First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fj cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes bronco raptor. Yes those exact cables. I didn’t splice the wires I just shoved them through to connect them. Half way in the install I noticed the amp motors stopped working and it was due the wires getting loose. Which might happen again.

IMG_1958.jpeg

IMG_1959.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

roatanbronco

Raptor
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi R8, 23 corvette Z06, bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Excellent! I followed the instructions for the install and powered up after complete and the boards went up and apparently jammed. I disassembled yesterday and had to carefully pry the motors away from the swing arms. I am going to power just the motors like you did today and see what happens. Also my led’s never lit, but I could never get them to go down.
Thanks so much for sharing what you’re doing !! I hope your install goes without incident
Dave

dblotb

Raptor
First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fj cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah I would take off the motors and test it with just the motors. You might of installed the motors wrong. I still didn’t install the lights. I ran out of time.

dblotb

Raptor
First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fj cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Also check your fuse. You might of burnt it out.

OP
OP

roatanbronco

Raptor
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow, after repeated attempts to trouble shoot without luck and after being told by AMP their power steps will NOT work on the Bronco Raptor. I figured out the problem was a posi-tap connector. Even though I had stripped the coating from the attaching orange/grey and purple wires ensuring a good connection one of the posi-taps still didn’t make connection. Only after I butt spliced a new wire to the orange and grey wire and make a direct connection did it work!

Sponsored
OP
OP

roatanbronco

Raptor
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Wow, after repeated attempts to trouble shoot without luck and after being told by AMP their power steps will NOT work on the Bronco Raptor. I figured out the problem was a posi-tap connector. Even though I had stripped the coating from the attaching orange/grey and purple wires ensuring a good connection one of the posi-taps still didn’t make connection. Only after I butt spliced a new wire to the orange and grey wire and make a direct connection did it work!
Glad you figured it out. No surprise, the culprit was due to your modifications to the factory harness. I HATE those T-taps and other crimp on connections. Splice, soldier, waterproof & wire loom is how factory harnesses should be modified.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

posi-tap connectors suck always have issues with them seating correctly.
Sponsored