Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey all,
I have a 2023 BB 2.3, Friend got a 2024 BB 2.3.

His engine note is 1000X different, and better. Sounds tough. Mine? Clicks and clacks..and I hear virtually every rotation.

Is there an engine sound cabin piping option? or some major difference between 23 and 24?

It's an alarming difference. I don't think it's just me. thanks

-Larry
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ooooo I wonder if they turned on ESE on all 2024s.

And now I'm going to spend the next 2 hours going down a VIN number rabbit hole. šŸ™ƒ

EDITā€” I need a 2024 Badlands VIN without the High/Lux package, if anyone has one handy.

Last edited:

HolidayDog

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ooooo I wonder if they turned on ESE on all 2024s.

And now I'm going to spend the next 2 hours going down a VIN number rabbit hole. šŸ™ƒ

EDITā€” I need a 2024 Badlands VIN without the High/Lux package, if anyone has one handy.
Not mine but I did a search of local inventory for BL's with Mid package. Here's a 4DR 2.3L with manual. HTH.

VIN
1FMEE9BH3RLA05148

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay pretty sure I figured it out, but need a Heritage VIN just to dot the i's and cross the t's.

As a side note, this is substantially easier than it was 3 weeks ago. Glad to see so many 2024s out there.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Op found one 1FMDE4DH7RLA01552. I wish Ford's inventory search would let you search beyond 100 miles so I didn't have to guess zip codes. But anyway, thanks @Karl_in_Chicago and @HolidayDog

------

So to answer your question @Dobolina... it's because Ford is piping fake engine sounds through the speakers on all 2024 Broncos. In the past it was limited to the Lux package Broncos, but now it's on all.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Op found one 1FMDE4DH7RLA01552. I wish Ford's inventory search would let you search beyond 100 miles so I didn't have to guess zip codes. But anyway, thanks @Karl_in_Chicago and @HolidayDog

------

So to answer your question @Dobolina... it's because Ford is piping fake engine sounds through the speakers on all 2024 Broncos. In the past it was limited to the Lux package Broncos, but now it's on all.
first off...you never cease to amaze with how much you know and how fast you find the goods!!

Is this really a thing though? Piping in engine noise? I have heard about it before but never knew if it was real and I never understood the point.

Is there a way to turn that feature off in the Bronco? I don't know if I hear it in my '24 but the fact they do it is kind of cheesy. Like a fart can on a civic kind of cheesy. :ROFLMAO:

HolidayDog

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

So wait a second! What?
These are fake engine sounds like synthesed sound bitesā€¦.not real sounds from the engine amplified through the sound system? Either scenario sounds a little hokey.

the mercury hit a balmy 54F today. We had the windows dropped and were hearing the turbo through the snorkel with the rear facing vent. That was sort of cool to hear.

Let me know when I can FORSCAN those synthetic sounds to my external speaker cannon.

Iā€™m really curious about thisā€¦.will these sound be present if the speaker/radio system is off?

Last edited:

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now if only Ford could figure out a way to get me my whistle tips piped into the cabin. Iā€™m tired of everyone else getting the full experience as I drive by!
Ford Bronco 2023 vs 2024 2.3L engine note IMG_4583

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

So Ford is adding noise?

If I turn up the radio to drown out the engine noise, the engine noise gets louder also?

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now if only Ford could figure out a way to get me my whistle tips piped into the cabin. Iā€™m tired of everyone else getting the full experience as I drive by!
Ford Bronco 2023 vs 2024 2.3L engine note IMG_4583
Bubb rubb!

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 22 Badlands 2.3 just got a new long block, turbo and alternator at 32k miles. I swear it sounds quieter, better and is a bit stronger than the original. I never gave piping in sounds a thought but it makes perfect sense. BMW has done it for years. I bought the BMW equivalent of Forescan and turned sound enhancement off In my M2 Competition. Just couldnā€™t have an unnatural sound in a high performance car. A noticeable difference that surprisingly, I didnā€™t like. Ultimately turned the sound enhancement back on. Itā€™s hard to describe how it changes the sound, but it does, in what I think is a good way. Itā€™s so very subtle. Iā€™d think it would be easy for Ford to slipstream it into a vehicle in for service.

Thanks to @RagnarKon for your efforts.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2024 Bronco engine sound. :LOL:

Ford Bronco 2023 vs 2024 2.3L engine note 1710507112931-l1

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

first off...you never cease to amaze with how much you know and how fast you find the goods!!

Is this really a thing though? Piping in engine noise? I have heard about it before but never knew if it was real and I never understood the point.

Is there a way to turn that feature off in the Bronco? I don't know if I hear it in my '24 but the fact they do it is kind of cheesy. Like a fart can on a civic kind of cheesy. :ROFLMAO:
The Germans have been doing it for over 15 years now.
Sponsored