First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2DR Bronco FE, ‘04 Boxster S, ‘22 MDX A-Spec
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Another option, if you are truly torn would be the all new Rigid D-Series SAE light that offers both amber and white in one white. You can run them independent of one another or together.

50482-sae-dseries-dualcolor-pair-01.jpg

2_-_d-series_sae_fog_yellowwhite_pair-lifestyle-01.jpg

2_-_d-series_sae_fog_yellowwhite_pair-lifestyle-02.jpg

2_-_d-series_sae_fog_yellowwhite_pair-lifestyle-03.jpg

Effectively, you'd have the option for 6000K white lights, 3000K yellow lights, or a mix of both for approximately 4500K which would give you that old school halogen headlight color vs today's 6000K LED headlights.

You bring up a good point here and something I touched on in my post above. There was definitely a reason why headlight colors stayed around 4300K (warm white) for so long. Halogen headlights were that color and most factory equipped HIDs were 4300K, both my 2013 Raptor and my 2021 GT500 had 4300K HIDs from the factory.

As everything has moved to LED, the color temperature has gone from warm white to cool white for aesthetic purposes. But unfortunately, that cool white color temperature at 6000K has relatively poor performance, especially in heavy rain.

On my daily driver, 2019 F-250, I have the factory LED headlights and also have a 40" Baja Designs OnX6 Arc light bar in the bumper and a pair of XL80s on the A-pillars with amber lenses in them. On Thanksgiving last year, I was traveling to see some relatives who live in the country. We were driving through a pretty tremendous downpour and the roads were empty. My headlights made virtually zero difference. I flipped on my white light bar and it was bright, but it was also relatively blinding and lit up the incoming rain. However, when I turned on the yellow XL80s, it heavily reduced the reflectiveness. I found the best setup was running them together. Baja Designs white lights burn at 5000K and the amber XL80s burn at 3000K, giving me a roughly 4000K color temperature and I found that to be pretty much perfect.

All this to say, there's something to be said about the magic balance of warm white light and I think with the factory Bronco headlights burning at 6000K, adding some yellow fogs for visibility at in snow, fog, or heavy rain gives you the best of both worlds for greater visibility.
So has anyone installed these Rigid D-series?
Sponsored

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 24 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's lots of threads as well as web resources to research on this but you're going to end up with a similar batch of recommendations.

Check the Baja Designs support/help if you haven't yet. They've got some good articles on lighting temp (color) and zones that may give some help understanding.

@Baja Designs is also active here and seems more than willing to help.

Not intended to take anything away from our other vendors; just supplementing.

Drjkw

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2DR Bronco FE, ‘04 Boxster S, ‘22 MDX A-Spec
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wondering if these fit in the Modular bumper as a single fog light. And if there’s a wiring harness ready made that works with Aux switches.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wondering if these fit in the Modular bumper as a single fog light. And if there’s a wiring harness ready made that works with Aux switches.
The D-Series are not very popular these days. Not with the quality you get from Baja Designs and the optic options and back-lighting option from Diode Dynamics.

We used to sell a bit of Rigid years ago but these days, not a lot of folks are running Rigid. Still a good brand (I'm not a fan of their poor packaging though, if you know you know). But for the price, you can get much better lights.

Baja Designs and Diode both allow the end-user to swap out the lenses if you ever wanted to change patterns.

Baja has a lifetime warranty like Rigid, compared to 8 years with Diode Dynamics.

Baja and Rigid are not made in the USA anymore (Mexico for Baja, i BELIEVE Mexico for Rigid also). Diode are made in the USA.

On a modular bumper ya don't really see too many folks doing a single fog light per side. You CAN, it's just a lot of EMPTY SPACE. We do sell single fog kits (it's an ala carte kit, brackets + harness + lights).

You COULD do Rigid if you wanted of course, our brackets are universal. But as I said, the fan favorites are Baja and Diode.
Sponsored