Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some old Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

24 BL non sas owner here. A “too harsh” ride is subjective. I came from a civic Si which was incredibly stiff, so the Bronco feels like a much smoother ride to me. You can always buy other shocks if the ride is not to your liking.

With respect to the differences, in addition to your mentions, one I think the rear camera is longer on a sas to fit the different offset, so something to consider if you get different rims.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Buying a Bronco without SQ pkg is almost criminal
And '24 SQ includes the HOSS 3.0 steering rack

Trying to replicate SQ pkg with some aftermarket lift kit is silly. You'll never get all the suspension engineering/tuning Ford has put into the SQ Broncos. And your local 4WD shop could make a total mess of it. Then whaddaya have - way too many headaches

Adding 37's is very easy once you have a Bronco w SQ pkg
Incorrect. The 24 Badlands NON SAS includes the 3.0 steering rack. Sounds like you are not a fan of modding your vehicles LOL.

Classic28

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People type SAS incorrectly on this forum when it should be Sas or Sas'.
Because you or the jeep community says so?!? I’m pretty sure you’re the only one on a 6th gen Bronco forum that after reading op’s post thought he meant solid axle swap. How many are in existence, less then ten? Come on man

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Because you or the jeep community says so?!? I’m pretty sure you’re the only one on a 6th gen Bronco forum that after reading op’s post thought he meant solid axle swap. How many are in existence, less then ten? Come on man
We all know that the Jeep community stole SAS from the British Special Air Service that started in 1941

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because all caps = acronym or yelling in text.
Abbreviating a word by using all caps is simply incorrect.
SAS means solid axle swap to the entire 4x4 community, not just for Jeeps. 6G Broncos will eventually get solid axles swapped in, if it hasn't been done already.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
SAS means solid axle swap to the entire 4x4 community, not just for Jeeps. 6G Broncos will eventually get solid axles swapped in, if it hasn't been done already.
You must be a treat at the neighborhood BBQ....... Sorry Bbq

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Rumbloki keep your audience in mind, you’re addressing a bunch of former Subaru owners here that have a totally different perception of what off-road is…..lol

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Where did I say anything about Badlands ?

I said - '24 SQ includes the HOSS 3.0 steering rack
Which is correct

You're the one talkin about possible OBX or BD
Or maybe you're just contrary

Both our Broncos have mods to run 37's. The mods are not major since we started w SQ pkg
The title of this thread is - "2024 Badlands - to SAS or Not".

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BBQ is actually correct, and my neighbors are lame.
Why are you yelling?

Or are you contradicting yourself?🤔

Sponsored

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
And who brought up possible OBX or BD ?

Have some integrity
Snarky and contrary won't get you far
I did, but who made a post without using the quotations, so others know what he is referring to. Sounds like you haven't had your morning coffee yet, maybe you're a late sleeper.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't like WT interior. I can get the MGV interior without the Sasquatch package. $3200 seems to be too much money for a 5% higher gearing ratio, no?
Not if you're planning on going with bigger tires and relying on a slushbox for gear selection. 😁

Even if you swapped everything yourself, gearing and suspension, you are better off ordering the Sasquatch package from the factory. That will also allow you to run some 37s with just a max tire clearance kit and proper wheel offset.

I didn't know which interior you preferred.

For reference, I ended up with a non-squatch Badlands. The 33s really don't look like 33s with the proportions of the vehicle... the smallest 33s have ever looked, haha.

For MGV, I would recommend a Black Diamond Squatched and if you need an auto get the 2.7L. There's nothing wrong with the 2.3L and, especially, with the Ford Perf tune, it has almost the HP(335 vs 360) and a touch more Tq(385 vs 380) than the 5.0L V8 Coyote when it first went into the F150.

Pick by interior/options available, then add Sasquatch package unless WT, and enjoy!

Unless you're planning on throwing money at it for new suspension and regearing when you feel the power drop, the Sasquatch package is going to make you the happiest, soonest... in my opinion.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Snarky and contrary won't get you far
I beg to differ.

There's no contradiction here.

ac·ro·nym
  1. an abbreviation formed from the initial letters of other words and pronounced as a word (e.g. ASCII, NASA ).
There is if you take BBQ and say either "barbecue" or "bee-bee-cue" as the first cannot be pronounced from BBQ and the second is an initialization. Neither are an acronym by your own definition. 😂

...and I was rooting for you too!

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not if you're planning on going with bigger tires and relying on a slushbox for gear selection. 😁

Even if you swapped everything yourself, gearing and suspension, you are better off ordering the Sasquatch package from the factory. That will also allow you to run some 37s with just a max tire clearance kit and proper wheel offset.

I didn't know which interior you preferred.

For reference, I ended up with a non-squatch Badlands. The 33s really don't look like 33s with the proportions of the vehicle... the smallest 33s have ever looked, haha.

For MGV, I would recommend a Black Diamond Squatched and if you need an auto get the 2.7L. There's nothing wrong with the 2.3L and, especially, with the Ford Perf tune, it has almost the HP(335 vs 360) and a touch more Tq(385 vs 380) than the 5.0L V8 Coyote when it first went into the F150.

Pick by interior/options available, then add Sasquatch package unless WT, and enjoy!

Unless you're planning on throwing money at it for new suspension and regearing when you feel the power drop, the Sasquatch package is going to make you the happiest, soonest... in my opinion.
Thanks for that, the only part of the SAS I was concerned about was the gearing but others on here that are much smarter than me said that I would not be able to notice the 5% difference. Sounds like suspension is the same on the 24's. So it is the gearing and the larger fenders
Sponsored