First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I can understand that, and resonate with that message.

I've worked with a fair amount of people in the industry and I've kept it on post testing. It's better than the stock one by far.

One thing I'm a fan of is doing things right, and I can tell you that their team is and those changes are to give you the best possible product.

It's a very hard decision that they had to make, and they wouldn't have made it if it wasn't what was best for everyone. Most importantly what was best for the customers.
Very cool, and an AWESOME motivational post!

That said, can you provide a little more specific detail on "I've worked with a fair amount of people in the industry...", and "It's better than the stock one by far"?
Sponsored

4XMORE

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Very cool, and an AWESOME motivational post!

That said, can you provide a little more specific detail on "I've worked with a fair amount of people in the industry...", and "It's better than the stock one by far"?
For sure, many of the people that go on my club runs have seen a few of the projects Iā€™ve worked on in person. Many projects go under most radars since they are smaller brands. Since a lot of testing is working out the kinks, I donā€™t post or discuss them unless they ask me to. I've been privileged to work with and support SVC, SDI, AGS, Fast Intentions and obviously ADV to name the big ones. Krazy House Customs recently gave me early access to the new bump stop system and few other goodies Iā€™m running now. If things work out for me this year, you might even see my personal line released for everyone to use.

Regarding the quality of the ADV top compared to stock,....where do I start. The ADV top is a closed cell foam filled top that is properly laminated on all the edges. The closed cell foam reduces the exterior road noise, adds significant strength, bonds better to the exterior shell material, offers better insulation but most importantly fixes the sheer force issues that the stock hard top is seeing creating the delamination issues from flex and water intrusion. The stock paper core isnā€™t a good choice for a core IMO. The cab on these rigs flexes a lot, that's why the raptor has a stiffening brace. Iā€™ve been through a lot of stock tops, fortunately covered under warranty. Most of them are failing in the same areas due to chassis flex IMO, that Ford and some people think are water issues. Which some of them are, but that to me is a symptom of what's going on, and the problem is likely the flex in the cab breaking the bonds of the glue and destroying the seams IMO.

The ADV top is a much more rigid construct and helps support the overall cab stiffness. It doesn't make noises like the stock one does. I relate it to an exoskeleton for the truck since its stiffer and it feel like it stiffens up the cab a little. I also like the bolt together design. If you want to run a soft top during the summer, it makes it easier to store for a few months. It also doesn't have as many locations for possible futures leaks that the stock one will get with time, and comes with better quality rubber. I can keep going, there is so much about this top that makes it great.

Bluewheels

Black Diamond
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For sure, many of the people that go on my club runs have seen a few of the projects Iā€™ve worked on in person. Many projects go under most radars since they are smaller brands. Since a lot of testing is working out the kinks, I donā€™t post or discuss them unless they ask me to. I've been privileged to work with and support SVC, SDI, AGS, Fast Intentions and obviously ADV to name the big ones. Krazy House Customs recently gave me early access to the new bump stop system and few other goodies Iā€™m running now. If things work out for me this year, you might even see my personal line released for everyone to use.

Regarding the quality of the ADV top compared to stock,....where do I start. The ADV top is a closed cell foam filled top that is properly laminated on all the edges. The closed cell foam reduces the exterior road noise, adds significant strength, bonds better to the exterior shell material, offers better insulation but most importantly fixes the sheer force issues that the stock hard top is seeing creating the delamination issues from flex and water intrusion. The stock paper core isnā€™t a good choice for a core IMO. The cab on these rigs flexes a lot, that's why the raptor has a stiffening brace. Iā€™ve been through a lot of stock tops, fortunately covered under warranty. Most of them are failing in the same areas due to chassis flex IMO, that Ford and some people think are water issues. Which some of them are, but that to me is a symptom of what's going on, and the problem is likely the flex in the cab breaking the bonds of the glue and destroying the seams IMO.

The ADV top is a much more rigid construct and helps support the overall cab stiffness. It doesn't make noises like the stock one does. I relate it to an exoskeleton for the truck since its stiffer and it feel like it stiffens up the cab a little. I also like the bolt together design. If you want to run a soft top during the summer, it makes it easier to store for a few months. It also doesn't have as many locations for possible futures leaks that the stock one will get with time, and comes with better quality rubber. I can keep going, there is so much about this top that makes it great.
I appreciate your post and the details in it. It is the kind of thing that ADV needs to socialize better - that, and more transparency about production delays and sourcing. Also, I think getting more beta testers to provide some testimonials like yours. It's basically been dead air since early summer 2023.

It is clear that there has been a lot of thought put into producing a high quality top. But to enjoy that quality, one must have the top to use. I sincerely hope they ship Batch 1 in mid-January, otherwise I believe I'm finally going to bail on this journey.

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can understand that, and resonate with that message.

I've worked with a fair amount of people in the industry and I've kept it on post testing. It's better than the stock one by far.

One thing I'm a fan of is doing things right, and I can tell you that their team is and those changes are to give you the best possible product.

It's a very hard decision that they had to make, and they wouldn't have made it if it wasn't what was best for everyone. Most importantly what was best for the customers.
Most of us soft top owners are pulling for them. Just need transparent and accurate communication and less hype.
No problem with being positive, but give updates, be informative, and truthful.

Our MY21 was built and Delivered in ā€˜21. Most of us 6G owners of that era are the equivalent of a Beta Test group driving a prototype. Haha
I have had more recalls and updates than any other vehicle I have owned. Nothing fatal.

We love it and would do it again. I took delivery of my vehicle about a year earlier by switching to soft, so Iā€™m not upset that I switched from MIC as weā€™ve used it in some tremendous situations.

ADV would do well to include us on their journey with more communication because every 6G owner I know with a soft top, is pulling for them, as well as the other two manufacturers.

Sponsored

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wait, there hasn't been any scheduled deliveries yet?t
Hopefully we will start getting emails with shipping info on monday the 15th. A little update from them would help calm the natives. But they haven't done that yet. So why start. Very interesting that I don't see similar anxiety on bronco nation. There is certainly enough on this website.
Imagine if grumpy old man was still here. Wow, there would be fireworks

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
grumpy old man was still here. Wow, there would be fireworks
I remember that guy lol.

Interesting the beta testers are chiming in now. All ADV had to do was communicate honestly and maybe have some or even just one tester provide feedback since they have had them since June like they have in the last day or so. Why didn't ADV post links to their accounts? Something to give us order holders a reason to hold out. Would have really liked a one piece but I like doing business with a reputable company even better especially at a proper price point.

Still excited to see the one piece on your rig!

ALEXMURPHY

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hopefully we will start getting emails with shipping info on monday the 15th. A little update from them would help calm the natives. But they haven't done that yet. So why start. Very interesting that I don't see similar anxiety on bronco nation. There is certainly enough on this website.
Imagine if grumpy old man was still here. Wow, there would be fireworks
Maybe those people have that kind of money to throw away, when you consider I have given them a large percentage of the vehicles worth interest free and have to pull out excuses from them I say I have the right to be "anxious"

2 FN years for a hardtop, FN whole subdivisions get built in that time. To say it's worth the wait when the Bronco is racking up kms and it's life span is depleting. Fudge the top will be close to the value of my bronco by the time I get this damn thing.

Wouldn't be as bad if they were open honest and upfront from day FN one. Instead I got to inquire where my 10k Canadian has gone for 2 years.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like I said before, if a 100% deposit on something not in production didn't shout "red flag" to you, well a fool and their money are soon parted. $6000+ is not an amount of money most people can put out and wait months or years for results for. Sadly ADV may have may have done unrepairable damage to their reputation if nothing else because of lack of communication.

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I remember that guy lol.

Interesting the beta testers are chiming in now. All ADV had to do was communicate honestly and maybe have some or even just one tester provide feedback since they have had them since June like they have in the last day or so. Why didn't ADV post links to their accounts? Something to give us order holders a reason to hold out. Would have really liked a one piece but I like doing business with a reputable company even better especially at a proper price point.

Still excited to see the one piece on your rig!
I agree with your points.
When I was doing the communication with 6 sets of consultants during our cptr 11 filing, I made sure all the info,fcsts,updates went out promptly. This way they had Info all the time. I never in the miserable 6 months before the company was claimed, had any negative feedback.
Adv should have and should be doing the same proactive stance
Falls on deaf ears

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The number of times they've "adjusted" their messaging just to string customers along drives me nuts...
Yeah the chances of these shipping in January are

Ford Bronco ADV Production Modular Hardtop! 1704409709924

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe those people have that kind of money to throw away, when you consider I have given them a large percentage of the vehicles worth interest free and have to pull out excuses from them I say I have the right to be "anxious"

2 FN years for a hardtop, FN whole subdivisions get built in that time. To say it's worth the wait when the Bronco is racking up kms and it's life span is depleting. Fudge the top will be close to the value of my bronco by the time I get this damn thing.

Wouldn't be as bad if they were open honest and upfront from day FN one. Instead I got to inquire where my 10k Canadian has gone for 2 years.
I'm a fellow Canadian, and appreciate where you're coming from (albeit, you waited a bit longer than I did). I ended up getting a refund while I still could, and am awaiting Turn Off Road's top instead.

newsman9

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm basically gonna take the first white top that I can get, likely from one of these two providers. It'll be ADV if they stay on their timetable, but could be Turn if it goes anything beyond that (they've said roughly March-April for white tops). And I'm still watching Armadillo, whose tops will be made just down the road.

ALEXMURPHY

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm a fellow Canadian, and appreciate where you're coming from (albeit, you waited a bit longer than I did). I ended up getting a refund while I still could, and am awaiting Turn Off Road's top instead.
Yeah I'll wait till February then I'm pulling the plug.ill check that top out.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm basically gonna take the first white top that I can get, likely from one of these two providers. It'll be ADV if they stay on their timetable, but could be Turn if it goes anything beyond that (they've said roughly March-April for white tops). And I'm still watching Armadillo, whose tops will be made just down the road.
I had to stop following Armadillo on Instagram because they just kept posting the same photo of their slant back prototype with no discernible progress. They certainly had my interest for a minute there.
Sponsored