Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s up guys. I’m sitting here on a plane heading home from the desert where I was able to ride in and drive @DoYouBronco bronco with ADS coilovers. Figured I’d throw a review up to spread some more awareness of this company.

For those who haven’t heard of ADS, they’re a smaller, sort of boutique shock company based out of Tucson. They’re a huge name in the race community and they use the same race grade parts that they use in their trophy trucks when designing their OEM bolt in stuff. This stuff is TOP quality, I’m not lying. They also boast the most useable travel out of all of the options out for the bronco. Icon uses a different shock measurement so they’re disqualified lol. The corrosion resistance is arguably the best you can get as well.

First, I rode in a Braptor, so that set the bar pretty high for the high speed stuff. The bronco with ADS shocks was a beast, truly. I could 100% notice the difference in handling and quality compared to the OEM Bilsteins. The bottom out control was very impressive and most of the washboards were completely tolerable, even at street tire pressure. Now, it doesn’t take you to Braptor level of offroading, but it can definitely get you closer.

For the street, we had our compression adjusters set to around 14 in the front and about 8 in the rear. When we got to the desert, we bumped the adjusters up to fully firm, then dialed them back about 3 clicks to give a little more cushion and help reduce the chatter of the washboards. With 22 levels of compression adjustment, you can really start to fine tune your ride. These shocks made the bronco handle amazing and it was truly confidence inspiring. The whoops were buttery smooth, not intimidating…. Well maybe some were, but it still ate them up, nonetheless.

I think it’s safe to say ADS shocks will be my next upgrade and I strongly urge you to consider this route for your suspension upgrade. If you wheel, skip the cheap spacer lifts, bite the bullet, and go all in. ADS offers custom tuning for every bronco build out there, or you can buy an off the shelf kit to get you closer to dialing in your ride. They offer 2 different coilovers for 2/4dr broncos unlike other companies on the market that tend to just make a one-size-fits-all coilover, which that is never ever the case, ever. Anybody on this forum that’s running ADS shocks is satisfied with them. I’ve yet to ever hear of anybody regretting their decision. They are well worth the price tag.

If you are contemplating how to take your bronco to the next level, hit up Tyson @DoYouBronco with Hammer Built (yes, the same guys that make the tailgate reinforcement). That dude can answer any question and solve any problem you might have. He’s been building actual high performance desert trucks for years and has the experience to set you up right.

**I tried uploading some more videos and content but the files were too large**

IMG_6737.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: