JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Mpg better than expected, indicated 16.8. Will calculate when I fill up soon.
Three calculated results were 17.1, 17.3 both on first leg of the trip. 65/70mph for 3 hours, 55/65mph for 3 hours plus a bunch of city driving. First half of the return trip was 16. Waze detoured around traffic through a town with stop and go at several lights as many others took the same detour. Dash was showing 38 miles to empty and I put in 19.3 gallons, something seems a little off with that.

I made use of the damper and steering adjustments. Comfort for steering helped a bit on the long drives. Stiffening the dampers helped at times when I needed more precise handling and softening them up helped on rough stretches.

Love the extra power. Merging onto the hwy at a full tank and two passengers plus luggage, was ridiculously easy and fun.

The brakes are pretty good. There was one of those random 70 to 0 panic stops for no discernable reason on the hwy. Just everybody moving along and next thing you know every car is doing a panic stop. ACC was keeping a good spacing so I had plenty of room to stop. I saw the brake lights a dozen cars ahead, height has advantages. Guy behind me had to go on to the shoulder.

I did not think that Bronco Raptors are all that rare, but many people pointed at it and several took pictures.
Sponsored

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
All things considered, 16.8MPG Is pretty good. I have had a trip 2 dash screen running non-stop for the past 8,000 miles or so. It says an average MPG of 14.9.

It’s amazing how, depending on the traffic conditions, mpg can range wildly. I have eclipsed 18 MPG a few times.

Did you ever drive a base program Bronco? Before purchasing my Warthog, I drove the 2.7 and 2.3. It is incredible how much slower those vehicles feel compared to Warthog. Be glad that you have that extra power.

One question for you, have you ever noticed your transmission slipping or shifting abruptly? This is something I have noticed on more than one occasion.

Mpg better than expected, indicated 16.8. Will calculate when I fill up soon.
Three calculated results were 17.1, 17.3 both on first leg of the trip. 65/70mph for 3 hours, 55/65mph for 3 hours plus a bunch of city driving. First half of the return trip was 16. Waze detoured around traffic through a town with stop and go at several lights as many others took the same detour. Dash was showing 38 miles to empty and I put in 19.3 gallons, something seems a little off with that.

I made use of the damper and steering adjustments. Comfort for steering helped a bit on the long drives. Stiffening the dampers helped at times when I needed more precise handling and softening them up helped on rough stretches.

Love the extra power. Merging onto the hwy at a full tank and two passengers plus luggage, was ridiculously easy and fun.

The brakes are pretty good. There was one of those random 70 to 0 panic stops for no discernable reason on the hwy. Just everybody moving along and next thing you know every car is doing a panic stop. ACC was keeping a good spacing so I had plenty of room to stop. I saw the brake lights a dozen cars ahead, height has advantages. Guy behind me had to go on to the shoulder.

I did not think that Bronco Raptors are all that rare, but many people pointed at it and several took pictures.

OP
OP
JerryC

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We traded in both a 2dr Badlands 4cyl manual and Wildtrak. The Raptor feels a good bit stronger than the Wildtrak which felt a good bit stronger than the Badlands.

I notice it sounds like the Trans is slipping as it goes through the 3-4-5 gears. It did it more at the beginning and it has gotten much better, or I'm getting used to it.

I forgot to say that at the end of first leg of the trip as we rolled into our destination it was indicating 17.8. Driving around town for the next few days certainly brought the average down.

DewarT

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
About to venture off on a 1,600 mile round trip journey this weekend. I hope I get something close to this mpg, but I would not chose to drive anything else I own. I cannot stand the ACC as its uncomfortable for me if I chose to change lanes when it see a car- it slows immediately. I need power to merge into another lane and its slowing me down.

How much do you attribute cruise control in general to your mpg?

FWIW- I see 'Smiles Per Gallon' on here quite a bit and I have stolen that and use it quite often now myself. I love this vehicle.

OP
OP
JerryC

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
About to venture off on a 1,600 mile round trip journey this weekend. I hope I get something close to this mpg, but I would not chose to drive anything else I own. I cannot stand the ACC as its uncomfortable for me if I chose to change lanes when it see a car- it slows immediately. I need power to merge into another lane and its slowing me down.

How much do you attribute cruise control in general to your mpg?

FWIW- I see 'Smiles Per Gallon' on here quite a bit and I have stolen that and use it quite often now myself. I love this vehicle.
In other vehicles I could beat CC by just a little bit and decided it wasn't worth the bump in mpg for the loss of convenience. I haven't tested that in the Raptor but I feel could do better as ACC accellerates hard after a slowdown. Also ACC doesn't "look" as far ahead as person can so it cant predict when a change is needed as well as person can and typically brakes more. Still though, not worth it for me.

ACC has its quirks for sure but I've learned to drive around them. I still scan far ahead to avoid running up on someone as much as possible. But if i need to I just put the pedal down some to override the auto braking.
It's especially useful in traffic. You leave it set at your highway speed and it keeps a safe distance as traffic slows. When traffic speeds up so does the ACC.

Cruise in general is good at not going too fast and the Raptor wants to go fast. :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

When I did a long trip about 700 miles total, on the K02s it was right around that 16.8 mark @75. Now with the MT Bajas and offset I am glad I can get 15 lol.

DewarT

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just completed my 1600 mile round trip- mostly highway- 800 miles in each of two days (~12.5 hours up and 11.5 hours back). I was the only driver and left Cruise on at 75-80mph most of the way. Weird that from VA to MA, it was 18.1mpg and MA to VA was 17.2mpg. Used 87 Octane at every stop, bone stock '23 Raptor with only comfort steering chosen on variables.

I'm pretty stoked with that. With ~6,000 total miles, I currently have a full avg at 14.5mpg. I mostly drive local and use Sport mode more often than not...

The only real difference was the time of day I drove- the trip North was late afternoon to midnight and a ton of traffic versus the trip south leaving at 2am and missing most of the traffic. Being slowed down improved the mileage...

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

When I did a long trip about 700 miles total, on the K02s it was right around that 16.8 mark @75. Now with the MT Bajas and offset I am glad I can get 15 lol.
Yeah I remember getting 17ish with the stock BFG's. They are literally the lightest 37's there is probably (and also undersized). I avg 14 with the E-rated Falkens, but I also drive spiritedly.

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The ambient wind plays a huge role with the wind at my back. I could easily get 2 miles per gallon better.
Sponsored