mapletonpd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now that that’s out of the way…. I want to mount my HUGE 12.9” iPad Pro over my existing 8” display. I’ve created a mount using a low profile case, some crazy strong magnets, and a black washer the size of the magnet.
I can think of lots of ways to mount an iPad over the 8" screen in a really nice way - but the one thing I can't get around is losing access to the contents of the 8" screen - namely the backup camera.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kbBronco

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can think of lots of ways to mount an iPad over the 8" screen in a really nice way - but the one thing I can't get around is losing access to the contents of the 8" screen - namely the backup camera.
I’m totally open to your suggestions, losing my backup cam really doesn’t matter to me. I’m an old school look at the mirrors type anyway.

mapletonpd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m totally open to your suggestions, losing my backup cam really doesn’t matter to me. I’m an old school look at the mirrors type anyway.
Well you could fab up some rails that hold it in place (3d print or otherwise) that hold it flush against the real screen and stick them on with command strips or something similar - I’ll make some
Sketches. I’m thinking something nice where it’s easy to pop it out when not needed or when you’re parked somewhere.

OP
OP
kbBronco

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well you could fab up some rails that hold it in place (3d print or otherwise) that hold it flush against the real screen and stick them on with command strips or something similar - I’ll make some
Sketches. I’m thinking something nice where it’s easy to pop it out when not needed or when you’re parked somewhere.
I’d really appreciate that. Been looking for a viable solution, and have sort of given up at this point. Thanks for the hand

Sponsored

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dig it, but I’m looking for something that will allow it to sit over the existing 8” screen.
67 designs has arms with multiple points of articulation, maybe check it out or email them with your thoughts and they can likely help.

jayr1959

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK 2DR 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
67 designs has arms with multiple points of articulation, maybe check it out or email them with your thoughts and they can likely help.
I have the 67 Designs mini rail with their Large universal tablet mount. It fits my mini iPad 6 just fine . I want to mount my iPad Pro 11" (also fits) I ordered 67 designs large arm and their elbow connector to try. I too would like it more centered over the existing head unit. I will update once everything arrives.

BenY

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is the exact thing I was trying to figure out. I need my iPad handy for work reasons and there is no comfortable way to use it while sitting and holding it. How does your set up handle driving around? Is there a lot of bounce or repositioning?
Sponsored