Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To screw, or not to screw? That is the question

First, let me preface this by saying I get it. This may not be the must have option or add-on you’re all salivating over, nor will it add any real value aside from, in my own personal opinion, looking cool.

Now that that’s out of the way…. I want to mount my HUGE 12.9” iPad Pro over my existing 8” display. I’ve created a mount using a low profile case, some crazy strong magnets, and a black washer the size of the magnet.
Ford Bronco 12.9” iPad Pro Dash Mount. A9907530-AD6C-4DF6-AAF7-08B4E0E562F5

Ford Bronco 12.9” iPad Pro Dash Mount. 97E83D6B-6D07-4C54-BE35-3160B7A08CD2

Two Issues I’m running into:
1. Surface area on the only place to realistically mount the washer is so small the 3M double sided automotive adhesive tape will not reliably hold the washer in place when trying to remove my magnetized mount.

2. I could just toss in a single flush topped screw to secure my washer flawlessly, but I cannot justify this mod if it permanently alters the dash by adding an unsightly hole dead center!

I’m looking to gather the creative minds here to see if someone could help imagine a solution before I do!? How can I either create more surface area for my washer to adhere to successfully, or what other suggestions would you throw out to secure it without adding a hole.

***In the picture of the case it shows two magnets within the red rectangle, this was taken before I scrapped the second magnet for a black washer.***
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
kbBronco

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What did you end up doing?
Nothing, I try to revisit this every couple months and just end up scrapping the idea because I can’t come up with a solution that will strike that balance between strong but non-permanent adhesion of a mount. Could easily solve by screwing into the dash, but that’s what I’m trying to avoid.

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am currently doing the same - creating a mount for my 12.9" IPAD Pro including Otter Box Case. I am using a Tackform headrest mount. I will connect to a 20MM ram ball mounted on the facotry dash mounting point. I ordered an extra 12" extension arm from Tackform to get far enough past the dash so the IPAD will swing out far enough to not block the existing Bronco display. I ordered the 20MM ram ball from Archetype racing but Tackform sells them too.
Links:
https://www.tackform.com/products/seat-headrest-mount-for-tablet
https://archetyperacing.com/products/ar-b-a-l-l-s-billet-aluminum-longitudinally-locking-sphere

OP
OP
kbBronco

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am currently doing the same - creating a mount for my 12.9" IPAD Pro including Otter Box Case. I am using a Tackform headrest mount. I will connect to a 20MM ram ball mounted on the facotry dash mounting point. I ordered an extra 12" extension arm from Tackform to get far enough past the dash so the IPAD will swing out far enough to not block the existing Bronco display. I ordered the 20MM ram ball from Archetype racing but Tackform sells them too.
Links:
https://www.tackform.com/products/seat-headrest-mount-for-tablet
https://archetyperacing.com/products/ar-b-a-l-l-s-billet-aluminum-longitudinally-locking-sphere
Dying for a solid solution, get me pics of yours once you have it dialed in!

Sponsored

J.Spicoli

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take a look at ProClip. They have some great non permanent mounting solutions and they might be compatible with 68d mounts as well to get position just right. Just a thought.

OP
OP
kbBronco

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Take a look at ProClip. They have some great non permanent mounting solutions and they might be compatible with 68d mounts as well to get position just right. Just a thought.
sent a message to see if we could partner on a custom iPad solution. Looks like their iPad mounts are currently only for the back of headrests. Might grab one for my phone while I’m visiting the site, very cool solution.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kbBronco

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored
OP
OP
kbBronco

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So use the mount, move the arm
I could easily cover the screen
could you humor me by doing it and snapping a pic? Would really appreciate a visual on how it comes together in that orientation. Also, would you link me to the products you used to make it happen? Thanks for any help you could provide.

Reactions: GAN

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably not. I have the mounts loc tited

the two holes on the front (left or right side of the EE logo, then use the hinges mount to articulate the iPad wherever You need it
Ford Bronco 12.9” iPad Pro Dash Mount. 2974ED91-1B08-4578-A3AB-C04485A7CE3F
Ford Bronco 12.9” iPad Pro Dash Mount. CF746CB1-A8FD-4CCE-A97F-8BCE85B41E6E
Ford Bronco 12.9” iPad Pro Dash Mount. 3BB89EC0-DB66-4E57-9CFE-C3C6A5945188

OP
OP
kbBronco

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Probably not. I have the mounts loc tited

the two holes on the front (left or right side of the EE logo, then use the hinges mount to articulate the iPad wherever You need it
Sorry, but I’m a total idiot. Do you happen to have the Amazon links or name of each of these items I can use to find them on Amazon?