First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just purchased a new 2024 Bronco Badlands SAS 2.7 on 6/24/24. My wife and I were super excited to see what kind of adventure we could get into with this new vehicle, and it was our first big purchase together. We took a ~250mi trip to San Antonio for our first weekend with it and on 6/30/24 (6 days after purchase) we were on our way back home. We were driving down the highway then I felt the vehicle start to surge and lose power. Several warning lights came on and the vehicle lost almost all power and wouldn't keep speed. It felt like it was chugging. I managed to get off on the shoulder through traffic. The lights on the dash were the wrench, the engine light, the pre-collision assist light, and the stability control light. I shut off the vehicle and started it again and the lights went out. I would drive only a couple feet and all the errors would pop up again with very weak power and surging/chugging the whole time. The Ford app showed an alert for "Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power" along with 5x "Service Engine Soon" warnings, and a "Pre-Collision Assist Not Available" warning. There seemed to be another warning on the list but did not have any information in it. I used the app to request a tow but we waited and waited for it to find someone to take the job and it never found anyone. We were in the middle of nowhere Texas on a Sunday when everything is closed almost 200mi from home. Luckily a good samaritan passing by offered to help pull us to the next town where there happened to be a Ford dealership. I had to leave my car there and had family pick us up to get us back home.

This is very discouraging for a brand new vehicle that I haven't even owned for a week. I have done no offroad driving with it. I haven't even taken it out of 2H. The only mode I have used other than "normal" was "eco" (I liked it for the softer throttle response). I was in normal mode in this instance though since there were moderate to high traffic conditions. I texted my dealer and informed him of the situation, he told me that he was taking a few months off but that he would relay my message to the dealership in the morning. Well how convenient. I bought the car from a dealer that was not really near my hometown, I left the car at a totally different dealer, and I live somewhere else. So now I don't know who to discuss the issue with or how I am going to handle being out of a car for who knows how long. This is very disappointing and makes me feel very uncertain about this car.

I will try to post pictures of the errors and any other information I discover soon.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man that sucks. Many have had issues w/ the 2.7 fuel pump...seems like you have the symptoms.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wonder when the recalls will start for this. Stalling at random is no good.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's such a bummer, definitely seems like the fuel pump. Love the eruption green.

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Most def the fuel pump. Been happening to bunch of members with mostly the 2.7 engine so you’re not the only one. Sorry about your experience and don’t feel discouraged. Let me know if you want me to recommend dealerships in North Texas I’d be more than happy to

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fuel pumps and fuse box grounds have been major gremlins for the Bronco. Hopefully it gets sorted out quickly for you.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems like a fresh round of fuel pumps for the 24s. Hope they get it sorted soon. Don’t let it discourage you too much. The 2.7 is a good little motor. I’ve got 20,000 miles on mine. Has only had periodic mnx.

Neigh

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
Rjaced

Rjaced

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here are the error messages from Ford app:

Ford Bronco 6 days/700mi after purchase, loss of power breakdown on highway Screenshot_20240630_153330_FordPass
Ford Bronco 6 days/700mi after purchase, loss of power breakdown on highway Screenshot_20240630_153336_FordPass
Ford Bronco 6 days/700mi after purchase, loss of power breakdown on highway Screenshot_20240630_153341_FordPass
Ford Bronco 6 days/700mi after purchase, loss of power breakdown on highway Screenshot_20240630_153346_FordPass
Ford Bronco 6 days/700mi after purchase, loss of power breakdown on highway Screenshot_20240630_153352_FordPass
Ford Bronco 6 days/700mi after purchase, loss of power breakdown on highway Screenshot_20240630_153359_FordPass

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Also, in the future feel free to leverage Ford’s roadside assistance

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rjaced

Rjaced

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually just received a call from the service department. They updated me and said they found the issue with a wire harness that was rubbing the drive shaft or something like that. They said something about a "christmas tree" wiring harness wasn't where it was supposed to be and rubbed the drive shaft causing a fault. He told me they are removing it now and are going to fix the wires. They expect to be done today. I just hope that there aren't any other hidden issues, I would still have to drive it another 160mi through Nowhere, TX to get home (much less drive back up there to get it).

OP
OP
Rjaced

Rjaced

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, in the future feel free to leverage Ford’s roadside assistance
Yea, I tried. We submitted a request on the app to get towed. But it kept saying it was waiting to locate a contractor. After a while, it said it was not able to locate one but that the issue was being escalated. It was at least an hour before a passerby offered to pull us to the next town.

Mmart

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had a similar issue with my new bronco. Turned out the ground connector to the battery was loose.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I actually just received a call from the service department. They updated me and said they found the issue with a wire harness that was rubbing the drive shaft or something like that. They said something about a "christmas tree" wiring harness wasn't where it was supposed to be and rubbed the drive shaft causing a fault. He told me they are removing it now and are going to fix the wires. They expect to be done today. I just hope that there aren't any other hidden issues, I would still have to drive it another 160mi through Nowhere, TX to get home (much less drive back up there to get it).

Wow, glad to hear it wasn't the fuel pump. The harness rub was quite common on the 21s and 22s, but surprised to hear it's still happening in 24.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/wire-harness-rubbing-against-drivetrain.31935/

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

holy crap thats been an issue since 2021s with missing loom connectors.
Sponsored