Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So... What happens if Ford has the capacity to fulfill all the remaining outstanding reservations and orders in 2023, but your dealer (our favorite dealer, for example) only has X allocations? Will Ford stop making Broncos for reservation holders at that dealership with a smaller allocation, and instead produce dealer stock for the giant dealerships with allocation to spare? Or will they exceed allocation for a dealership to fulfill reservations and orders that are currently backlogged? Or am I completely misunderstanding how allocation works?

I hope that we finally see production meet demand in the coming year, and that if it does Ford chooses the right path.

Our hearts are with you @Granger Ford and all those whom Ford left behind with you.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It would be nice if Ford looked at filling reservation orders over allocating to big box dealers for stock, there's a chance sure.

Ford Bronco An Insanely Optimistic Hypothetical 200w

OP
OP
KABQ

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Am I correct in thinking allocation is a relatively fixed number based on factors like Bronco and Bronco Sport sales, etc., or can It change based on production? If all dealerships hit their allocation would Ford just stop making Broncos and only make Rangers?

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Am I correct in thinking allocation is a relatively fixed number based on factors like Bronco and Bronco Sport sales, etc., or can It change based on production? If all dealerships hit their allocation would Ford just stop making Broncos and only make Rangers?
If I'm correct then if a dealer has open allocations (or no buildable orders) then they can order stock no matter if dealers like Granger still have unfilled orders above their allocation, Ford won't stop making them.

Ford is taking care of it's volume dealers over reservation holders, simple as that. Would be great if they took care of the rest of us as well but individually we're only buying one car, big box dealers are buying thousands a year from them.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's my understanding that the allocation number is an estimate, not a fixed limit.
While I can somewhat understand Ford limiting the number of builds for a single dealership, it's the customers that are being punished, not the dealer.
The irony of the situation is that Ford could build all of Grangers outstanding orders in ONE DAY (if they had the parts). That would surely go a long way in satisfying existing customers, and greatly improve Fords image.

I'm anxious to see how many of the existing orders are dropped by the Nov deadline, and when Ford opens up the order banks for brand new 2023 orders..... that will tell us where Ford's heart is.... to take care of existing orders or take new orders and let us wait yet another year or three.
I'm optimistic Ford will do the right thing, putting a positive end to the mess they've produced.
Sponsored