Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster48
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No hate here for the 4 door, just having fun. Everyone has an opinion and it sometimes gets out of hand, but you know what they say about options, just like @ss holes everyone has one! There are definitely things that are better with a 4 door over a 2 door, I just haven't found them, but that's my opinion!šŸ˜…
4 doors for more whores!
38 and 2 door owner here. No kids just my wife and I so I don't really need the extra room. With the rear seats folded down you can fit a good bit.
Sponsored

Sgt Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
46 and 2 door. 2 kids graduated. Now 2 young boys left. Wife has the bigger family hauler.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you scroll waaay back in this thread I commented on the two door phenom once before. I too couldn't figure out what all the fuss was about, and why were they yelling? Then I figured it out(i think).

Two door people fall into a number of passionate groups. Passionate singles, DINKS, empty nesters, and minimalists. The other group are the second level Bronco purists (first levels are still in Generations 1-5), also passionate, the type that fits a family of five in a two doorFoThe commonality of all these types is thier passionate adherence to the two door life, and I'm envious on some level.

Four door owners are pragmatic, with the Bronco being the least pragmatic thing in thier lives. They all have four door reasons, which are usually different from the other guy's four door reasons. We just don't coalesce into a cohesive group, or we wouldn't have but for the passion of the two door people.

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you scroll waaay back in this thread I commented on the two door phenom once before. I too couldn't figure out what all the fuss was about, and why were they yelling? Then I figured it out(i think).

Two door people fall into a number of passionate groups. Passionate singles, DINKS, empty nesters, and minimalists. The other group are the second level Bronco purists (first levels are still in Generations 1-5), also passionate, the type that fits a family of five in a two doorFoThe commonality of all these types is thier passionate adherence to the two door life, and I'm envious on some level.

Four door owners are pragmatic, with the Bronco being the least pragmatic thing in thier lives. They all have four door reasons, which are usually different from the other guy's four door reasons. We just don't coalesce into a cohesive group, or we wouldn't have but for the passion of the two door people.
That's a mouth full and you may be right, but I just think the 2 door looks way better, the way a Bronco is supposed to look! I fall into your first group, empty nesters, just the wife and me and the 2 door has plenty of room. And it just looks better!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Four door owners are problematic, with the Bronco being the least problematic thing in thier lives. They all have four door reasons, which are usually different from the other guy's four door reasons. We just don't coalesce into a cohesive group, or we wouldn't have but for the passion of the two door people.
There, fixed it for you.

Sponsored

HopeHawk76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
47. Family of 5 so the 4-door was really the only option for me.

The oldest of the kids is a 16YO girl and fell in love with the bronco very quickly. So now I also own a 2-door Big Bend.

Ironically, the 16YO likes the look of the my SAS BL 4dr better than her non-SAS 2dr BB. In general though, I wanted to control cost and wanted her to experience a 2dr at a stage of life where it was doable.

jayr1959

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK 2DR 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
64 hit 65 in 3 months retiring in September. Wife and no kids. 2 door has plenty of space with the seats down.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2dr, more maneuverable, looks better (in my opinion), back seat access worse than a 1960s VW Beetle so only useful for 2 adults, small gas tank, less storage, rougher ride on highway.

4dr, less maneuverable, usable back seat so can carry 5 adults, more storage, larger gas tank and smoother ride so it's better for longer trips, stores more. Also more stable when towing a trailer.

I think the 2dr is more of a specialized vehicle, the 4dr is more general purpose and more versatile.

It's all in what you intend to use it for once you divorce your self image from the kind of vehicle you drive.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

53, 2-dr all the way. Looks better in my opinion, more nimble in daily driving, long doors are better for taller drivers, etc. The biggest negative of the 2-dr is the miniscule fuel tank, which I admit is a major pain on long drives. All of this has been beaten to death. More importantly: At this point in my life I've decided to only buy impractical vehicles. :) Nothing against 4-drs, though, I'm glad they exist because without them Ford wouldn't have developed the new Bronco.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
70. 2dr. We like the look better. Have our old 4Dr SUV for backup. I don't understand some of the divisiveness but that seems to be SOP in America. Then again, I never understood the Horde vs Alliance thing either. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Sponsored

Medic2586

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
60 and got a call from dealer who knew I was interested. 4 door because Iā€™m gonna drive this truck with the family and top down/off! Plus, the extra room is nice

EQ3000

Outer Banks
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So Iā€™m kind of curious, Iā€™ve been reading this forum for, I donā€™t know, two or three months, and Iā€™m really surprised there isnā€™t more 2-Door purchasers.
so Iā€™m just wondering what AGE is of most people buying a
2 door and a 4 -door,
because I think itā€™s a generational thing now.

When I was a kid you were your father or grandfather if you were driving a four-door. same with my dad! Of course I grew up in a HotRod Family (30ā€™-50ā€™s Cars)
So I was always told that 2 doors is what you want.

Maybe I was brainwashed, or a product of my time, but I always thought the 2 Doors look way better than 4 doors
(as far as proportions and everything)
and all those extra posts and windows!
Especially the vehicle like a Bronco because of the short wheelbase. You have to jack up a four-door way higher in order to have the same clearance.

biggest thing for me is I have the mindset of

2-door Means Freedom
4-Door means Baggage

Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™m glad that young folks nowadays wanna include their family on a lot of stuff, but I still think Guys need to have their OWN freedom sometimes, and ā€œGirlsā€Too I guess!!!

So mostly this is just out of curiosity

Iā€™m 52 and I love2doors
What did tou order and how old are you?
Thanks Rick

44 and went with the 2dr for a few reasons... Mainly because the 4dr wouldn't fit in my garage and secondly the overall look of the 2dr is just nicer in my opinion. Growing up watching OJ in his white 2dr running from the cops I always was fond of how they looked. Plus most of the restores you see are of 1st Gen Broncos which resemble 6th gen the most and all the coolest looking restores are 2dr. Lastly I don't have kids so getting in and out of the back wouldn't be an issue. If I had a family, I might of went with the 4dr, but still debatable.
Sponsored