5 inches I think). That’s probably what got AAL themselves confused when they told him a flip-n-slide and a dometic 45 would fit. Those of us with a 4 dr shelf will have plenty of room and adjustability to fit everything.

OP
OP
ElDuderino

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s also important to note that @ElDuderino has a 2dr. The 2dr cargo shelf has a lower maximum height than the 4dr shelf (by like 5 inches I think). That’s probably what got AAL themselves confused when they told him a flip-n-slide and a dometic 45 would fit. Those of us with a 4 dr shelf will have plenty of room and adjustability to fit everything.
Yes, sorry I forgot to mention that. I did specifically say 2 door when I spoke with AAL before buying everything and they told me the 45 would fit no issue. If I could do it over again I’d probably just get the regular fridge slide and get a tailgate table.

OP
OP
ElDuderino

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you flip the side brackets of the cargo rack? This allows the rack to be installed even higher.
Yes. it is in the max height configuration
Sponsored