First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Went from soft top to a TOR hard top. I have about 1000 miles on it now. A lot of the miles are above 60mph and it is significantly quieter than the rag top. I have zero complaints so far. Communication, shipping, install and quality were all great for me. I had to tighten the clips and bolts a few times but that was expected. I really like how well the black matches the factory black parts.
Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hard Tops - please share pics and experience IMG_3106

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hard Tops - please share pics and experience IMG_3108

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hard Tops - please share pics and experience IMG_3109
Sponsored

OP
OP
WILDcardOD

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Went from soft top to a TOR hard top. I have about 1000 miles on it now. A lot of the miles are above 60mph and it is significantly quieter than the rag top. I have zero complaints so far. Communication, shipping, install and quality were all great for me. I had to tighten the clips and bolts a few times but that was expected. I really like how well the black matches the factory black parts.

Love seeing this on a wildtrak 👌🏻 how easy or not is it to remove that front section being one piece?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Looking good man! That RTR light bar is my next Mod 😁

Moose Knuckles

Big Bend
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2023
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here you go buddy! I installed it this winter. No issues thus far. Quiet compared to the soft top. I strongly recommend this hard top. Customer service is awesome!!!

Sponsored

LarryBirdsFace

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Armadillo top is designed to not be taken off like the OEM top. It can, but the way it is designed, it would not be optimal. That is why it has large open roof panels, and both the gullwing and the rear window can be removed easily for that Safari lifestyle. The sound deadening on that top is really really good. I was sent a sample of the top running down the highway at 75 and 63 decimal readings. By the by they have a lightbar as well.

With production beginning now, I expect to get my top next month. As with all things I do I will have a full write-up, good or bad, here. I have been on the Armadillo journey since they announced it, and they have kept me well informed. From revisions and retakes I feel they have arrived at the best possible position and with their showing of the top to known aftermarket shops, and potential customers, I think they will be successful with the top.

I for one will be anxiously awaiting your review of the Armadillo. Especially on how easy it is to get the gullwings and rear window off. With the slant back, and the super large removable panels it will really not be that much different than a soft top all the way back.
I keep hoping they will release a version with flush windows, and not the protruding, bulge look of the rear and gullwing, but even with that "preference" I still think it's the best looking option out there, and one of the most functional, lightweight, too. With the KC's that I run, I think the cowling on the Armadillo at the top of the windsheild would really help with the wind, too.

It's a pricey one, but it really checks all the boxes. I think I might jump on the ordering once they start shipping.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I keep hoping they will release a version with flush windows, and not the protruding, bulge look of the rear and gullwing, but even with that "preference" I still think it's the best looking option out there, and one of the most functional, lightweight, too. With the KC's that I run, I think the cowling on the Armadillo at the top of the windsheild would really help with the wind, too.
Hey thanks! You and me both are anxiously waiting!

Armadillo does offer flush windows instead of the gull wings, it is an option on the order form. They are pushing the gull wings though, as that is what sets their top apart from others. In an interview, I think with GasMonkeys, it was asked about a solid window and how it would look without the gullwing.

For me, I wanted the gullwing, and yes, that is one of the reasons I chose the Armadillo top.

Hedrock

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr EG Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, I think owe the Youtube world a follow-up video, but here is a video I made the day I picked up my Turn Offroad hardtop:

Some things I'd now say:

It's got a few noises I'd like to eliminate, but generally no issues there.
It's a ton quieter than the OEM soft-top, like, ALOT.
The slant in the back has ZERO measurable impact on my storage space, i can fit more stuff in than before with the soft-top.
Packing has been easier in a hard top than a soft top.
The TrailRax roof rack fits well with it, overhangs a touch, but it looks kinda cool that way.
I've needed to adjust the front latches a few times now, I probably need to do it one more time. Visually they're not great looking but functionally absolutely nothing wrong with them. I forget they are even there.

Turn and Anderson products are both nice looking, get the one that matches the functionality you want. Both have wait times, but aren't vaporware like ADV, or just watch the forums like a hawk for an OEM top.
Do you have any pictures you can share of the top with the Trailrax on it? Curious what it looks like with the overhang

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was a ADV prepaid order holder for about 6 months, canceled last November and got on TORs list. My review is just like the others, so I will just say I have no regrets. Both tops are getting good reviews, you probably can't go wrong with either. Each has its own advantages. The TOR will save you about $2K

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hard Tops - please share pics and experience IMG_20240306_085023733_HDR
Ford Bronco Aftermarket Hard Tops - please share pics and experience IMG_20240306_085050166_HDR

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
One thing I like about the TOR is its truly one piece construction aside from the Targa of course. The sides, top and back are all constructed as a single unit and there isn't any seams. It looks to me like this is not the case on the others including OEM.
Sponsored