Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are several unresolved questions that I have regarding converting a 2021 order to a 2022 order once ordering resumes on 13 Oct.

1.. What does Ford/The Dealership consider a “similarly equipped build” as it relates to Ford guaranteed price protection for those that ordered by the cutoff in 2021?

Ford has consistently refrained from involving themselves in dealership/buyer pricing conflicts, even when dealerships have priced early reservation holders out of their ordered Bronco by requiring exorbitant ADMs and nullifying prior agreed to pricing. This gives the dealership all the leverage in the price negotiations and incentivizes the dealership to force the reservation holder out….as long as they don’t lose over 20% of original named orders. Ford has effectively told dealerships to let their conscience be their guide when it comes time to honor pricing agreements with reservation holders, and Ford will turn a blind eye to the unethical practice.

2. What happens when dealers don’t honor 2021 pricing for early 2020 reservation holders when they are forced to resubmit a new order for a 2022 model?

3. Will the reservation holder be allowed to place their order with a different dealership if the dealership holding their reservation/allocation decides to ignore Ford, and price the customers Bronco at 2022 prices or tack on an ADM?

There appears to be a lot of opportunity for unscrupulous dealership shenanigans with this flawed from day one process.

I’ve done everything Ford has asked since I reserved on July 13, 2020 at 6:10 MT, and obtained a #1 of 56 dealership allocations. I’ve stayed pumped, so to speak, and I haven’t even sniffed a VIN. The only thing I didn’t do for Ford was abandon my 2dr preference and change my order to a 4dr soft top.

If Ford allows its customers to be steamrolled by dealerships when reordering a 2022 model, that will be a bridge too far for this loyal Ford customer. I will sell the 4dr BB Bronco I picked up when the order was abandoned, as well as my 2021 Ranger, and I will never buy another Ford product. I will immediately purchase a loaded Willy’s Jeep Extreme Recon…..not because I want one, but out of spite.
Is there any point in worrying about this now?
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What happens if you change your order from 21 to 22 does that void the price guarantee?
Thinking I am not going to change hate to screw up a good thing.
No it does not. This is not directed at you, but it seem as if people are not paying any attention to what was stated by Ford. As far as dealers doing something shady, if people are with shady dealers still, well they had 14 months to remedy that.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is there any point in worrying about this now?
No. You’re absolutely right. Even if the worst case scenario materializes I am not worried in the least. I’m way past worrying about anything Bronco related at this point. Just speculating.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is actual news @Administrator
Not sure what this means to me. I reserved a base 2 door 4cyl. 7 speed. With no options. Just a color choice:AMB.
I can't believe they can't build a no-option vehicle in a year.
Still no word on my build date. Just BS about rodeos and get a hammock and poster in the mail.
Most of you guys have more patience than me.
I'm going to stick it out. I'm 70 years old and have plenty of time.
Regards from Arizona
Paul
me.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. You’re absolutely right. Even if the worst case scenario materializes I am not worried in the least. I’m way past worrying about anything Bronco related at this point. Just speculating.
At this point I am so committed that I am buying this thing be damned. I am all set on the dealer front, I don't have anything to worry about there luckily as far as marking up. My only consideration is what Ford will charge for the Mansquatch option, but again I don't care, at this point I am paying for it, after what will probably wind up being about 20-22 months by the time I get my ride, I sure as heck am getting it exactly the way I want it.

Sponsored

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a question for all you experts. If I switch to soft top any ideas what the price difference is? And would my build “likely” move up? If this has been addressed elsewhere, I apologize. No haters… 😉😇

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a question for all you experts. If I switch to soft top any ideas what the price difference is? And would my build “likely” move up? If this has been addressed elsewhere, I apologize. No haters… 😉😇
The upcharge for the MIC is only $695 and the Lord Jesus himself couldn't tell you whether or not you would get it sooner at this point.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
At this point I am so committed that I am buying this thing be damned. I am all set on the dealer front, I don't have anything to worry about there luckily as far as marking up. My only consideration is what Ford will charge for the Mansquatch option, but again I don't care, at this point I am paying for it, after what will probably wind up being about 20-22 months by the time I get my ride, I sure as heck am getting it exactly the way I want it.
I’ve been there. Then life has a way of happening and putting things in perspective.

I could walk away today and not bat an eye from anything Ford if they allow dealers to run roughshod over customers with so much time and planning vested in their Bronco purchase. I’m not going to be disrespected and lied to then hand over $60k regardless of how much I want my 2dr Bronco.

But, like you said…….it’s not worth worrying about. Now, or ever.

Kuze

Wildtrak
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How helpful is your dealer? My understanding is that when you place your 2022 order you will no longer be Code 99. 99 means “do not build” and it places your order on hold until you change the status, it was intended for folks who wanted to wait until MY22 . . . so if you are actually ordering a 2022 then presumably the 99 status goes away and your order is free to be scheduled. Note that you will be making a whole NEW order for a Bronco, so Ford should be sending you a new e-mail confirming the order once it is placed . . . then additional e-mails when your Bronco is actually scheduled for production, built, and then shipped to the dealer. The key for all of us who already have a 2021 Bronco on order, our original timestamp will be attached to the new 2022 order. Please see your dealer to confirm your personal situation.
That is an invalid statement. Those who chose to be Priority 99 to wait for MY22 will get to hold their original timestamps once they are no longer 99'd.

OP
OP
thesyncguru

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so what happens too the 2021 orders that were kicked to 22. They said our reservations and order dates will be built first prior to new inline orders for 2022. Is that actually going to happen or not.
They get moved to a priority 99 status (unscheduleable - if that is a word) once that happens the dealer simply re submits it adding any changes you may have made. Your reservation number and time stamp do not change if done correctly. Then we start all over again. I have a uhm "feeling" there will be a ton of scheduling emails going out Friday morning for the remainder of the year with zero scheduling over the next 3 weeks as well before starting the 22 scheduling.

Sponsored

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is an invalid statement. Those who chose to be Priority 99 to wait for MY22 will get to hold their original timestamps once they are no longer 99'd.
Yes, I that is what I thought I said, didn't mean to suggest that anyone will lose a timestamp with or without a code 99 . . . the whole point I was trying to make is that we all get to keep our timestamps with the new 2022 order. I think that is good news for everyone.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully this time around y'all remember to negotiate pricing and get your deals signed by a sales manager so we can be spared a year of "ZOMG! My dealer is charging me and ADM!1!11!" posts.

Actually, @Nickp can we maybe create a PSA banner on the website to advise people of this?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hopefully this time around y'all remember to negotiate pricing and get your deals signed by a sales manager so we can be spared a year of "ZOMG! My dealer is charging me and ADM!1!11!" posts.

Actually, @Nickp can we maybe create a PSA banner on the website to advise people of this?
“Beware all who trust a car salesman”

close enough? 🤣🤣🤣

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Literally almost every question asked in the last 2 pages has been answered by dealers here MULTIPLE times, come on guys!
C'mon now, Mr. 1,600 messages, you're a pro who I am sure is very well versed in "all things Bronco" with your ear to the ground and knowledge of what dealers are saying. I agree with you that many questions have already been asked and answered many times before. However, with 190,000 Bronco reservations there are going to be many in our beloved community who are not up to speed perhaps as much as you or I. Let's be patient and give a hand even if sometimes it is repetitive . . . that is part of why Bronco6G is here, a place where all Bronco enthusiasts from beginner 4WD'ers to aficionados who know there stuff can interact together and feel invited. :)
Sponsored