First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello all, new member here and wanted to get some opinions. I’ve been watching the bronco pricing for the past couple months but, I’m not as well versed in it as many of you are. I’m about to pull the trigger on a 24 badlands Sasquatch. This one in particular is a FCTP vehicle and has about 1200 miles. Dealer is discounting it approximately 5k under MSRP and I’m also getting back $1000 because of the jeep conquest cash. Out the door for $64,500. Closest price I got in comparison of calling several other dealers was $67,800. A couple were over $70 out the door. What do you guys think about that? Sound decent or are there better deals to be had?

thanks for the advice
Sponsored

OP
OP

Andyprice44

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Manual or Auto? Sasquatch doesn't make much sense on a Badlands, especially if it's a manual.
It’s an auto. I didn’t order the vehicle. It’s on the lot so that’s what options it came with.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're going Sasquatch, you could get a 2024 Black Diamond brand new for less. You would only be losing out on the sway bar disco.

And if you're fine with used there isn't much difference between 1000 miles and 10,000 miles really, so you could save a lot of money by getting one with slightly higher miles.

What are you using the vehicle for? If you're not rock crawling, you could save a lot of money by getting a Black Diamond, if you are rock crawling then a Badlands without sasquatch has better articulation and you could save a lot of money by get one without sasq.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From what I've read on this forum and didn't know about Ford vehicles before, is that the engine needs to be broken in for the first 1000 miles or so. I have no idea if this is true, but I was very careful with it because better safe than sorry.

With that said, if it is true, there is no way people were taking it easy on that Bronco if it was a loaner or more likely used by an employee there.
So if you plan on keeping it long term - it's something to think about.
I have no idea if what I am saying is fact, but it is based on what I've read.

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello all, new member here and wanted to get some opinions. I’ve been watching the bronco pricing for the past couple months but, I’m not as well versed in it as many of you are. I’m about to pull the trigger on a 24 badlands Sasquatch. This one in particular is a FCTP vehicle and has about 1200 miles. Dealer is discounting it approximately 5k under MSRP and I’m also getting back $1000 because of the jeep conquest cash. Out the door for $64,500. Closest price I got in comparison of calling several other dealers was $67,800. A couple were over $70 out the door. What do you guys think about that? Sound decent or are there better deals to be had?

thanks for the advice
Sounds high to me. You need to list the build and options better.

I’d expect this is a Badlands, 2.7L, squatch, hard top, Lux, tow package vehicle.

if it’s any less a build, surf the market, they are out there in the low to mid 50’s

OP
OP

Andyprice44

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds high to me. You need to list the build and options better.

I’d expect this is a Badlands, 2.7L, squatch, hard top, Lux, tow package vehicle.

if it’s any less a build, surf the market, they are out there in the low to mid 50’s
yes you are correct on all the build options. I’ve not seen a 24 build like this under 60. MSRP is right at 69.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Way too much money for a Bronco, IMO. $40-$50k makes sense… above that not so much when you look at the quality of what you are buying. For $65-$70k I would buy a new Lexus GX all day over the Bronco.
Agreed. I just don't see value in $60k and $70k Broncos.
But that's just my opinion. Other folks apparently assign a lesser value to $70k than I do.
That coming from a Broncoholic who had four Broncos until very recently .... now it's just three. LOL

As the expression goes around here .... it's $30,000 vehicle build quality, with another $30 or 40k in wildly overpriced options.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

From what I've read on this forum and didn't know about Ford vehicles before, is that the engine needs to be broken in for the first 1000 miles or so. I have no idea if this is true, but I was very careful with it because better safe than sorry.
First - I would say with even 10k on the odometer there is still 50k worth of original factory warranty on the drive train - with the option to extend out more if you wanted to either pay for it or negotiate it in as part of the sale.

Second, these are the same engines getting used in Rangers, Mustangs, and F150s - nothing new or unusual here with these power plants. And the break-in on these is pretty generous / lenient on the newer engines. I don’t think it’s nearly as critical as it was back in the carbureted days.

Now - as a loaner, yeah it probably got redlined and dukes of hazarded a few times. But these things are kind of built for it.

I won’t comment on the price - that’s a judgement call. Just speaking to the break in and such. If it’s a worry, get them to throw in an extended warranty.

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And since you are new here, we have a cardinal rule you must live by without exception: once you buy your bronco, I don’t care if it is a bone stock trim or a Raptor clad in copious amounts of carbon fiber, you must share pictures!!!! Good luck, and whatever your choice, there are no bad broncos: they are all Steve MacQueen cool! Good luck!

Neilwins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yep, throw us some pics

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As the expression goes around here .... it's $30,000 vehicle build quality, with another $30 or 40k in wildly overpriced options.
You've pretty much described every truck available - midsize and fullsize.
Tacomas to F150s, not to mention Jeeps. It is the market place - pay to play.

As far as the expensive do-dads, really depends on you and how you're going to drive it. If it's your daily driver and you live in a 4 season state, and you have a family -Your wants out of a vehicle are very different from that of a single person living in a warm weather state who has multiple cars.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

thanks for the advice
Get this $5k under invoice. They have room to make it happen. It's not a bad deal, but you can possibly do better.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agreed. I just don't see value in $60k and $70k Broncos.
But that's just my opinion. Other folks apparently assign a lesser value to $70k than I do.
That coming from a Broncoholic who had four Broncos until very recently .... now it's just three. LOL

Yep as much as I love my 2 door Base Sasquatch which I paid 40K for, I would not have paid anymore for it. 60- 70K is plain absurd for any Bronco.
Sponsored