First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did anyone put sound deading on the sub box or just around the area. I know that I need to block the port, just haven't had time to tear it back apart.
Block the port? I haven’t hear anyone mention this. What port needs to be blocked)
Sponsored

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well I just did the audio upgrade on my 2023 Badlands with subwoofer delete. The stock system was shockingly bad as others have noted. I went with Kicker KS 4" in the front dash w/300 Hz bass blocker and the Kicker KS 4" in the rear pods with no bass blocker. I left the kick panel speakers stock. In the rear I went with the fusion amp and Kicker 6.5" Sub w/some polyfill in the sub box. I had to buy Hoel plug and play wiring for all the 4" speakers as Crutchfield was out of stock on those.

Installing the hardware was pretty straight forward. Even removing the rear qtr trim panel was pretty easy. The hardest part was removing the front speaker grilles. I used a combination of a pick tool and trim panel removal tool to get it out. I inserted the pick into one of the grille holes to allow me to lift up the grille just enough to get a trim removal tool under the front edge of the grille.

The most difficult part for me was the Forscan portion. First I couldn't get my Vlinker FS adapter to recognize my 2023 which apparently was a known issue. I contacted Forscan and they sent me a beta test version of their software and that solved that problem but than the adapter wouldn't read all my modules including the ACM module which was most important for this project. I gave up and bought a OBDLink EX adapter from Amazon which is the other adapter Forscan recommends. That worked straight out of the box. I enabled the sub, set EQ to flat and sent full range signal to the rear pods.

I must say the difference is noticeable. I was planning on adding a kicker Key 200.4 but I'm actually quite happy with the way it sounds so I'm going to hold off on that for a while and save myself $500. I'm no audiophile but I'd say I am more than the average person as I've done music production so I know what sounds good. If I'm fine with this setup than I think most people would be fine with it as well. Again, not a reference system by no means but really good upgrade for the roughly $500 I spent. Seeing that Ford gave me a $250 credit, that's a $250 investment for a substantial improvement. I'd like to give thanks to all forum members who have done the leg work to sort this out!
Can you post the model of the bass blocker you used for the front dash?

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is the 2-door install different than the 4???
as far as I know, just the cover panel is different and the way it's removed.

Sponsored

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok slowly researching and watching YouTube videos on how to remove this nasty rear inside panel hiding the sub.

Let’s assume I’m able to get it off without catastrophic damage…

how do you get the panel back on? Is it easy to re-push the panels/clips back?

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you please tell me what row and value to turn on on the settings to take advantage of the 6.75 kicker w better speaker pods in forscan?

also should I be setting EQ to 0 and where in forscan is that row?
727-01-01
I went with SP and SP. There was definitely more clarity with that setting than Sp/TW. However, that's going to be driven somewhat by what speaker you're running. I've got Polk Audio 6 1/2's in the pds with the pods stuffed with polyfill. The fill made a major improvement i sound clarity. Giot rid of a lot of the "muddy" sound.
I'm running EQ at 0. I didn't have good luck running the Kicker dsp tuning. It was better without.

I just bit the bullet and bought a pair of Focal ACX 165 for the kickpanels. Installing them Thursday or Friday.
STay tuned...

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This video is great for a step by step in taking the panels apart...BTW...before this, I never did this kind of work. Since I dove in, I've ripped the Bronco apart multiple times. Don't be intimidated.

CactusToby

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3, Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just wrapped up my speaker upgrade in our 23’ Outer Banks. We had the factory 6-speaker non functioning sub. I replaced my speakers with the following and activated the rear sub via forscan. Unbelievable the difference. Unless you are an audiophile, no additional amp is needed, save the money.

Dash speakers: 4” Focal ACX 100’s
Kick Panels: 6.5” Focal RCX 165’s
Rear Pods: Mabett pods with 6.5” Focal RCX 165’s
Factory Sub/AMP: Ford OEM amp, Kicker CompRT 6 3/4” Subwoofer 4ohm.

No need for bass blockers at all.

Forscan changes: make the change to rear speaker/tweeter for the 6.5’s and also activated sub.

Other than that, I adjusted the mid range 2 taps up, treble 1 tap up, and left bass alone. Also left fader alone. Again, the difference this made for a very small amount of money was very rewarding.

IMG_0898.jpeg
Why the 4ohm over the 2ohm for subwoofer?

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why the 4ohm over the 2ohm for subwoofer?
I was wondering the same thing.

The AI answer was interesting:

2 ohm vs 4 ohm subwoofer
When it comes to choosing the right subwoofer, one of the key factors to consider is the impedance, measured in ohms. In this comparison, we’ll explore the differences between 2 ohm and 4 ohm subwoofers.

Electric Resistance

A 2 ohm subwoofer has lower electric resistance than a 4 ohm subwoofer. This means that a 2 ohm speaker can produce a louder sound, but it also consumes more power. On the other hand, a 4 ohm speaker has higher resistance, which results in a clearer sound with less distortion.

Sound Quality

The sound quality of a 2 ohm subwoofer is often described as louder and more powerful, but with less clarity. In contrast, a 4 ohm subwoofer provides a clearer and more detailed sound, with less distortion.

Power Handling

A 2 ohm subwoofer requires more power to produce the same sound as a 4 ohm subwoofer. This means that a 2 ohm subwoofer may require a more powerful amplifier to function properly.

Wiring Configuration

The ohmage of a subwoofer also affects the wiring configuration. A 2 ohm subwoofer can be wired in a series or parallel configuration, while a 4 ohm subwoofer is typically wired in a series configuration.

Conclusion

In summary, the choice between a 2 ohm and 4 ohm subwoofer depends on your personal preference. If you prioritize loudness and are willing to compromise on sound quality, a 2 ohm subwoofer may be the better choice. However, if you value clear and detailed sound with minimal distortion, a 4 ohm subwoofer is likely the better option.

CactusToby

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3, Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was wondering the same thing.

The AI answer was interesting:

2 ohm vs 4 ohm subwoofer
When it comes to choosing the right subwoofer, one of the key factors to consider is the impedance, measured in ohms. In this comparison, we’ll explore the differences between 2 ohm and 4 ohm subwoofers.

Electric Resistance

A 2 ohm subwoofer has lower electric resistance than a 4 ohm subwoofer. This means that a 2 ohm speaker can produce a louder sound, but it also consumes more power. On the other hand, a 4 ohm speaker has higher resistance, which results in a clearer sound with less distortion.

Sound Quality

The sound quality of a 2 ohm subwoofer is often described as louder and more powerful, but with less clarity. In contrast, a 4 ohm subwoofer provides a clearer and more detailed sound, with less distortion.

Power Handling

A 2 ohm subwoofer requires more power to produce the same sound as a 4 ohm subwoofer. This means that a 2 ohm subwoofer may require a more powerful amplifier to function properly.

Wiring Configuration

The ohmage of a subwoofer also affects the wiring configuration. A 2 ohm subwoofer can be wired in a series or parallel configuration, while a 4 ohm subwoofer is typically wired in a series configuration.

Conclusion

In summary, the choice between a 2 ohm and 4 ohm subwoofer depends on your personal preference. If you prioritize loudness and are willing to compromise on sound quality, a 2 ohm subwoofer may be the better choice. However, if you value clear and detailed sound with minimal distortion, a 4 ohm subwoofer is likely the better option.
I’ll go with the 4ohm. I like a tighter bass with crispier sounds