First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just purchased a new 2024 Bronco Badlands SAS 2.7 on 6/24/24. My wife and I were super excited to see what kind of adventure we could get into with this new vehicle, and it was our first big purchase together. We took a ~250mi trip to San Antonio for our first weekend with it and on 6/30/24 (6 days after purchase) we were on our way back home. We were driving down the highway then I felt the vehicle start to surge and lose power. Several warning lights came on and the vehicle lost almost all power and wouldn't keep speed. It felt like it was chugging. I managed to get off on the shoulder through traffic. The lights on the dash were the wrench, the engine light, the pre-collision assist light, and the stability control light. I shut off the vehicle and started it again and the lights went out. I would drive only a couple feet and all the errors would pop up again with very weak power and surging/chugging the whole time. The Ford app showed an alert for "Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power" along with 5x "Service Engine Soon" warnings, and a "Pre-Collision Assist Not Available" warning. There seemed to be another warning on the list but did not have any information in it. I used the app to request a tow but we waited and waited for it to find someone to take the job and it never found anyone. We were in the middle of nowhere Texas on a Sunday when everything is closed almost 200mi from home. Luckily a good samaritan passing by offered to help pull us to the next town where there happened to be a Ford dealership. I had to leave my car there and had family pick us up to get us back home.

This is very discouraging for a brand new vehicle that I haven't even owned for a week. I have done no offroad driving with it. I haven't even taken it out of 2H. The only mode I have used other than "normal" was "eco" (I liked it for the softer throttle response). I was in normal mode in this instance though since there were moderate to high traffic conditions. I texted my dealer and informed him of the situation, he told me that he was taking a few months off but that he would relay my message to the dealership in the morning. Well how convenient. I bought the car from a dealer that was not really near my hometown, I left the car at a totally different dealer, and I live somewhere else. So now I don't know who to discuss the issue with or how I am going to handle being out of a car for who knows how long. This is very disappointing and makes me feel very uncertain about this car.

I will try to post pictures of the errors and any other information I discover soon.
Good afternoon, I would like to take a look into your power loss further on my end. Could you please send us over a message with your VIN and mileage?
Sponsored

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yea, I tried. We submitted a request on the app to get towed. But it kept saying it was waiting to locate a contractor. After a while, it said it was not able to locate one but that the issue was being escalated. It was at least an hour before a passerby offered to pull us to the next town.
Oh wow that sucks. Sorry to hear! Sounds like a horrible experience

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I actually just received a call from the service department. They updated me and said they found the issue with a wire harness that was rubbing the drive shaft or something like that. They said something about a "christmas tree" wiring harness wasn't where it was supposed to be and rubbed the drive shaft causing a fault. He told me they are removing it now and are going to fix the wires. They expect to be done today. I just hope that there aren't any other hidden issues, I would still have to drive it another 160mi through Nowhere, TX to get home (much less drive back up there to get it).
Please keep us posted!

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
They’ll get it fixed in a jiffy. Just don’t lose the tow truck guy’s cell number.

Sponsored

BigJim1957

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT/CS, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just had to have my fuel pump replaced on my 2022 2.7L Badlands at 14,020 miles and two years of ownership. The dealer informed that mine was the fourth failed fuel pump the dealer had seen in the last three months. I hope Ford is doing some trend analysis for this issue.

OP
OP
Rjaced

Rjaced

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update: So I picked up my bronco and drove it 160mi home. It seems to have been fine. No errors or lights. It didn't seem like there were any power sensation issues. So I'm hoping it was just the wiring and that nothing else was damaged in the process of all this. One thing that I am not sure about is that it seems like the turbo isn't holding pressure like it was before under acceleration. Its like once it hits 8-9psi it dumps the pressure fast even without shifting or letting off the throttle. It almost looks like its hesitating to maintain a consistent boost. But I'm not feeling significant loss of power so maybe I'm just being paranoid. But what do I know, I've only had it for a week and I'm no forced induction expert lol. To be fair, everything seems smooth in the ride so just hoping that all this was just a hiccup in my build.
As for the final word from the Ford service guys that worked on it, the documentation they provided me stated that there were multiple codes but the main code was "P06A6" (PCM issue). Three retainers for the wire harness were left unattached from factory and harness 14405 fell onto drive shaft and wore through. Repaired multiple wires wore through.

Figured I would post our story here in case it helps anyone else out with similar issues. Hoping this is the end of any unexpected failures so my wife and I can get to enjoying exploring in our new bronco!

OP
OP
Rjaced

Rjaced

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just had to have my fuel pump replaced on my 2022 2.7L Badlands at 14,020 miles and two years of ownership. The dealer informed that mine was the fourth failed fuel pump the dealer had seen in the last three months. I hope Ford is doing some trend analysis for this issue.
Yea, I've been seeing a bit about the fuel pumps. I'm sorry to hear that you were one of the affected ones. I just hope that it's a design they improved on the recent model years.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just purchased a new 2024 Bronco Badlands SAS 2.7 on 6/24/24. My wife and I were super excited to see what kind of adventure we could get into with this new vehicle, and it was our first big purchase together. We took a ~250mi trip to San Antonio for our first weekend with it and on 6/30/24 (6 days after purchase) we were on our way back home. We were driving down the highway then I felt the vehicle start to surge and lose power. Several warning lights came on and the vehicle lost almost all power and wouldn't keep speed. It felt like it was chugging. I managed to get off on the shoulder through traffic. The lights on the dash were the wrench, the engine light, the pre-collision assist light, and the stability control light. I shut off the vehicle and started it again and the lights went out. I would drive only a couple feet and all the errors would pop up again with very weak power and surging/chugging the whole time. The Ford app showed an alert for "Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power" along with 5x "Service Engine Soon" warnings, and a "Pre-Collision Assist Not Available" warning. There seemed to be another warning on the list but did not have any information in it. I used the app to request a tow but we waited and waited for it to find someone to take the job and it never found anyone. We were in the middle of nowhere Texas on a Sunday when everything is closed almost 200mi from home. Luckily a good samaritan passing by offered to help pull us to the next town where there happened to be a Ford dealership. I had to leave my car there and had family pick us up to get us back home.

This is very discouraging for a brand new vehicle that I haven't even owned for a week. I have done no offroad driving with it. I haven't even taken it out of 2H. The only mode I have used other than "normal" was "eco" (I liked it for the softer throttle response). I was in normal mode in this instance though since there were moderate to high traffic conditions. I texted my dealer and informed him of the situation, he told me that he was taking a few months off but that he would relay my message to the dealership in the morning. Well how convenient. I bought the car from a dealer that was not really near my hometown, I left the car at a totally different dealer, and I live somewhere else. So now I don't know who to discuss the issue with or how I am going to handle being out of a car for who knows how long. This is very disappointing and makes me feel very uncertain about this car.

I will try to post pictures of the errors and any other information I discover soon.
Had maybe the same issue last Sunday. Bronco has been waiting on a fuel pump since Monday.

try to not let it bother you, breakdowns happen and I’ve had a great time with the car besides this issue.

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 24 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone more knowledgeable can expand but with my experience the turbo boost is controlled with the engine mapping with fuel-rpm etc and doesn’t necessarily drop/engage with shift points. You’ll see the boost come in and out at different rpm to balance load/demand and fuel consumption.

Someone correct me here But it doesn’t sound like your experience is unusual to me.

Sponsored
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited REB
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Have you fuelled up the vehicle after purchase ? Is it possible you got a load of bad gss ??

Wathoff24

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Wow, that sucks. and the dealer comment is unacceptable.

OP
OP
Rjaced

Rjaced

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you fuelled up the vehicle after purchase ? Is it possible you got a load of bad gss ??
The dealer gave it to me with a full tank. I filled up maybe 2-3 times prior to this incident (it does like its gas).

OP
OP
Rjaced

Rjaced

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, that sucks. and the dealer comment is unacceptable.
I still have not received a call from the dealer, they either did not get my message or ignored it. I don't think it's even worth pushing it with the original dealer, I'm sure they won't do anything about it especially now that the issue was repaired. I also am still waiting on my plates from the original dealer.

Wathoff24

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I still have not received a call from the dealer, they either did not get my message or ignored it. I don't think it's even worth pushing it with the original dealer, I'm sure they won't do anything about it especially now that the issue was repaired. I also am still waiting on my plates from the original dealer.
Yeah, I don't understand the dealerships. It may be a waste of time talking to them, but as a matter of principle and if you're going to go back to them for anything in the future, it might be good to have this incident on the vehicle record (with them). It took my dealer 2 weeks to get the paperwork to transfer the tag.
Sponsored