Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This one does at least. It's an aluminum 15x10, 3.75 BS. I would think almost all 15" steelies should be a go then as well.

20220202_111020_HDR.jpg

20220202_111033_HDR.jpg

20220202_111113_HDR.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not? Options are good. I'm thinking about running a cheap 15" steelie as a spare, under a tire cover, and just buying 4 aftermarket wheels.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been meaning to try, as I have a couple sets in storage with the correct bolt pattern, but it's been too damn cold! Do you think there's still room for inside barrel wheel weights?

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been meaning to try, as I have a couple sets in storage with the correct bolt pattern, but it's been too damn cold! Do you think there's still room for inside barrel wheel weights?
Tell me about it, freaking frigid today. Weights will be pretty iffy. I have some 15x8 steelies with 35s on them in my storage unit I want to try too but I'm not going there just for that.

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tell me about it, freaking frigid today. Weights will be pretty iffy. I have some 15x8 steelies with 35s on them in my storage unit I want to try too but I'm not going there just for that.
These are the two setups I have collecting dust, 5 of each. Methods are 15x10, and the Bajas are 15x8 - Both are 33s (Toyo larger than BFG, of course)

Ford Bronco 15" wheels MAY fit 1643830398683

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are the two setups I have collecting dust, 5 of each. Methods are 15x10, and the Bajas are 15x8 - Both are 33s (Toyo larger than BFG, of course)

Sweet FJ. My very first time experiencing offroading was in my uncle's. Beat to hell and back but it was a goat. It's nickname was Old Gnarly.

They'll be close, you'll have to test fit for sure.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sweet FJ. My very first time experiencing offroading was in my uncle's. Beat to hell and back but it was a goat. It's nickname was Old Gnarly.

They'll be close, you'll have to test fit for sure.
Well you've given me hope! I could always have the inside weights removed, and have them rebalanced away from the calipers.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This one does at least. It's an aluminum 15x10, 3.75 BS. I would think almost all 15" steelies should be a go then as well.

Nice! Are those AR172's? I tried a 15" steel trailer wheel and it was a no-go but it would be interesting to see an actual 15" steel wheel.

Here's one reason:
Ford Bronco 15" wheels MAY fit 15v17 tire price

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looks like your going to get a rock in between and screw your caliber or bust your rim.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i would be worried about getting a stone jammed between rim and caliper(had this happen on my sxs at 60kmh totaled the rim and almost crapped myself!)

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's really tight!

It's unlikely, but possible a rock could get wedged between the caliper and wheel, and wear a groove, to the point of failure. Possible with larger size wheels as well, I suppose you would just need a bigger rock. As I said, unlikely, but potentially more likely with tighter clearances. Or maybe not. I don't know. Think about it.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! Are those AR172's? I tried a 15" steel trailer wheel and it was a no-go but it would be interesting to see an actual 15" steel wheel.

Here's one reason:
Ford Bronco 15" wheels MAY fit 15v17 tire price
Good eye, it is a AR172.

It's funny how less rubber costs more.

Looks like your going to get a rock in between and screw your caliber or bust your rim.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
i would be worried about getting a stone jammed between rim and caliper(had this happen on my sxs at 60kmh totaled the rim and almost crapped myself!)
That's really tight!

It's unlikely, but possible a rock could get wedged between the caliper and wheel, and wear a groove, to the point of failure. Possible with larger size wheels as well, I suppose you would just need a bigger rock. As I said, unlikely, but potentially more likely with tighter clearances. Or maybe not. I don't know. Think about it.
Valid concerns. My BIL once had a caliper bolt back out on his F150, wedge inside, and it cut the wheel in half. Like I said, my main interest right now is steelies and for the spare, this wheel just happened to be the most handy to grab.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Why not? Options are good. I'm thinking about running a cheap 15" steelie as a spare, under a tire cover, and just buying 4 aftermarket wheels.
I'm also in the opinion that steelies are great for offroading.

However, I would caution a barrel that's so close to the caliper. You're going to have heating issues at minimum, but at worst you've got yourself a big trouble spot if any foreign debris get in there and lodge between the caliper or rotor and barrel.

As you said, your nut once came out backwards, causing a serious issue.

This just seems to be designing a failure point for the sake of wanting a wheel today. It's quite easy to get custom sized steelies made. Do it once, do it right and don't let your nut back out!

Edit: I'll add that one of the best parts of a steelie is that you can bash the bead back into shape if/when it bends on a trail. You're going to have a lot less space to do so with that wheel configuration.

And lastly: Trailer wheels or tires have no place being on a vehicle. And their tires are cheaper because they have essentially non-conforming sidewalls as they have to be able to sit for years without rotating under load. They also use a different, cheaper, harder rubber than even their name-same passenger vehicle tire, so grip will be impacted greatly.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm also in the opinion that steelies are great for offroading.

However, I would caution a barrel that's so close to the caliper. You're going to have heating issues at minimum, but at worst you've got yourself a big trouble spot if any foreign debris get in there and lodge between the caliper or rotor and barrel.

As you said, your nut once came out backwards, causing a serious issue.

This just seems to be designing a failure point for the sake of wanting a wheel today. It's quite easy to get custom sized steelies made. Do it once, do it right and don't let your nut back out!
Good points.

BTW, I'm not sure I want to know the context of your signature...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.