Traveler

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak; 2017 HD FLTRXS and 2008 HD FLSTF
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just ordered a kit for my 2023 with the Capable Bumper! Bought a compressor and mount from you last year. Hopefully these are as easy to install as the compressor was.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just ordered a kit for my 2023 with the Capable Bumper! Bought a compressor and mount from you last year. Hopefully these are as easy to install as the compressor was.
My advice to you is REMOVE YOUR BUMPER. Then it's easy. It's just tight back there and the bumper removes SO EASY.

3 bolts on either side (they are under the plastic cover that surrounds your tow hook). Remove the 3 bolts on each side and you can remove your bumper. DO NOT FORGET to disconnect the wire harness on the driver side that goes to your factory sensors/fogs. There is a plug under the headlight.

The easiest way is grab the plug and pull outwards/down. It's CLIPPED into the felt and you can get a few extra inches by pulling it off the felt.

Then follow our instructions to install the fogs included with the kit, pretty easy. DO NOT forget to attach your wires BEFORE you put the plastic cover back on :) - ask me how I know that lol :)

Traveler

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak; 2017 HD FLTRXS and 2008 HD FLSTF
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My advice to you is REMOVE YOUR BUMPER. Then it's easy. It's just tight back there and the bumper removes SO EASY.

3 bolts on either side (they are under the plastic cover that surrounds your tow hook). Remove the 3 bolts on each side and you can remove your bumper. DO NOT FORGET to disconnect the wire harness on the driver side that goes to your factory sensors/fogs. There is a plug under the headlight.

The easiest way is grab the plug and pull outwards/down. It's CLIPPED into the felt and you can get a few extra inches by pulling it off the felt.

Then follow our instructions to install the fogs included with the kit, pretty easy. DO NOT forget to attach your wires BEFORE you put the plastic cover back on :) - ask me how I know that lol :)
Thanks for the additional instructions! It will probably be a while before I can get them installed, but I'm looking forward to it. Should Pair 1 be the inside pair and Pair 2 the outside? I may upgrade bumpers at some point too, so hopefully can move these around later with any applicable brackets.

Last edited:

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

About to pull the trigger on the KR bracket with SAE Pro Yellow and Max Combo for my capable bumper. Not sure if I asked this but does the kit come with the harness to run the SAE's on the OEM fog light switch and Combo's from one of the aux switches?

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

About to pull the trigger on the KR bracket with SAE Pro Yellow and Max Combo for my capable bumper. Not sure if I asked this but does the kit come with the harness to run the SAE's on the OEM fog light switch and Combo's from one of the aux switches?
Yes it does. One pair of lights is controlled from the factory fog switch. 2nd pair from your upfitter

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yes it does. One pair of lights is controlled from the factory fog switch. 2nd pair from your upfitter
Would the MAX SAE yellow be any real advantage in snow/fog?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Would the MAX SAE yellow be any real advantage in snow/fog?
Well they are the brightest fogs. We run SAE Max Fogs on our own truck.

SAE Fogs in White
SAE Fogs in Yellow

Would be an awesome setup

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Well they are the brightest fogs. We run SAE Max Fogs on our own truck.

SAE Fogs in White
SAE Fogs in Yellow

Would be an awesome setup
As opposed to SAE yellow fogs and Max combo? I'm looking for some off-road lights without Pillar or a light bar and yellow fogs for when its snowing. We don't get white-out conditions.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As opposed to SAE yellow fogs and Max combo? I'm looking for some off-road lights without Pillar or a light bar and yellow fogs for when its snowing. We don't get white-out conditions.
Well you can mix/match what you want.

If you want street legal lights do SAE Fog in white and yellow.

If you want street legal lights AND off-road lights do SAE fog and SAE Combo

Yellow is good for bad weather, but you'll use white more often. Unless you like the look of yellow ALL the time, go with white. Remember it only snows a few times a year right? But some people like yellow fogs all the time. I personally prefer white fogs and would do an SAE Fog in white and yellow, because I have other lights. But yeah for you, go with the yellow then and then the combos for off-road use

Always a tough choice. I have our flush kit so my setup isn't even ideal for me. I have the S3 Max in White Fog and then my 2nd pairs are Driving Yellow and I think combo white.

I could have done the SSC2 Pro in yellow fog, but it's a lot smaller then the S3 and I wanted a BRIGHT light, so i honestly don't use it much.

I might go to our open style bracket and do 2x SS3 Max in Fog (white and yellow) and a 3rd SS3 in Combo (it'll get partially blocked but that's okay, i have tons of additional lighting)

Sponsored

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Well you can mix/match what you want.

If you want street legal lights do SAE Fog in white and yellow.

If you want street legal lights AND off-road lights do SAE fog and SAE Combo

Yellow is good for bad weather, but you'll use white more often. Unless you like the look of yellow ALL the time, go with white. Remember it only snows a few times a year right? But some people like yellow fogs all the time. I personally prefer white fogs and would do an SAE Fog in white and yellow, because I have other lights. But yeah for you, go with the yellow then and then the combos for off-road use

Always a tough choice. I have our flush kit so my setup isn't even ideal for me. I have the S3 Max in White Fog and then my 2nd pairs are Driving Yellow and I think combo white.

I could have done the SSC2 Pro in yellow fog, but it's a lot smaller then the S3 and I wanted a BRIGHT light, so i honestly don't use it much.

I might go to our open style bracket and do 2x SS3 Max in Fog (white and yellow) and a 3rd SS3 in Combo (it'll get partially blocked but that's okay, i have tons of additional lighting)
Makes sense, white may be better because I would really only want yellow a couple of days a year and the white sae fog's can be used in addition to the combo's for off-road.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Placed the order, buy once cry once right............

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Placed the order, buy once cry once right............
No crying here. You'll love the kit, especially the output of the fogs.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Max White SAE Fogs and Max Combos should help with the trails after dark as well as the occasional snow flurries.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Make sure you guys take advantage of these savings while you can! This sales event won't last long.
Sponsored