First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello all, starting a thread here to share what I’ve been working on (and try to keep track of it for myself). Original plan started before I took delivery of the Bronco. At first, I thought I’d be happy with some kicker speakers and key amps, but it quickly spiraled out of control. 😀

The current (and I think, final for now) plan involves a mix of Audiofrog and Stereo Integrity speakers running off of Helix amplification. I’ll try to catch the thread up with some pictures in the following posts…
Sponsored

OP
OP
gringoloco

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
First, dash mounting of the Audiofrog GS42s (temporarily, as I’m planning a full 3-way component set up front). I CAD designed and 3D printed adapters, since I didn’t like the idea of just poking new holes for screws in the dash where the AF mounting holes do not line up with Ford’s.

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco 7-Speaker System Upgrade IMG_9794

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco 7-Speaker System Upgrade IMG_9799

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco 7-Speaker System Upgrade IMG_9823

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco 7-Speaker System Upgrade IMG_9841

Last edited:
OP
OP
gringoloco

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Again with the 3D printing, I’ve mocked-up the proposed components to install in place of the 4” dash speakers. I will be using AF GB25 and GB10 OE, which juuuuust squeak into the dash space without any cutting required 👍. Still awaiting delivery of my speakers, so these plastic stand-ins will suffice for the moment:

IMG_9926.jpeg

IMG_9918.jpeg

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Never thought of putting 2 in the dash corners. I'm getting ready to start with this myself. Been overseas months now hoping to start up on a similar project when I get home in a week

OP
OP
gringoloco

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I ordered a set of SSV rear pods to install 6.5 speakers, but couldn’t get my hands on 2-door versions with the associated brackets. No worries, I’ll just (you guessed it) 3D print them. Decided I would add a little matching line detail to them, even though they’re never really seen once installed…

72156858435__9519205D-ED31-4E7D-82FB-4FDF729E3662.jpeg

72157025707__6916EF92-6F0F-476D-BD57-2B146D5DDB41.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
gringoloco

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Never thought of putting 2 in the dash corners. I'm getting ready to start with this myself. Been overseas months now hoping to start up on a similar project when I get home in a week
There’s a few examples of installs out on the internet, mostly using a 2” driver with 3/4” tweeters. I wanted to use the AF GB25 to enable crossing over as low as possible up in the dash to keep the stage high (and avoid losing some of the voice frequencies in the kick mounted mids). The GB25 will safely cross at 200Hz, which brings all but the lowest male vocals up top and in front of the listener.

I haven’t seen a pillar mounted tweeter setup I like in a Bronco yet (and I like to keep things looking stock-ish) so this was the next best solution.

Yes, it’s a noisy Bronco and will never be an optimal listening space, but I want to give it as much of a chance as possible at sounding fantastic

IMG_9486.jpeg

IMG_7824.jpeg

IMG_7825.jpeg

OP
OP
gringoloco

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Amplifier rack is from MTI, modified to fit my 2-door (no 3D printed parts on this one). 10 pounds of stuff in a 5 pound bag.

V8 DSP (on the back of the rack and upside-down) amplifies the front stage and rear fill, while providing signal and turn-on to the M1X to drive the sub. Utilized all OFC wiring, crimped ferrules, and Deutsch connectors for ease of removal. This took longer than anticipated to get it all arranged and looking nice. Still have some labeling to finish and to integrate the add-on Bluetooth module for the V8. Grounds will get properly terminated once the rack is mounted.

Hoping all of my measurements are correct and that this fits behind the trim panel…

IMG_0199.jpeg

IMG_0198.jpeg

IMG_0195.jpeg

IMG_0194.jpeg

IMG_0192.jpeg

IMG_0186.jpeg

OP
OP
gringoloco

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
…and the stereo T-harness I finished today. DT connectors used here as well, because why not? This will send the factory head unit signal to the V8 and then return the corrected/amplified signal back to the tweeters and rear fill through the factory speaker wiring. 2.5 mids and 6.5 midbass will use new wiring runs from the amp. Next big project is getting all of the in-vehicle wiring run.

IMG_0205.jpeg

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow that looks nice. Did it come all wired up on the rack like that?

Sponsored
OP
OP
gringoloco

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wow that looks nice. Did it come all wired up on the rack like that?
Thanks! No, I wish it did. I have waaaaay more time in wiring this thing up than I planned, haha

Excellent work so far my friend, should sound amazing!!!!
Appreciate it! I hope it sounds as good IRL as it does in my head

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m excellent on motors or anything to do with shocks etc.. Stereo stuff I suck at!! I’m jealous, unfortunately I’m going to have to pay to have someone install my setup.. Keep us posted on everything my friend… HAPPY NEWYEARS.

Bsouth

Raptor
First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There’s a few examples of installs out on the internet, mostly using a 2” driver with 3/4” tweeters. I wanted to use the AF GB25 to enable crossing over as low as possible up in the dash to keep the stage high (and avoid losing some of the voice frequencies in the kick mounted mids). The GB25 will safely cross at 200Hz, which brings all but the lowest male vocals up top and in front of the listener.

I haven’t seen a pillar mounted tweeter setup I like in a Bronco yet (and I like to keep things looking stock-ish) so this was the next best solution.

Yes, it’s a noisy Bronco and will never be an optimal listening space, but I want to give it as much of a chance as possible at sounding fantastic

IMG_9486.jpeg

IMG_7824.jpeg

IMG_7825.jpeg

Bro, I am wanting to start my upgrade this year. I have half the mind of asking you to print me off some parts when I do. Your setup is clean!

eduard4us

Outer Banks
First Name
Eduard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This looks really clean, great work my friend!
You will love the way it will sound.

Happy New Year 🎆
Sponsored