Sponsored

Advice needed - after the installs (exhaust, CAI, Procal tune) -- performance gains underwhelming

markp5

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reaching out to the group for some advice. I installed a Flowmaster Outlaw exhaust a month or so ago and really like the sound - loud. I had the dealer install the Ford Performance Procal tune and the K & N CAI on Friday, along with enabling Sport mode on my Badlands. Question - I am not as impressed with the performance gain as I thought I would be. Was I expecting too much or have the total of the parts worked against each other to some extent.
Sponsored

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same - it's somewhat underwhelming. It's a mild tune with a little improvement in shifting, but the HP gains are meh. I run in sport mode and along with the tune, I'm happy enough with that. Aftermarket tunes will provide substantially more performance gains, but at a risk... I know the tunes that I run in my F150 3.5 EB are very impressive - don't expect those kind of gains from a Ford tune. I bought the Procal as much for the other features as for the tune...

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The boost on the 2.3 is a bigger jump than the 2.7 - so there is that for those on the v6, it doesn’t net quite as big of an improvement, percent from stock.

OP
OP
markp5

markp5

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same - it's somewhat underwhelming. It's a mild tune with a little improvement in shifting, but the HP gains are meh. I run in sport mode and along with the tune, I'm happy enough with that. Aftermarket tunes will provide substantially more performance gains, but at a risk... I know the tunes that I run in my F150 3.5 EB are very impressive - don't expect those kind of gains from a Ford tune. I bought the Procal as much for the other features as for the tune...
What other cool features did you find?

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What other cool features did you find?
  1. Auto stop/start disable
  2. Ease of changing tire sizes as I have a couple sets that I swap depending on conditions - I find it easier than Forscan
  3. Change axle/FDU ratio up to 5.38
  4. FP steering rack support