Sponsored

2dr off-road and camping list (I fit it all topless with plenty of room to spare!). What's your list?

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the rain here ever stops for 2 days then I'll head back out on my next overnight adventure. I test packed up the 2dr with a few more items that I added since my last post and it all fits. Like I said before, I am solo and am using the front seat area but all I have there is a cooler and I am sure it could be moved to the rear if I wanted... I am topless so if you roll with the top on you'd be able to stack up and fit a lot more than I can.

Here is everything that was test fit into my topless 2dr (with pack location). I have 2 medium storage boxes that fit side by side on pass seat area)
  • 3 Person Tent (rear cargo area)
  • Tent Footprint (rear cargo area)
  • Sleeping Cot (rear seat area - on top of storage boxes)
  • Sleeping Pad (rear seat area)
  • Sleeping Bag (rear cargo area)
  • Camp Pillow (rear seat area)
  • Camp Chair (rear seat area - on top of storage boxes))
  • Camp Table (rear cargo area)
  • Jetboil Minimo (in storage box - rear seat area)
  • 1 frying pan, 1 plate, silverware etc. (in storage box - rear seat area)
  • 2 100g propane tanks for the Minimo (in storage box - rear seat area)
  • Yeti 8 cooler (front pass seat floorboard) I have a Yeti 18 on the way but it will also fit there.
  • Ignik Fire Can (rear cargo area)
  • 5lb Ignik Growler Propane Tank (rear cargo area)
  • Rain Gear Trail Cover (behind front driver seat. sandwiched between seatback and packed items)
  • Lantern, shovel, axe, flashlight, headlamp (some in storage box - rear seat area and some in rear cargo area)
  • Toiletries, dish washing soap, other small items. (in storage box - rear seat area)
  • Winch recovery gear (behind pass seat on floorboard)
  • Hoses etc. for Power Tank (behind driver seat on floorboard)
  • Ford 84pc tool kit (behind driver seat on floorboard)
  • Change of clothes (small backpack - front pass floorboard) (not shown in photos)
  • 2 gallon water jug (rear cargo area) (not shown in photos)
  • First aid kit (rear cargo area under storage mat)
  • Bear Spray (glovebox)
  • 10lb Power Tank
  • Fire Extinguisher
  • Garmin inReach Mini 2 (dash)
  • Rocky Talkie 5W GMRS Radio (dash)
  • Personal protection device (on my hip)
As you can see, I carry a decent amount of gear and have plenty of space left over... Even topless! Sorry for the cruddy images as they were taken inside my garage. Boo rain, boo!

Ford Bronco 2dr off-road and camping list (I fit it all topless with plenty of room to spare!). What's your list? data

Ford Bronco 2dr off-road and camping list (I fit it all topless with plenty of room to spare!). What's your list? data

Sponsored

Last edited:

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the rain here ever stops for 2 days then I'll head back out on my next overnight adventure. I test packed up the 2dr with a few more items that I added since my last post and it all fits. Like I said before, I am solo and am using the front seat area but all I have there is a cooler and I am sure it could be moved to the rear if I wanted... I am topless so if you roll with the top on you'd be able to stack up and fit a lot more than I can.

Here is everything that was test fit into my topless 2dr (with pack location). I have 2 medium storage boxes that fit side by side on pass seat area)
  • 3 Person Tent (rear cargo area)
  • Tent Footprint (rear cargo area)
  • Sleeping Cot (rear seat area - on top of storage boxes)
  • Sleeping Pad (rear seat area)
  • Sleeping Bag (rear cargo area)
  • Camp Pillow (rear seat area)
  • Camp Chair (rear seat area - on top of storage boxes))
  • Camp Table (rear cargo area)
  • Jetboil Minimo (in storage box - rear seat area)
  • 1 frying pan, 1 plate, silverware etc. (in storage box - rear seat area)
  • 2 100g propane tanks for the Minimo (in storage box - rear seat area)
  • Yeti 8 cooler (front pass seat floorboard) I have a Yeti 18 on the way but it will also fit there.
  • Ignik Fire Can (rear cargo area)
  • 5lb Ignik Growler Propane Tank (rear cargo area)
  • Rain Gear Trail Cover (behind front driver seat. sandwiched between seatback and packed items)
  • Lantern, shovel, axe, flashlight, headlamp (some in storage box - rear seat area and some in rear cargo area)
  • Toiletries, dish washing soap, other small items. (in storage box - rear seat area)
  • Winch recovery gear (behind pass seat on floorboard)
  • Hoses etc. for Power Tank (behind driver seat on floorboard)
  • Ford 84pc tool kit (behind driver seat on floorboard)
  • Change of clothes (small backpack - front pass floorboard) (not shown in photos)
  • 2 gallon water jug (rear cargo area) (not shown in photos)
  • First aid kit (rear cargo area under storage mat)
  • Bear Spray (glovebox)
  • 10lb Power Tank
  • Fire Extinguisher
  • Garmin inReach Mini 2 (dash)
  • Rocky Talkie 5W GMRS Radio (dash)
  • Personal protection device (on my hip)
As you can see, I carry a decent amount of gear and have plenty of space left over... Even topless! Sorry for the cruddy images as they were taken inside my garage. Boo rain, boo!

Ford Bronco 2dr off-road and camping list (I fit it all topless with plenty of room to spare!). What's your list? back

Thats my kind of camping. cover the basics and enjoy.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you feel like you can fit more with the seats up? Or do you just like the isolation it provides to keep stuff from moving around? When I'm packing it full of stuff I always put the seats down for extra room and ease of loading (this was a light load for hunting since my buddy carried the majority of our stuff in his F-150, but I don't have a picture of larger loads)

Ford Bronco 2dr off-road and camping list (I fit it all topless with plenty of room to spare!). What's your list? PXL_20221110_170948306.MP

OP
OP
raqball

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you feel like you can fit more with the seats up? Or do you just like the isolation it provides to keep stuff from moving around? When I'm packing it full of stuff I always put the seats down for extra room and ease of loading (this was a light load for hunting since my buddy carried the majority of our stuff in his F-150, but I don't have a picture of larger loads)

PXL_20221110_170948306.MP.jpg
With the top off I prefer the rear seats up as I can stuff and sandwich items between the front seatbacks and the rear seats.. It's also easier to get to the items I have stored on the rear seat floorboard area like my air tools, recovery gear and tool kit.

With the rear seats folded down you are losing a few inches of vertical space which to me, vertical space is more important as I want to stay below the body line.

I could fit a ton more with the top on and the rear seats folded down as I could stack up and bungie or strap things down. With the top off, you prob want to stay below the body line for the most part..

Sure I could still stack up above the body line with the top off and bungie or strap things down but I'd prefer to stay under the body line with the top off..

Hope that made sense..

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With the top off I prefer the rear seats up as I can stuff and sandwich items between the front seatbacks and the rear seats.. It's also easier to get to the items I have stored on the rear seat floorboard area like my air tools, recovery gear and tool kit.

With the rear seats folded down you are losing a few inches of vertical space which to me, vertical space is more important as I want to stay below the body line.

I could fit a ton more with the top on and the rear seats folded down as I could stack up and bungie or strap things down. With the top off, you prob want to stay below the body line for the most part..

Sure I could still stack up above the body line with the top off and bungie or strap things down but I'd prefer to stay under the body line with the top off..

Hope that made sense..
Yeah top off is definitely a factor so that makes a lot of sense. I've had convertibles for years so the novelty has worn off of top-down road trips, and I've camped without a tent because it departed the truck bed (either stolen or fell out, not sure which), so I'm a top on kind of guy anymore for long trips. You managed to cram a ton of stuff in there securely for topless, I'm impressed.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2dr off-road and camping list (I fit it all topless with plenty of room to spare!). What's your list? 1000003395

^ Before RTT.

I just switched to a RTT and TrailRax with PaxRaxs. This freed up a ton of room.

No more tent, sleeping mat or bedding/ sleeping bags. That is all self contained with the RTT.

Shovel, axe, water, and recovery boards are now on the PaxRaxs.

I bought smaller camp chairs.

Ford Bronco 2dr off-road and camping list (I fit it all topless with plenty of room to spare!). What's your list? 1000004022
Sponsored