First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I read the "average" new car is now $47k. Not sure if that includes tax, tags and delivery. I paid $39k for a BD with 10k on it before tax, tags and delivery. No complaints. The Bronco is not meant to be a comfortable crossover that gets 30 mpg. It's a lifestyle vehicle that will get hurt worse on sales when the economy/interest rates are not that strong. My 2 door 7MT is for fun - not practicality. Understand what you are getting into. My Explorer is for ease of use. Bronco for having fun.
Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I read the "average" new car is now $47k. Not sure if that includes tax, tags and delivery. I paid $39k for a BD with 10k on it before tax, tags and delivery. No complaints. The Bronco is not meant to be a comfortable crossover that gets 30 mpg. It's a lifestyle vehicle that will get hurt worse on sales when the economy/interest rates are not that strong. My 2 door 7MT is for fun - not practicality. Understand what you are getting into. My Explorer is for ease of use. Bronco for having fun.
Nailed it, Bronco sales will suffer in a choppy economy. You know what sells now? Practicality....go look at the Maverick numbers.

STuff1

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 2 DR Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My local dealer has had a boatload of Broncos on the lot for quite a while. I see the same ones, row after row. They are lucky if they sell one every month or two. They have three BRaptors as well, and have for many months. I enjoy my 2 DR Wildtrak but realize I paid way too much for it. I live no where near good or city roads but a maverick would have been a smarter choice for us but I was caught up in it myself. Now the value has dropped $20k on my 6k miles Bronco so no way on earth I could sell (I paid under MSRP but still abut $15k too much. These are way overpriced, just like Wranglers. The Jeeps are better in some ways (interior quality is one of them) the Bronco better in others (more room, more refined drive, etc).

But broncos are not selling well at all around here. Since I bought mine 4 months ago or so I believe my dealer has sold 1-2 of them. One was a Heritage and the other a Wildtrak.

If prices stay the same or go up I will not be so sure about the future of this vehicle.

Cav427

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 5.0 6 Speed, 2024 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I havent driven a manual jeep, but the manual on the Bronco is loads of fun. Plus the 2.3 with the turbo just works well with it. Yeah, they are both very different vehicles and each has their own advantages and disadvantages.

We need Granger to start getting Bronco allocations again and I bet Ford would see more sales. Instead they will ship them to the dealer lots and have them sit.

I remember the dealers telling everyone, you should pay full price because this is a special vehicle....Now that they are crowding the lots in mass quantities we will see how the pricing holds up...or doesnt.
BTW, the manual Jeep was manufactured in 1984. I don't think they have a manual one at this time (I could be wrong.) Nowadays I think any manual vehicle gets special discounts on insurance because nobody has 'em or can drive 'em except a few Boomers and Gen Xers (joke actually). If my wife wasn't going to be driving the Bronco occasionally I would have opted for the manual. This is another sign of the times. Due to emissions The automatics are a better option since they have more gears now. Speaking of which emissions standards are another reason Bronco prices are high. Catalytic converters aren't cheap and neither are all the electronics that modern vehicles have. I would imagine all the electronics and emissions control devices are about 10% to 15% of the price of your vehicle, not to mention safety equipment like airbags. If Airbags and emissions equipment were optional I wonder what the price would be?

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nowadays I think any manual vehicle gets special discounts on insurance because nobody has 'em or can drive 'em except a few Boomers and Gen Xers (joke actually).
No, you are not joking. I have a 7MT I got at a reputable and regional used car dealer - and the sales guy about age 30 could not drive a stick. I got the 7MT as a fun second vehicle. I buy and hold, so should have this for 15 years or so. By then it will be all EVs and autos, so I wanted to enjoy the 7MT as a guy on the cusp of Gen X/Boomer who can enjoy the last of an era. Also, while I live in a pretty safe area, you never know about a carjacking. I will get out and run and the young carjacker will not be able to drive a manual!

Sponsored

Applerock

Big Bend
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Taco, 2006 TJ, Looking at Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, I've watched how the $29,900 base I would have liked (but didn't order because I don't believe in buying first year Total redesigns....of any brand) turn into the now $43,700 Big Bend, as my min choice, also losing the two-tone sandstone interior that appealed to me from the very beginning.
That's a $14,000 increase within 3 yrs, while losing one of the features that would have talked me into a big bend. All the while still hearing comments about the "cheap feeling" interior of the of the bronco.
If you ask me, Ford made too many changes with the bronco, too quickly. They couldn't even fill the orders they had, they were changing the options right in front of people's noses.
I'm still glad I didn't get a first year bronco, after all the trouble I've heard. And I still think it's totally stupid that you can't get the manual with a V6. What kind of brain dead muskmelon at Ford decided this one? Do they actually think people who prefer manuals also prefer stripped with minimum engine? Isn't that kind of like making the manual on a mustang only available with a 4 cyl? Makes absolutely no sense.
And to charge a premium for that is crazy.

Dear Ford. Ask people what they want changed in the bronco. Get rid of this stupid gimmicky dashboard. Stop discontinuing options before you actually have a chance to sell units.
I still cannot find a two-door standard, hard top anywhere near me.
And to those who say that is because they don't sell, those $100,000 raptors that are all over the lots by me, are just sitting there, just like the original poster with the YouTube video showed.
It's certainly seems to me that Ford has definitely overplayed their hand with the bronco.
They literally ruined it before they had a chance to improve it 🙄

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I remember when a slice of pizza was .50

Now get off my lawn
1719435009533-w2.jpg
Just imagine if the internet existed, in it's current state, back in '72, would be some interesting posts about the quality of that Gran Torino and the rising interest rates and gas prices!
Sponsored