First Name
Trever
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello everyone. I'm new to the group, but wanted to share my order story, which may make some upset who have been waiting for over a year, and I apologize ahead of time.

My wife and I placed an order for a base, 2 door, cactus grey with a few options, as we wanted to slowly build it how we'd like. The order was placed on January 12th, and we figured it would be at the end of summer at the earliest to see a build. Well.... to everyone's surprise, my dealership emailed yesterday and said our Bronco has been scheduled for the build week of 3/21/22. He emailed me a VIN and order number today, so I'm guessing this is pretty legit.

So there may be some context to the thought that if you want a Bronco NOW, maybe the Base model with few additions is the way to go. Now I fully understand time will tell if it actually gets built on 3/21 or if its going to get delayed, but non the less... This is by far the quickest time frame from order placed, to receiving a VIN and a build date that I have seen.

Good luck everyone, and I'll keep you all posted.

Trever
Sponsored

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello everyone. I'm new to the group, but wanted to share my order story, which may make some upset who have been waiting for over a year, and I apologize ahead of time.

My wife and I placed an order for a base, 2 door, cactus grey with a few options, as we wanted to slowly build it how we'd like. The order was placed on January 12th, and we figured it would be at the end of summer at the earliest to see a build. Well.... to everyone's surprise, my dealership emailed yesterday and said our Bronco has been scheduled for the build week of 3/21/22. He emailed me a VIN and order number today, so I'm guessing this is pretty legit.

So there may be some context to the thought that if you want a Bronco NOW, maybe the Base model with few additions is the way to go. Now I fully understand time will tell if it actually gets built on 3/21 or if its going to get delayed, but non the less... This is by far the quickest time frame from order placed, to receiving a VIN and a build date that I have seen.

Trever
Nice! I’ve been waiting, but it’s just a lottery now 🤷🏼‍♂️

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

KInda in the same boat, I have a reservation/order, but I went ahead and ordered another 2 dr base from a different dealer. We'll see what happens. Only option I went for was the modular bumper.

hunterg54

Base
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thats awesome. I also ordered a base 2 door but in august of 21. I called the dealer a couple days ago to make a change to the order only to find out it has a vin and it is scheduled for production on 3/4/22. Totally wasn't expecting that, I figured summer at the earliest. I wish I would have received an email from ford or there to be an update on my backdoor status link but oh well.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thats awesome. I also ordered a base 2 door but in august of 21. I called the dealer a couple days ago to make a change to the order only to find out it has a vin and it is scheduled for production on 3/4/22. Totally wasn't expecting that, I figured summer at the earliest. I wish I would have received an email from ford or there to be an update on my backdoor status link but oh well.
Nice Bronco II in your avatar! My first car was an 84 Bronco II.

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Congratulations! I ordered a base 2 door with the Sasquatch package, 2.7L and roof switches this week. Getting it anytime in 2022 would be great.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would not get too excited. I placed a reservation July 20 for my base, finally got a build week of 1/17 and a VIN. Then nothing. Hearing other people's stories about build and shipping delays, etc. who knows when it will get actually built, shipped and received at my dealership. I am hoping by June or July to actually get it. Then I will have waited "only" 2 years........

The other issue is the severe shortage of Micro-chips........

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base

Trever
I ordered my Base this past March and received my Build Date for March 14th.
Is your 2-door a 2.7 or 2.3?
I was told I could have had it by now if I had changed to the 2.3.

OP
OP

Trevtt600

Base
First Name
Trever
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would not get too excited. I placed a reservation July 20 for my base, finally got a build week of 1/17 and a VIN. Then nothing. Hearing other people's stories about build and shipping delays, etc. who knows when it will get actually built, shipped and received at my dealership. I am hoping by June or July to actually get it. Then I will have waited "only" 2 years........

The other issue is the severe shortage of Micro-chips........
Yeh... I've heard all theses stories which makes me skeptical... But its just a third fun vehicle for us, so if its delayed, its delayed. I'd be happy with it anytime this year.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Trevtt600

Base
First Name
Trever
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered my Base this past March and received my Build Date for March 14th.
Is your 2-door a 2.7 or 2.3?
I was told I could have had it by now if I had changed to the 2.3.
It's a base 2 door, 2.3 with the manual.

Waiting for 4th Bronco

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Mercedes C350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Trever
Happy for you, but yes, this is complete horse shit for those of us who have been waiting. My stats: 11/2020 reservation, 3/2021 order, 10/2021 re-order. Base, 2dr, non-squatch, 2.3L manual, roof rack, aux switches, front bumper, velocity blue.

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's a base 2 door, 2.3 with the manual.
Congrats.
I also have rims, tires, front bumper, lights in my shop waiting for my Bronco.

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Congrats on getting yours!

That said, I wouldn't bother switching to base. Plenty of people on here waiting 500plus days with similar numbers. I'm waiting on a base but I added sasquach so I know why they're not giving me mine despite waiting over 560 days lol.

It's basically a lottery but big congrats on having your number come up. If anything a reservation is a kiss of death. They know anyone who's waited 18 months will probably wait longer so I assume they're focusing on new orders who would be more likely to switch.

OP
OP

Trevtt600

Base
First Name
Trever
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Your Bronco Model
Base
Happy for you, but yes, this is complete horse shit for those of us who have been waiting. My stats: 11/2020 reservation, 3/2021 order, 10/2021 re-order. Base, 2dr, non-squatch, 2.3L manual, roof rack, aux switches, front bumper, velocity blue.
Mark, I 100% agree. There is absolutely no reason my truck should be build before yours or anyone else who has ordered before me and been waiting. I guess the dealership size and allotment may be a big factor in the order itself. I'm sorry you have been waiting so long...
Sponsored