Sponsored

Aftermarket 9" rear-end housing assemblies kit by Currie or Dana?

mountainbiker90

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Bronco, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@HoosierDaddy , saw that in another thread a while back but I'd like to see how they hold up out on the trails! Big unknown for me right now. I've got a pretty good idea of what a D44 can withstand. I don't anticipate being the guinea pig though. Maybe in a few years when they can be found as salvage easier. I think Ford will have plenty of escape clauses in their warranty paperwork.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

does anyone know the spline count on the stock halfs yet? I know my 9 stuff very well just curious where Ford put the starting point.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

does anyone know the spline count on the stock halfs yet? I know my 9 stuff very well just curious where Ford put the starting point.
Heavy-duty front portal hubs from 74 Weld are mounted to Triton Engineering control arms with heavy-duty Howe hydraulic steering rack with cooler. A factory Danaā„¢ AdvanTEK e-locking differential with RCV custom halfshafts deliver front wheel torque. In back, Triton Engineering rear links support a Dynatrac ProRock XD60Ā® axle with an ARB 35-spline Air LockerĀ® and Spidertrax Spider 9ā„¢ axle shafts and hubs. Ford Performance supplies modified front and rear modular steel bumpers and a WarnĀ® ZEONĀ® winch, while RIGIDĀ® LED off-road lights improve night vision. A custom roll cage by Geiser Brothers and first-ever FIA off-road-certified race shells from RecaroĀ® are added inside.

This was taken from the 4600 build from Ford Performance. I would say stock is 30/33 spline ?? Looks like the aftermarket upgraded stuff is 35.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Heavy-duty front portal hubs from 74 Weld are mounted to Triton Engineering control arms with heavy-duty Howe hydraulic steering rack with cooler. A factory Danaā„¢ AdvanTEK e-locking differential with RCV custom halfshafts deliver front wheel torque. In back, Triton Engineering rear links support a Dynatrac ProRock XD60Ā® axle with an ARB 35-spline Air LockerĀ® and Spidertrax Spider 9ā„¢ axle shafts and hubs. Ford Performance supplies modified front and rear modular steel bumpers and a WarnĀ® ZEONĀ® winch, while RIGIDĀ® LED off-road lights improve night vision. A custom roll cage by Geiser Brothers and first-ever FIA off-road-certified race shells from RecaroĀ® are added inside.

This was taken from the 4600 build from Ford Performance. I would say stock is 30/33 spline ?? Looks like the aftermarket upgraded stuff is 35.
yeah I saw the specs on the portals and 4600 info. I signed up for 74 Weld. I would agree I could see the stockers in the 30-33 range.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep uses the upgraded (stronger) Dana parts.

And, Spicer/Dana offers bolt in "crate" axles (D44 and D60) for most Jeep models (they offer them with and without brackets for customized installed or direct bolt-in installs). They will be available for the Bronco as well. There will be plenty of people putting an Ultimate D60 in their Bronco, directly.

Last edited:

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ran 37" tires on my 2003 Rubicon with the stock axle housing for years and upwards of 60,000 miles. I was no where near gentle with it and eventually did a full season of Rock Crawling competitions. I only upgraded the axle shafts. In this time, I snapped 1 rear shaft and 2 fronts. The fronts were both at full lock and the Spicer U-Joint went, and that caused the ears on the shaft to explode. On a Jeep the repair time is minimal and easy enough to do on the trail. I just always carried the stock ones as spares and to save time, had them already mated with the hub.

The Bronco Axle Tubes are thicker than the 2003 Jeep Dana 44. As such, I think most people would be more than fine with upgrading the axle shafts and call it a day. No need to do a full axle swap.

This is what I want for the rear, which in turn will strengthen the axle housing.
The brackets for rear trac bars take a lot of stress and this eliminates that and increases rear articulation by a ton.
https://www.claytonoffroad.com/prod...series-rear-long-arm-upgrade-kit-1997-2006-tj

Ford Bronco Aftermarket 9" rear-end housing assemblies kit by Currie or Dana? 1612804488426

Ford Bronco Aftermarket 9" rear-end housing assemblies kit by Currie or Dana? 1612804451212

OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great stuff here everyone. Portals, spider 9 ifs, full float d60/9 hybrids, ohh my!​
I would personally love aluminum 9s and portals, some minor suspension re engineering, and some huge boggers!​
Sponsored