First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me a SAS would be a waste of money. Getting a new 2024 and putting 74Weld portals on it. Needed different tires and wheels anyway.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
"I'm so glad I didn't get the Sasquatch package!" said no one ever.
except for the ones that removed everything that comes on it and then said “man I wish I had that $3200 I just paid for a 4.7 gear ratio”

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

except for the ones that removed everything that comes on it and then said “man I wish I had that $3200 I just paid for a 4.7 gear ratio”
Correction: … said several people ever.

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The suspension is different, and that different suspension "works" with the larger and heavier tires/rims.
The axle ratio has nothing at all to do with ride quality.
What’s different with the suspension? Thought it was the same except for a 1” increase in height.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s different with the suspension? Thought it was the same except for a 1” increase in height.
different shocks, springs and bump stops

other than totally different part numbers, they're the same :unsure:

even between 2.3/2.7, 2DR/4DR. SAS, the springs and shocks aren't shared

Sponsored
OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
different shocks, springs and bump stops

other than totally different part numbers, they're the same :unsure:

even between 2.3/2.7, 2DR/4DR. SAS, the springs and shocks aren't shared
Interesting, on the Ford website, it shows the only difference between SAS and NON to be " high clearance ride height "

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting, on the Ford website, it shows the only difference between SAS and NON to be " high clearance ride height "
ford actually tweaked each combo to maintain a consistent ride height.

one of the common ways to compensate for a heavy winch/bumper combo on the 2.3L 4DR Badlands is to swap in the front shock/springs from the 2.7L 4DR Badlands (usually from takeoff's in the members classified section)

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
"I'm so glad I didn't get the Sasquatch package!" said no one ever.
Sas package would have cost me around $7000 extra. So yeah, I'm glad I didn't get it. I enjoy my under 30k manual Bronco. I might have gotten Sas if still living in Colorado off-roading every other weekend.

The thing where people buy Sas for the "emotional benefit" ... not into that. In fact it would bug me if I bought functionality and hardly if ever used it.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
.5" increase in height over a non-sas Badlands, 1.1" over the other non-sas trims.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sas package would have cost me around $7000 extra. So yeah, I'm glad I didn't get it. I enjoy my under 30k manual Bronco. I might have gotten Sas if still living in Colorado off-roading every other weekend.

The thing where people buy Sas for the "emotional benefit" ... not into that. In fact it would bug me if I bought functionality and hardly if ever used it.
Yeah the 2-door manual guys got hosed, for some it was only $5800 upgrade. Then considering at the time the SAS tires/rims were going for around $2K and you'd be lucky to get a couple hundred out of the Base tires/wheels, one was only looking at roughly $4000 to add gearing, stronger axles, front and rear lockers, Advanced 4wd, better shocks with lift, and fender flares, talk about a bargain. But if I lived in a metro area where it snowed a day or two days every couple years, or this was a summer only vehicle to replace the Miata, then saving the $4k may make sense.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So here is where I am at, would love others input as it has been awhile since I have had a truck.

After researching the Hoss 3.0 and reading your comments, I will never be doing high speed desert off roading. I may be doing Moab/Big Bend sort of things, light trails, small boulders etc. It appears the WT is designed for high speed Baja.

My only real concern is street comfort (I know the Bronco is not built for comfort but also don't want it to ride like a Wrangler) and being able to fit 37's.

The only thing I am "missing" from a 24 Badlands build to a 23/24 WT is the Hoss 3.0 and the price difference in those builds for me is $3820 MSRP.

My thoughts are that I want the 24 Badlands, mostly because of the new interior and the upgraded front parts that are standard. Read that the Bilsteins are more for rock crawling too. And if the Bilsteins aren't comfy enough then I can get the Eibachs for $1900 or something nicer for $4000 right?

So the 2nd question is that if I do get the 24 BL, do I get the SAS on the 24 for an extra $3245? The only thing I would be getting is the 4.7, diff wheels/tires and slightly different fenders correct? So for me it is really just the 4.7 and fenders if I am keeping them since wheels/tires will be replaced.

Quote Reply
i have a 2021 4dr bd sas 2.7 on 36" and with proper tire pressure it ride pretty good
ut of course its not for everyone..its a bronco thing lol

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah the 2-door manual guys got hosed, for some it was only $5800 upgrade. Then considering at the time the SAS tires/rims were going for around $2K and you'd be lucky to get a couple hundred out of the Base tires/wheels, one was only looking at roughly $4000 to add gearing, stronger axles, front and rear lockers, Advanced 4wd, better shocks with lift, and fender flares, talk about a bargain. But if I lived in a metro area where it snowed a day or two days every couple years, or this was a summer only vehicle to replace the Miata, then saving the $4k may make sense.
Yep, the manual trans incurred the unfortunate "pay for auto even though you have manual" upcharge for Sas. :(

Either way though, I wanted the 28k Bronco, and was not going to pay over 30k. It bites that Ford has deleted the base.

I think some folks overestimate what is needed to have fun off-roading. Like plenty of other people, I off-roaded for many years in old CJs and other vehicles having open diffs, and frankly some worse components and crawl ratios compared to my base Bronco. (Jeep over the years used some mediocre components - two piece keyed AMC 20 rear axle anyone, lol.)

I'll be off-roading out west this summer in my base Bronco no problem. Sas in my view is overkill for a lot of people. But as mentioned Sas provides some people with emotional value. My buddy who doesn't off-road spent thousands extra for the Rubicon Jeep version, he seems to get a lot of emotional value owning that version. One day I asked him to show me how the lockers are operated, he didn't know how. :eek:

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep, the manual trans incurred the unfortunate "pay for auto even though you have manual" upcharge for Sas. :(

Either way though, I wanted the 28k Bronco, and was not going to pay over 30k. It bites that Ford has deleted the base.

I think some folks overestimate what is needed to have fun off-roading. Like plenty of other people, I off-roaded for many years in old CJs and other vehicles having open diffs, and frankly some worse components and crawl ratios compared to my base Bronco. (Jeep over the years used some mediocre components - two piece keyed AMC 20 rear axle anyone, lol.)

I'll be off-roading out west this summer in my base Bronco no problem. Sas in my view is overkill for a lot of people. But as mentioned Sas provides some people with emotional value. My buddy who doesn't off-road spent thousands extra for the Rubicon Jeep version, he seems to get a lot of emotional value owning that version. One day I asked him to show me how the lockers are operated, he didn't know how. :eek:
Completely understand, grew up ice-fishing with a 73 Cutlas with a 4x8 plywood fishhouse tied to the roof, so much nicer to be pulling a wheel-house through snow with 4 wheels turning instead of one or two. The Base base was a tremendous value for what it is. No doubt you don't need to spend $28-50K to wheel

Bronco56

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Grey Badlands Lux 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i have 23 non-sas badlands..... not a '24 i know but i wanted the badlands as is. I did put a level on the front to run 305/70r17s
Sponsored