First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' F 350
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just ordered an Anderson Composites white hardtop through BMC Extreme Customs. Bruno at BMC seems very knowledgable about the product. A few tidbits and updates I learned from my discussions with him and the folks at Anderson:
  • BMC alone has delivered 11 Anderson hardtops to date. One of the earliest ones had an issue with a gasket (I think on the rear window) coming unglued from the frame. I think the owner may be on this forum actually. Anderson determined that they were not allowing the glued gaskets to cure long enough so they are now building an additional 2 weeks into the lead time to allow them to cure longer.
  • Current lead time is approximately 6 months. I placed on order on October 12th and received notification the next day that expected delivery date is April 26th. BMC indicated that early orders were shipping with a lead time of 3 to 4 months but most recent orders have been in the 6 month range.
  • The UAW strike could, of course, impact lead times, but Anderson has indicated to BMC that it is making progress in qualifying alternative suppliers for some of the Ford OEM parts.
  • At present, BMC is the only dealer that will facilitate shipments of Anderson hardtops to a residential address.
  • Payment in full is no longer required at the time of order! Given the long lead times, Anderson no longer requires it. Now, BMC will issue a temporary "pending" charge at the time of order for the full amount against your credit card to ensure you have enough available credit to purchase the top. It does not transition, however, from pending to payment and the pending charge eventually falls off of your statement after a week or two. Once your hardtop is ready for production, BMC will contact you and ask for permission to then charge your card for the full amount. This is obviously a much more attractive model than what ADV is currently doing.
  • Total cost to me is approximately $7k delivered. Anderson is in CA and I live there as well. Consequently, I am subject to the state sales tax that many of you would not have to pay which makes up $500-$600 of my above cost. Also baked into that cost is optional damage insurance and white glove delivery to my door for additional fees.
Hope some of you in the market find the above helpful!

That rear window thing was me. It was the trim piece at the bottom of the window. I glued it back myself and its still on with no problems.
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still going over it, but so far it's look really good.
Good to hear considering how poor the paint was on the white top posted on here.

royruiz

Black Diamond
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered black not white.
Paint is paint regardless of color. They could have just as easily messed up the black as they did the white.

Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We were the first to get one I believe back in April last year right before super cel East. Still no regrets.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands